Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realistic Budget For Self Build?

Options
  • 30-03-2021 8:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

We are seriously considering purchasing a site in north county Dublin for €180k - €200k and doing a self build. We are however having some issues getting approved for the amount we wanted to borrow. It means once the site is purchased I’m only going to have a budget of €300k - €350k for a turn key build. We ideally want 4 bedrooms but we are prepared to compromise with this and other features of the house if required.

I would really appreciate it if someone could advise if €300k - €350 is realistic for everything excluding the site.

Thanks 🙏

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭briangriffin

Hi all,

We are seriously considering purchasing a site in north county Dublin for €180k - €200k and doing a self build. We are however having some issues getting approved for the amount we wanted to borrow. It means once the site is purchased I’m only going to have a budget of €300k - €350k for a turn key build. We ideally want 4 bedrooms but we are prepared to compromise with this and other features of the house if required.

I would really appreciate it if someone could advise if €300k - €350 is realistic for everything excluding the site.

Thanks ðŸ™

What size is the house in square feet? Is it 2 storey or bungalow? I've recently built and 350,000 would build a nice 2500 sq foot house depending on your level of finishing, self build will save you circa 100k but cost you years of your life!

Advertisement