Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adjustable Desk & Chair

Options
  • 30-03-2021 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

After a year or working from home, I think I'm finally ready to start committing to improving the set up I have. I currently have an IKEA Desk I picked up a few years ago but it's too short so I don't fit under it properly. I was thinking of getting one of the adjustable standing desks where you can alter the height like:
    jarvis-laminate-hero-walnut-alloy-grom-01.jpg

But these are 600 to start with and was hoping people had seen cheaper alternatives?

A decent office chair would be nice too as my current one enters year 15 of service :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi
    I've got 2 x standing desks (one with a chair) off AJ Products
    https://www.ajproducts.ie/office-conference/office-furniture/standing-desks/standing-desk-straight/1568844-19445874.wf?productId=19445859
    One two years ago and one last month

They deliver and install the desk.
    Price ranges are in the region €552.27 up (incl. VAT)

Last month, I checked the used market (Adverts, DoneDeal etc.) but opted to go for the tried and trusted. IKEA did not have them in stock at that time.
    Happy hunting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi
    I've got 2 x standing desks (one with a chair) off AJ Products
    https://www.ajproducts.ie/office-conference/office-furniture/standing-desks/standing-desk-straight/1568844-19445874.wf?productId=19445859
    One two years ago and one last month

They deliver and install the desk.
    Price ranges are in the region €552.27 up (incl. VAT)

Last month, I checked the used market (Adverts, DoneDeal etc.) but opted to go for the tried and trusted. IKEA did not have them in stock at that time.
    Happy hunting

Can I ask if you had to replace your original one after only 2 years? Just wondering if there is a quality issue there?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi
    No - I originally got one for myself and then my wife got one.

They are good quality (sturdy). They are electric, so you need a power supply (socket or extension lead).

I could highly recommend the company and service.
    (like yourself I was hoping to get something in a lower price range - but there did not seem to be anything available)

My wife had a corribord desk for a while (purchased online for about €25 and she got about 12 months out of that, but it was not adjustable and began to buckle under the weight of two monitors).
    We considered desk top adjustable platforms, but they required an existing desk of a particular size (they range from €200 - €600).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Bravobabe wrote: »
    Hi
    No - I originally got one for myself and then my wife got one.

They are good quality (sturdy). They are electric, so you need a power supply (socket or extension lead).

I could highly recommend the company and service.
    (like yourself I was hoping to get something in a lower price range - but there did not seem to be anything available)

My wife had a corribord desk for a while (purchased online for about €25 and she got about 12 months out of that, but it was not adjustable and began to buckle under the weight of two monitors).
    We considered desk top adjustable platforms, but they required an existing desk of a particular size (they range from €200 - €600).

Thats a much more reassuring indication :) Thanks for taking the time to reply! Have ordered the desk for now, will research chairs with next month's salary as these also seem a bit more expensive than expected but I need a good one!

Advertisement