Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Insurance for flat roofed, non-standard house

• 30-03-2021 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

We've just completed a new build timber-frame house with a flat roof, covered in EPDM rubber and externally clad in corrugated steel. We're currently looking for building insurance but are finding that insurers are not familiar with this type of roof covering and hate flat roofs - and that's before we get onto the corrugated steel cladding.
    Can anyone recommend an adventurous or even forward-thinking insurance company/broker who will help us get this project over the line?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭MunsterM

I guess you've got insurance by now. Who did you go with ? Reason I'm asking is that my house is deemed to be non-standard and my insurance is up for renewal next month so I'm looking to see if there's any alternatives to my current insurer.

Thanks.

Advertisement