Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay / Pay-as-you-Go Mobile Plans

• 30-03-2021 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this.

I've been a bill pay customer for the best part of a decade as I've always wanted to upgrade to a new phone at the end of a contract, so always locked myself in to new contracts as a result.

I'm fairly happy with my current phone, and trying to cut down on the €60 a month I'm currently paying Vodafone.

My current contract expires on the 8th May - just wondering what is the best plan to go on for someone who -

(1) Wants to keep their existing phone
    (2) Uses *lots* of data
    (3) Calls Irish landlines frequently (Maybe 2 hours in total of calls a week)
    (4) Rarely if ever send SMS, and very infrequently calls other mobiles.

A strong 4G network is essential.

Open to any recommendations, thanks. I'm open to any type of plan as long as it doesn't lock me in to a long contract, so maybe the terminology used in the thread title isn't correct. Sorry, it's been a while since I researched this!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this.

I've been a bill pay customer for the best part of a decade as I've always wanted to upgrade to a new phone at the end of a contract, so always locked myself in to new contracts as a result.

I'm fairly happy with my current phone, and trying to cut down on the €60 a month I'm currently paying Vodafone.

My current contract expires on the 8th May - just wondering what is the best plan to go on for someone who -

(1) Wants to keep their existing phone
    (2) Uses *lots* of data
    (3) Calls Irish landlines frequently (Maybe 2 hours in total of calls a week)
    (4) Rarely if ever send SMS, and very infrequently calls other mobiles.

A strong 4G network is essential.

Open to any recommendations, thanks. I'm open to any type of plan as long as it doesn't lock me in to a long contract, so maybe the terminology used in the thread title isn't correct. Sorry, it's been a while since I researched this!

Gomo, myself and my family all on Gomo past year can't fault it at all.

€12.99 per month all in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭sector_000

On behalf of all Vodafone shareholders, thanks for contributing to our HUGE profits. Vodafone employees and shareholders depend on customers like you for our huge bonuses :D

[Note: this is sarcasm... in case anyone thinks I'm serious]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

sector_000 wrote: »
    On behalf of all Vodafone shareholders, thanks for contributing to our HUGE profits. Vodafone employees and shareholders depend on customers like you for our huge bonuses :D

[Note: this is sarcasm... in case anyone thinks I'm serious]

What an odd post. Thanks, I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭A Law

48 decent as well. On the 3 network, GoMo piggybacks off eir. 48 Sims are free and give you 1gig of data to test it out before you purchase a monthly membership. Slightly cheaper than go mo. Customer service normally poor with these cheap networks. I've never had a problem tho.

Advertisement