Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shredder

Options
  • 30-03-2021 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I would buy a driver belt for a Challenge Garden Shredder? I bought this new last week from ARGOS and the driver belt broke after a few days. I've tried to contact the aftersales service listed on the manual but nobody is picking up. I've emailed Argos but so far no response.

Best
    Carol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

IS there any id numbers on the belt ? if there is you could try googling it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Hi,
    I bought this new last week from ARGOS and the driver belt broke after a few days. I've tried to contact the aftersales service listed on the manual but nobody is picking up. I've emailed Argos but so far no response.

It's Argos' responsibility to fix you up with a new/working machine, not the shredder manufacturer. The usual advice if e-mails aren't being answered is to use Facebook or Twitter, if you have an account; if not, try finding a phone number (doesn't have to be a premium rate "customer service" number - any Argos office will do if they're going to mess you around: keep ringing them back to inform them of the "still no reply" to your e-mail/other message until they sort it out at their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carol Murphy

Thanks for the advice - I will get back to Argos!

Best
    Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Thanks for the advice - I will get back to Argos!

Best
    Carol
    Yes that's the best thing to do.
    Under the Sale of Gods Act, the contract is between you and Argos, to sell you goods of "...merchantable quality......suitable for the purpose, etc.,etc." On the other hand they might defend themselves by claiming you have misused the item.
    Do not attempt to dismantle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Carol Murphy

hey, today i got the new garden shredder from Argos and returned the faulty one, fingers crossed that it goes well . Thanks for the advice :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement