Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Qatar v Republic of Ireland - Match Thread 30/3/21 K.O 7.45PM - RTE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I wouldn't say that, just Google Aspire Academy human trafficking. The lads basically bring pre teens into the country from places like Africa, Asia and Central America.

How is it legal in Fifa rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Molumby and Hendrick have been absolutely awful all night. Constantly caught in possession, passing to men under pressure and hiding instead of providing an option for the defenders.

I don't get how the panel and Cunningham are so upbeat watching this. No one has any ability on the ball. I fancy i could do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

It's hard to single a player out, but Troy Parrott has looked so off the pace tonight. Nowhere near good enough yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Must be amazing to have enough money to keep moving your country to 3 different continents

I'd say Qatar would have the money to buy countries in different continents if they wanted to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The answer is in the question. FIFA rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I wouldn't say that, just Google Aspire Academy human trafficking. The lads basically bring pre teens into the country from places like Africa, Asia and Central America.

I think the UAE issued a complaint over the eligibility of some of their players after losing to them a few years ago.

Unsurprisingly FIFA threw out the complaint without any explanation as to why it was rejected...

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Where's the Ireland subs?

We're 11 games in and you're still wondering? Give it until 88 mins and we'll swap a striker for a striker but priority will be to tap it around.

In the words of the Wu Tang Clan, Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Basically money talks I'd assume.

It's hard to single a player out, but Troy Parrott has looked so off the pace tonight. Nowhere near good enough yet

Troy Parrott is a Kenny level of player if you have ever seen one. I.e. will start up front for Kenny next season. At Finn Harps.

Oat23 wrote: »
    I think the UAE issued a complaint over the eligibility of some of their players after losing to them a few years ago.

Unsurprisingly FIFA threw out the complaint without any explanation as to why it was rejected...
    In the words of the Wu Tang Clan, Cash Rules Everything Around Me. Basically money talks I'd assume.

I wonder why....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Duffy time.

A bit of a joke.

The buy world cup
    Buy players
    Buy daft friendlys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Should be hitting the target there Robinson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Oat23 wrote: »
    The way some people talk about Qatar you'd never know they were ranked only 15 places behind us and are the current Asian Cup champions having beaten S.Korea in the quarter finals and Japan in the final 2 years ago.

They have come on leaps and bounds since Fifa 95.
    Every player had two left feet and their laces tied together.
    Half the team could barely stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Troy Parrott is a Kenny level of player if you have ever seen one. I.e. will start up front for Kenny next season. At Finn Harps.

Yeah, you're right. No point giving boys like parrot some minutes. Let's keep giving game time to 34 year old shane long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

If we don't get a winner we should say goodbye to Kenny. I like him but it hasn't worked out. Just say thanks and move on. For whatever reason it hasn't worked.

This is like a cup final and it really hinges on the result. Get a winner and he can say we got there in the end. Lose and he should be gone.

A draw with this display and there isn't much positives to take from this.Take out our goal and we really have only had shane long on the backpass.

Yes we don't have great players, covid etc all the reasons why its a hard luck story, but he hasn't shown me anything to hang my hat on. Stuttering interviews and bad body language. Yes his team is on an awful run so he is not going to be jolly but it comes across badly. I would have to assume the same with the players.

I wanted him to work out but we have to say it hasn't. I don't think he knows how to change it when things are going wrong. That's what I see.

I know, who do we put in? Anyone but him at the moment. It feels like the more he tries the worse we are getting. I really hopes he just steps down honourably. Takes a break and then comes back somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

This is a bit like my sex life.

Not much penetration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

If we don't get a winner we should say goodbye to Kenny. I like him but it hasn't worked out. Just say thanks and move on. For whatever reason it hasn't worked.

This is like a cup final and it really hinges on the result. Get a winner and he can say we got there in the end. Lose and he should be gone.

A draw with this display and there isn't much positives to take from this.Take out our goal and we really have only had shane long on the backpass.

Yes we don't have great players, covid etc all the reasons why its a hard luck story, but he hasn't shown me anything to hang my hat on. Stuttering interviews and bad body language. Yes his team is on an awful run so he is not going to be jolly but it comes across badly. I would have to assume the same with the players.

I wanted him to work out but we have to say it hasn't. I don't think he knows how to change it when things are going wrong. That's what I see.

I know, who do we put in? Anyone but him at the moment. It feels like the more he tries the worse we are getting. I really hopes he just steps down honourably. Takes a break and then comes back somewhere.

The FAI just gave him a vote of confidence so he won't be going anywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Gonna be 12 without a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

We have a Taoiseach who cannot communicate and a football manager who cannot communicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He should get at least one full campaign then sure, assess then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Neeson wrote: »
    We have a Taoiseach who cannot communicate and a football manager who cannot communicate.

They should swap, couldn't do much worse really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

He's been spending too much time hanging out with the kinahans.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

siblers wrote: »
    The FAI just gave him a vote of confidence so he won't be going anywhere

Thats why I hope he does it himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

ebbsy wrote: »
    This is a bit like my sex life.

Not much penetration.

And hardly ever score

• Advertisement

Obviously worst record ever for Ireland.?

By a long way ?

Good chance there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Should have buried that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Did anyone play well tonight? I can’t tell despite watching the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

That's an awful miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

We nearly stole it at the death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Dunno what they're talking about on commentary there. I certainly don't feel "lifted" by that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Surely " Man Of The Match" is some sort of bad joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Needs to do better there ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

It's a results game so I don't disagree but i question whether a different voice will make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

It will be but isn’t yet. Only 11.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

That cross by Christie was sensational.

Thats why I hope he does it himself

He’s on half a million a year. He’s hardly going to step down for the craic like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No win in 11 now for Kenny, can only get better

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Christie is ****ing useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Absolutely spot on it should finish with that ****e from Christie he was at it all game. Truly awful player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

No win in 11 now for Kenny, can only get better

Or worse

Did anyone play well tonight? I can’t tell despite watching the game.

Coleman he's so much better than anyone else out there

Kenny body language poor last two games.

He has given up himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Obviously worst record ever for Ireland.?

By a long way ?

No. We once went 20 without a win between 1968 and 1971.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

0 points in that table... that is painful/shocking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Looking so tired here.

You're just here for the laugh aren't ya?

Fook it anyway. Deserved a win there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That free kick at the end was awful. Really need an improvement in the final third, such a huge issue

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭sterz

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    0 points in that table... that is painful/shocking :(

I wasn't that shocked when I saw it. It's the same as it was on Saturday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Deserved a win there.

:pac:

Advertisement