Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling with Code restrictions

Options
  • 30-03-2021 7:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48

I'm wondering can anyone explain for me travel while under restrictions.

My job have me commuting from Dublin to Belfast for 3 days next week.

Is there any checks if I'm travelling by air coach to Europa bus station? And could I land myself in bother if work is sending me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,913 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Lougho wrote: »
    I'm wondering can anyone explain for me travel while under restrictions.

My job have me commuting from Dublin to Belfast for 3 days next week.

Is there any checks if I'm travelling by air coach to Europa bus station? And could I land myself in bother if work is sending me.

Just ask work to issue you a letter outlining that the travel is essential. I've had one for travel around the city since this time last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Lougho

Just ask work to issue you a letter outlining that the travel is essential. I've had one for travel around the city since this time last year.

If I use my online log ins and show my roster as proof would that be sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

If I use my online log ins and show my roster as proof would that be sufficient?

Would be easier to just get a letter I imagine. Quick flash of the letter and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,385 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No, they will be looking for a letter issued on company headed paper with the contact details for someone to call should they query it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

Just ask them for a letter. Why they've not provided one is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fimc

To note, Aircoach to Belfast is currently suspended until May. Dublincoach too.

Bus Eireann also paused.

Translink are the only service operating to/from Belfast Europa Bus Centre at present and have a limited number of seats per bus for social distancing. Highly recommend booking online asap to ensure you get a seat for each trip. Personal experience of being on standby going from Belfast to Dublin last week and walk ups were turned away.

Trains appear to be running but no knowledge of what limitations may be in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Get a letter and take the train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Lougho

Thank you very much

Advertisement