Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trampoline faulty consumer rights

Options
  • 30-03-2021 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

I brought a trampoline from a local retailer in late 2018. Only one child that has been using the trampoline and it was located in a sheltered built up area with trees.
    In 2019 and 2020 I returned to the retailer complaining with issues of two of the poles breaking.
    When my daughter was on it I seen the trampoline was sinking in the middle when I investigated it the bottom had came away from the rim of the trampoline. My child can't use it now.
    I have spoken to the retailer but from the sound of it they will not be replacing the trampoline. What are my rights? The trampoline wasn't abused or anything. I would have it expected to last longer than that. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

You should expect to get 3-8 year out of a trampoline according to google, the 8 years entirely dependent on a how you cared for it, and also normally reserved for very high end models.
    Did you have it stored away over winter, or left out in the elements? Did you have a cover over it to protect it from the rain?
    In al honestly unless you can prove the above, I’d say your fighting a losing battle, if you left a bike out in all weathers, you wouldn’t get 2.5 years out of it either.
    Really dependent on what level of care you used and that will be hard to prove...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭tscul32

Ours has been out in the elements uncovered for 8 years and while the netting and padding need to be replaced the poles, springs and canvas base are still fine. And that's with years of use by 3 boisterous boys and their friends.
    And it was just the standard one that you buy in Smyths, not a high end model.
    OP I wouldn't be too happy but not sure what rights you have. Perhaps the small claims procedure might work in your favour.

Advertisement