Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of trolling

Options
  • 30-03-2021 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭

Hello,
    I was accused of trolling, deflecting and going off topic in the Sinn Fein thread.

I made a comment on an issue and topic I didn't raise.
    Also my main issue is I see worse on a daily basis and nothing happens so it's difficult to see where the line is.

This is my post which got the card:

A poster posted the details of what SF/FG/FF spend on social media. Many other posters concentrated on the Serbian connection being 'nefarious' etc.. I had repeatedly asked what the issue was and why concentrate on the Serbians?

I posted this:
    Yep, I can think of three posters off the top of my head would call that racist if it was being said about FG.

Like what?

I find the amounts FF/FG are spending a waste considering josepha and Varadkars goofs.
    I wonder how much the tax payer is on the hook for?

If this is indeed trolling, upsetting, deflecting, going off topic, how come these, in the same thread, are fine?
    Yes, I am sure you are saying the same thing over on the Leo thread.
    Imagine if it turned out that the Gardai declined to prosecute Leo because it turned out one of them told him is was ok to share the document?
    ....It's been a self-inflicted own goal by the IRA whose indiscriminate bombing campaigns hamstrung private sector economic activity over the decades.
    Says it all about SF to be honest, if you can excuse and whatabout murder of children, all for the cause, then calling a woman to be burned at the stake is small fry, no pun intended.

I don't think I was trolling. I named nobody. I was commenting on a post. I was accurate in my comment.
    If I was trolling etc., why are these posts okay?

I've contacted the Mod and it stands.
    I would like someone to look into this please. At least some balanced moderating ongoing.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It appears this got wrongly moved along with a batch of other threads this morning. It's back to DRP and re-opened accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi James,

I can look into this for you. Can you either post the PM's here or PM them to me?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Great thanks.
    I just mailed them to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Great thanks.
    I just mailed them to you.

I have them. Thanks.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

Hi James,

Thanks for waiting. I have looked into this.

I'm in full agreement with the moderator here. Your post is a clear attempt to try and shift the focus of the thread away from Sinn Fein towards Fianna Fail & Fine Gael.

I've also read the conversation between yourself and the moderator and you've consistently tried to draw attention to other posts on the thread. Current Affairs is a busy forum and it's not fair to expect volunteer moderators to screen each and every post, hence the requests that users employ the report post function to flag objectionable posts. 

Since the beginning of this year, you've had a one day ban, an infraction and now a second warning. To be frank, I think the moderator was extremely lenient here. I advise you to reconsider your posting style in the forum as you may receive a ban in the event of any more breaches of the forum rules.

Please let me know if you'd like to flag this for an admin review.

Hi James,

Thanks for waiting. I have looked into this.

I'm in full agreement with the moderator here. Your post is a clear attempt to try and shift the focus of the thread away from Sinn Fein towards Fianna Fail & Fine Gael.

I've also read the conversation between yourself and the moderator and you've consistently tried to draw attention to other posts on the thread. Current Affairs is a busy forum and it's not fair to expect volunteer moderators to screen each and every post, hence the requests that users employ the report post function to flag objectionable posts. 

Since the beginning of this year, you've had a one day ban, an infraction and now a second warning. To be frank, I think the moderator was extremely lenient here. I advise you to reconsider your posting style in the forum as you may receive a ban in the event of any more breaches of the forum rules.

Please let me know if you'd like to flag this for an admin review.

No worries. Thanks.

I am referencing a post within the thread listing the social media spend by FF/FG and SF. I spoke on the comparison. I did not bring them into the conversation.

Yes because when you see regular posts referencing other threads and off thread sidelines, like the one I referenced which is actually in the same thread, it looks acceptable to Mods and you don't expect to be singled out for it.
    I did flag posts. I even PM'd the Mod one of them.
    Now youse are aware will they too be treated similarly, given infractions?

And that's why I've come here. I think Boards needs to look at it's moderation. It's uneven.

I'd like to bring this to an Admin for review please.

Thanks.

EDIT:

I just flagged this one in the Leo Varadkar leaked thread:
    On the contrary, the correct thing to do is for the constitutional nationalists in parties like FF, FG and Labour to continue to reach out to the unionist side.

The rotten toxic nationalist ideology of Sinn Fein can continue to be left outside.

Ok, I'll request an admin review now.

Thanks.
    I flagged a bunch earlier. I'll hold off as there are so many comments trying to deflect on threads and go off topic I don't want to get into trouble for abusing the process.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've had a look at this and have nothing to add to the CMod and original mod decision here, except for one thing

During the lifetime of this forum you have now picked up 14 sanctions (indeed in less than 15 months). Cards do not seem to have any impact on your actions. I am therefore increasing this to a one month forum ban. Please do not be surprised if even longer bans are applied going forward

Resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement