Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buy more Eth or hedge with USDC?

• 31-03-2021 7:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

I'm holding most of my Eth and a small bit of USDC in a yield.app account rn earning 16% apy and have a bit extra cash that I'm going to add. My plan was to just buy USDC and treat this like a cash account but earning better interest than the bank (only getting 1.5% in my bank savings account rn).

My question is, am I foolish buying a stablecoin tied to a currency that just got devalued a lot and might go down further in the near term? My alternative would be to buy more ETH which might appreciate better than USDC but is riskier and I already have a decent amount. My only options to buy are Eth, USDC or, USDT. What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Surely earning 16% apr keeps you well ahead of any dollar devaluing. If the current bull run ends ETH has the potential to devalued a hell of alot faster than the dollar ever could, it went from 1400$ in Jan 2018 to sub 100$ end of that year. I hope to god we'll never see that sort of drop again, but I could well expect a 50% or more retracement at some random stage.

Advertisement