Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccine , age before special interest groups good or bad? *Mod Note In OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Yea you get your second date at the first.

I'm wondering am I one of the lucky ones receiving the jab, due to this new approach, just received my first contact, didn't expect that at all

Perhaps. I think there is still the factor of the AZ vaccine and over 65’s so there will naturally be some overlaps in vaccinations until that full cohort is vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Perhaps. I think there is still the factor of the AZ vaccine and over 65’s so there will naturally be some overlaps in vaccinations until that full cohort is vaccinated.

i dont feel like i should be getting this yet, as im sure theres others far more vulnerable that me, but i ll take it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Concretejungle

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    i dont feel like i should be getting this yet, as im sure theres others far more vulnerable that me, but i ll take it

You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. That's the problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,318 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

You can please some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. That's the problem :D

ah vaccines has become a mess, it was always gonna be

• Registered Users Posts: 16,618 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

moonage wrote: »
    No healthy person under 60 should be vaccinated.

Untrue, a lot of people in the under 60 age group have died, less than over 60's age group, but there is a lot more people in the under 60 group that will die without vaccines.
    The vaccines at best reduce symptoms. They don't stop infection or transmission.

Untrue, vaccines are between 60-95% effective at stopping all symptoms, with the remaining % only getting mild to moderate symptoms and no severe symptoms. They also reduce transmission, with the % reduction looking about 66%.
    It's crazy giving non-vulnerable people under-tested, unapproved, experimental treatments whose medium and long term safety is questionable.

Untrue, there has been no less testing on these vaccines than any other vaccines, they have been rolled out safely to hundreds of millions of people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Delighted they will go with age.

Stops the Unions fighting with each other and the Government.

Now we have an even playing field.

Maybe im biased as I hate unions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

is_that_so wrote: »
    At the risk of getting caught out by the date I don't understand why a government minister is challenging the NIAC decision they approved. TDs lobbying, of course, is just another day's work.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0401/1207355-vaccines/

"Last night, Minister Norma Foley told Fianna Fáil TDs and Senators that it is a significant change and it would be "helpful" if NIAC explained the rationale behind the move."

Pretty sure that's why Karina Butler was on the radio yesterday

She perfectly explained the rationale behind the change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    "Last night, Minister Norma Foley told Fianna Fáil TDs and Senators that it is a significant change and it would be "helpful" if NIAC explained the rationale behind the move."

Pretty sure that's why Karina Butler was on the radio yesterday

She perfectly explained the rationale behind the change

Never underestimate the focus a TD has on a future election and the possibility of a cohort campaigning against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Never underestimate the focus a TD has on a future election and the possibility of a cohort campaigning against them.

Foley has already lost the support of teachers alright

She's hated by them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Foley has already lost the support of teachers alright

She's hated by them

They hate any Minister who wishes to reform or will now bow the need to their every whim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

At the risk of getting caught out by the date I don't understand why a government minister is challenging the NIAC decision they approved. TDs lobbying, of course, is just another day's work.

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2021/0401/1207355-vaccines/

She has to. Otherwise it looks like she abandoned her own employees.

Now she can claim she can agrees and sympathises with the teachers but the matter is out of her hands. Pins everything back on NIAC.

Spineless leadership? Yep. There is a possibility she does genuinely disagree with NIAC. I think it's more likely she's just thinking of her own image, union relations and the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

No healthy person under 60 should be vaccinated.

The vaccines at best reduce symptoms. They don't stop infection or transmission.

It's crazy giving non-vulnerable people under-tested, unapproved, experimental treatments whose medium and long term safety is questionable.

This reads like something from June 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Turtwig wrote: »
    She has to. Otherwise it looks like she abandoned her own employees.

Now she can claim she can agrees and sympathises with the teachers but the matter is out of her hands. Pins everything back on NIAC.

Spineless leadership? Yep. There is a possibility she does genuinely disagree with NIAC. I think it's more likely she's just thinking of her own image, union relations and the next election.

And she knows its going ahead as revised anyway, so it's not as if she is going to achieve any reversal. Probably even approved by cabinet, or M Martin that she do so as politically the best position to take for her and the govt overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

funnydoggy wrote: »
    This reads like something from June 2020

2020 QAnon.

A consultant doctor from the Coombe took vaccines from the hospital home with him to vaccinate members of his/her family. No names yet. Absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A consultant doctor from the Coombe took vaccines from the hospital home with him to vaccinate members of his/her family. No names yet. Absolutely shocking.

It must be a criminal offence surely ? Theft of public property .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    It must be a criminal offence surely ? Theft of public property .
    Not a crime as there is no law for it. The whole guidance thing was bit less clear back then but it's a very good example of what shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Not a crime as there is no law for it. The whole guidance thing was bit less clear back then but it's a very good example of what shouldn't have been allowed to happen.

Stealing medications from a hospital is certainly something to be struck off for.

Honestly I wouldn't be sure about it not being a criminal offence.

Multipass wrote: »
    Stealing medications from a hospital is certainly something to be struck off for.
    There seemed to be tacit acceptance of its removal by the hospital so no theft.

• Advertisement

It absolutely is theft . And there is a law against stealing drugs from a hospital

Honestly I wouldn't be sure about it not being a criminal offence.
    Based on the guidance at the time they could claim good faith, a very weak argument morally. I don't think anyone wants to look at criminality but they do want to make a very good example of them.

I wouldn't be so sure about it not been criminal (albeit nothing that would end up with jail time). Was a prescription written for the vaccine?

I wouldn't be so sure about it not been criminal (albeit nothing that would end up with jail time). Was a prescription written for the vaccine?

Plus property of the HSE was taken from a hospital .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2021/0401/1207471-ireland-vaccine-latest/
    "The centre has found that the status of the registered person may change to vaccinated if contacted by another vaccination centre and this has resulted in people not attending for appointment.
    is there no way to tell the HSE that you already got the vaccine? https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1377639985558458371

many more example below, ppl getting the texts the day after the appointment date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

That says it all - the rot goes all the way to the top.

Multipass wrote: »
    That says it all - the rot goes all the way to the top.
    The two of them, the Coombe and the Beacon, are perfect examples of how not to do things, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,824 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

to the medical council then.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

The hospital don't own the vaccines, it's not their acceptance to give.

• Advertisement

to the medical council then.
    Maybe, the taking it home is a worse transgression but you can see them hiding behind best effort to use the vaccines, but their best effort was awful.

Advertisement