Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Formulas after upgrading Excel 2007 to 2010

Options
  • 31-03-2021 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Hi, i upgraded Office 2007 on a Win 10 machine to Office 2010 but now any spreadsheet that had simple formulas in them have lost the formulas from the cells.

For example a single row with 5 column entries of 2,2,2,2,2 and then the 6th column had a basic Sum() or similar to return "10" but now when i open that in Office 2010 i have the 5 rows of 2,2,2,2,2 and 6th column is "0"

I cant seem to find anything online for compatibility going forward from 2007 to 2010. I can find backward compatibility information and info for 2003 to 2010 but not a solution to my issue.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

What is the file format that the sheet is saved as?perhaps it's saved as a non-supported type?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is the formula actually missing, or is it just not doing the calculations?

This is unlikely to have been caused by the upgrade anyway, it's more likely something that happened when the file was saved or during a copy/paste operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

seamus wrote: »
    Is the formula actually missing, or is it just not doing the calculations?

This is unlikely to have been caused by the upgrade anyway, it's more likely something that happened when the file was saved or during a copy/paste operation.

Hi Seamus, thanks for the response.

I had a big long response typed out to send to you and I've just deleted it as the issues seems to have gone away!!!

I think i might just have been unlucky with the file i picked to verify the problem as all others seem fine now.

I know there was an issue with others earlier but i just cant explain that now :-)

Anyway it's all good now..

Thanks again.

Advertisement