Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Trig occasionally pops in. I think we all need to agree to up our personal hygiene and have more treats around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Trig occasionally pops in. I think we all need to agree to up our personal hygiene and have more treats around the place.

I think the yearly shower needs to be upped to at least 2 a year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Heading to my daily shower shortly now that Grumpy has been cajoled and corralled into a fed, medicated, washed and dressed older gent in an armchair. So, its definitely not me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Trig occasionally pops in.

Pop.

There are a lot of heads that used to post here over the years but dont anymore for various reasons sadly.
    When this thread first started out the mods were a bit over zealous and you were given yellow cards and warnings for posting but not actually saying where you are!
    Once I stated 'what I was doing' but not where I was and got an on-thread warning. Good times. Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Pop.

There are a lot of heads that used to post here over the years but dont anymore for various reasons sadly.
    When this thread first started out the mods were a bit over zealous and you were given yellow cards and warnings for posting but not actually saying where you are!
    Once I stated 'what I was doing' but not where I was and got an on-thread warning. Good times. Not.

Lordie , I should have been thread banned a long time ago so TH :eek:
    It's more of a chat thread imo , which is a good thing , let the posters talk if they wish !

• Advertisement

I miss Dave and BlackForest. Good auld skins.

Auto I hope the little fella is running about the place in no time :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Lordie , I should have been thread banned a long time ago so TH :eek:
    It's more of a chat thread imo , which is a good thing , let the posters talk if they wish !

Do you remember a few years back there was a big thread here about the direction AH had gone in. Loads of posters were commenting about this thread and the TA/TH ones. People who never posted in them saying they didn't want them! I even recall an ex mod of here telling me they wanted chat style threads gone.

There are still issues I think but at least the community making threads can remain.

Auto I hope the little fella is running about the place in no time :)

Yes. I miss Dave's beautiful pics and BF's updates - I liked to live vicariously through him. And what's happened to Guy/Wayne?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Really sorry to hear Alfie is sick. Keep us updated, Auto.

To thine own self be true

Maki x

• Advertisement

Maki x

Oh yeah! He was banned I know but I hope he returns. Same as Bertie.

I had better get up. Money won't make itself, more is the pity. I'm fecked since that last vaccine. Like Rip Van Winkle!

I had better get up. Money won't make itself, more is the pity. I'm fecked since that last vaccine. Like Rip Van Winkle!

Just think of it as your antibodies firing up. All good to go!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

First prick done..

First prick done..

Ooh matron! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Ooh matron! :p
    ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-bouvier-des-flandres-puppies-for-sale-uk.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

First prick done..

Snap ;)

Sitting outside, it's freezing but too lazy to move.
    Delighted here, we (mostly me) just went a bit mad and booked a few trips to the US: August to see friends and some family in Boston and San Francisco then Christmas in Miami Beach!!! Seriously enough is enough, time to get on with things and have some crazy fun stuff to look forward to.

Auto, I'm pulling for wee Alfie.

Good for you, Cali!

Where'ers abroad :eek: We're selling the Miami episode to E! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Sitting outside, it's freezing but too lazy to move.
    Delighted here, we (mostly me) just went a bit mad and booked a few trips to the US: August to see friends and some family in Boston and San Francisco then Christmas in Miami Beach!!! Seriously enough is enough, time to get on with things and have some crazy fun stuff to look forward to.

Auto, I'm pulling for wee Alfie.

Well done you. I have a significant birthday next year and I'm toying with the idea of treating myself to something similar if funds and Covid allow ;)

Well done you. I have a significant birthday next year and I'm toying with the idea of treating myself to something similar if funds and Covid allow ;)

Go for it. Funds recover (eventually).
    Just get travel insurance/book direct with places that have guaranteed cancellation policies and you're set. I just copped to the fact that we could waiting for variants to pass for years at this stage...

ETA: I have US citizenship so, there's that...

The big 50?

:pac:

The big 50?

:pac:

I heard it's 60. :pac:

Screamadelica is 30. I'm ancient.

Age is nothing but a number , it's how you feel in your head , turning a milestone number doesn't mean you automatically turn into a decrepit old crone :pac:

Waiting until later for my winning euromillions numbers to roll out then we can all go with PM for her birthday next year :D
    (May or may not be true :p )

I heard it's 60. :pac:

66, my retirement pot will come good!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Any news about Alfie?

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Age is nothing but a number , it's how you feel in your head , turning a milestone number doesn't mean you automatically turn into a decrepit old crone :pac:

So true. I feel 20 years younger and look 10 years younger. I plan to stay a big eejit of a child regardless of what number o get to.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So true. I feel 20 years younger and look 10 years younger. I plan to stay a big eejit of a child regardless of what number o get to.

Same here Sardonicat tbh , I think our attitude plays a big part in it all , young at heart , or forever young !
    Two earworms for ye there too :p

Advertisement