Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh gosh no day four back i think. Finding my feet still a bit.

Tea for one so :(

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Horizontal on the sofa, listening to music on my headphones. Thoughtful...

Got some sad news - Gaire, the largest LGBT website and message boards in Ireland, is shutting down at the end of July after 21 years. :( I have been a regular poster on the Gaire message boards - and later a mod and then admin - since April 2004, that is over 17 years. I made friends on Gaire that I will keep in contact for a long time to come. :)

Gaire opened the world of online message boards and discussion forums to me, and I joined boards at the end of the same year. Gaire will be badly missed but the message boards had gotten very quiet in the past 7 years or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Go on Grem , PM and myself will have a cuppa with you thanks , and I'll share the popcorn!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sure i've a pot made now, ye can all partake :)

Jupiter i used to be on gaire at somepoint myself too but not as frequently online back then as now. That's a pity indeed..

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Horizontal on the sofa, listening to music on my headphones. Thoughtful...

Got some sad news - Gaire, the largest LGBT website and message boards in Ireland, is shutting down at the end of July after 21 years. :( I have been a regular poster on the Gaire message boards - and later a mod and then admin - since April 2004, that is over 17 years. I made friends on Gaire that I will keep in contact for a long time to come. :)

Gaire opened the world of online message boards and discussion forums to me, and I joined boards at the end of the same year. Gaire will be badly missed but the message boards had gotten very quiet in the past 7 years or so.

Sorry to hear that but great you made RL friends from the website and hopefully it was a huge support for many people over the years too.
    People really do find their own on these forums. I know I have in this little thread..even if myself and Leggie take the occasional swipe out of each other :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Little sleeping beauty :)

Today is a great day in the Wherer’s thread :)

Auto, that photo would melt the coldest of hearts, I hope Alfie is fully back to himself tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that but great you made RL friends from the website and hopefully it was a huge support for many people over the years too.
    People really do find their own on these forums. I know I have in this little thread..even if myself and Leggie take the occasional swipe out of each other :D
    The swipes are all good natured though, we share a similar sense of humour.

I fecking hope so anyway! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Auto, that photo would melt the coldest of hearts, I hope Alfie is fully back to himself tomorrow.

I'll be waiting for Auto to post first thing myself!.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We’re just back from an early morning stroll, he’s somewhat back to his little old self again :D

Bedside ready for a snooze

Brilliant, delighted to hear he's coming around, little fecker.. Happy napping Auto

• Advertisement

The one time I didn’t mind him waking me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Great to see the little fella back home.

Work time for me, skies are blue :)

Great news Auto!
    They're devils for picking stuff up, all that sniffing and licking everywhere outside.
    Glad to hear he's back to his normal self

I'm bored, also it's nice and sunny but windy, I hate that, can't even sit outside. I'm on the couch, all dressed up and considering going into town but my mojo is on the missing list as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm bored, also it's nice and sunny but windy, I hate that, can't even sit outside. I'm on the couch, all dressed up and considering going into town but my mojo is on the missing list as usual.

Great drying there! A full lone of washing flapping in the breeze always makes me feel like I've been really productive when all I've really done is fill then empty the machine and peg out the clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just back from my longest journey in 16months.
    106km from Clare to Fermoy to run up a hill for 30 minutes !!
    It was nice and warm, and a lovely friendly crowd.

Couchside now, Clare jersey on, cans chilling for the hurling match !!

Lovely day here too, I didn't run up a hill though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Lovely day here too, I didn't run up a hill though.

Kate Bush says booo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We went to Kilkenny Market this morning. Back around lunch time. Picked up some stuff to up cycle for the garden. Roast chicken dinner on the way. I sounded out the local out door pint spots. Still messy and at 5 quid a pint, I'll stick to my 20 quid slab in my garden and tunes of choice. Lovely sunshine and ice cold beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Night owl gal

Its a lovely day today here, bit too hot for me though so im out on the balcony. Watching the world go by.

• Advertisement

Sitting in bed pondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This guy appears to like his new TV room bed.

556990.jpeg

Trundling, heavy traffic

This was an old umbrella stand that we picked up at the market today. Some sanding and paint, it's full of peat moss now and ready for a plant.

GOPR0153.jpg

The window boxes out front are thriving too.:D

GOPR0154.jpg

GOPR0152.jpg

Our cat likes the flower we planted in the old beer bucket. On decent days it's the centre piece on the garden table.

GOPR0155.jpg

Still enjoying a cold beer, but indoors with tunes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Grandeeod wrote: »

Our cat likes the flower we planted in the old beer bucket. On decent days it's the centre piece on the garden table.

What's the centrepiece? The flower or the cat? :D

Seriously though, that looks amazing.

Chillin' in the People's Republic of Balconia here. Was in the city earlier, the place is buzzing!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Couchside with a Beer, Rockshore for a change
    Waiting for the game to start
    Auto, Hope Alfie is feeling better
    Hope everyone is ok:)
    Later all

That all look lovely, G, I love the upcycled umbrella stand!

Evening all :) Alfie is much better but is on medication for the next few day, he’s snoring his little head off now :D

Was that farmers market in Mountain View G?? If not you should visit it weekend :)

Mutt is looking great :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Evening all :) Alfie is much better but is on medication for the next few day, he’s snoring his little head off now :D

Was that farmers market in Mountain View G?? If not you should visit it weekend :)

Mutt is looking great :)

Nah Auto, the one out the Callan road. A massive sprawl of outdoor and indoor utter muck, but really great all the same.:D Where's this farmers market??

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Nah Auto, the one out the Callan road. A massive sprawl of outdoor and indoor utter muck, but really great all the same.:D Where's this farmers market??

Sounds more like a car boot!

Advertisement