Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

thomil wrote: »
    Tableside, exhausted and not a little defeated after today's announcement.

I was planning to right a slightly tongue-in-cheek blog post about the, err, "quality" of buskers in Cork city, but I'll have to see whether I can muster the energy for that.

@Night Owl: No shame in lying down and looking out for yourself. That happens far too little these days
    I presume you know there's a thread on here about them. There was a jazz band playing last week ont the corner of Princess street and Oliver Plunkett street , all young fellas and absolutely brilliant, problem is that very few people are carrying cash so I doubt they're making much, they were brilliant.

Still watching Vera here, drinking wine to combat the heat, tf I'm off tomorrow as I'm on a roll. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Duvet Day wrote: »
    I presume you know there's a thread on here about them. There was a jazz band playing last week ont the corner of Princess street and Oliver Plunkett street , all young fellas and absolutely brilliant, problem is that very few people are carrying cash so I doubt they're making much, they were brilliant.

What do you think inspired my blog post? :D To be honest though, "Albino Elvis", the "Debenhams Spoon Smackers", "What Bloody Song are we doing again?" and "Me vs. Puberty" all deserve to get a blog post all to themselves :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    What do you think inspired my blog post? :D To be honest though, "Albino Elvis", the "Debenhams Spoon Smackers", "What Bloody Song are we doing again?" and "Me vs. Puberty" all deserve to get a blog post all to themselves :)

And the opera singer. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Duvet Day wrote: »
    And the opera singer. ��

That's who I meant with Albino Elvis. I don't have the highest opinion of him, to put it mildly...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I won't cope with this heat tonight :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I was so surprised that Leggy was going to mow the lawn that I fell over Duvets mojo and I’m still not the better after it :D

I may a few prayers for you both ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    I was so surprised that Leggy was going to mow the lawn that I fell over Duvets mojo and I’m still not the better after it :D

Send my mojo back asap, I may be going on an unexpected trip tomorrow night, if I do I'll be close to limpy gimpy territory, will take notes and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Autosport wrote: »

Hate to say this but That looks like my mojo :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, lovely clear skies and I’m off to Italy for lunch, pizza or pasta, I can’t decide :)

Have both ;)

Morning all :) Happy Hump Day!!!!

Off to the coalface I go

• Advertisement

Grumble Grumble. I'd love a big fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sightseeing, looking for pyramids :)

In werk werk. I'm think I'll look up holiday ideas. Non essential travel is allowed from the 19th. I probably won't go anywhere but it's nice to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

On day 4 of a migraine that nothing will shift. I'm considering the usefulness of throwing a massive tantrum but I know that will most likely increase my discomfort so will most probably confine myself to sulks. Time to take some so far ineffective painkillers and hope for the best. Waaaaaah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Been a little quiet on here recently, ...found out from the hospital I was actually really lucky...break was worse than I thought...it's healing and I can move around without the crutch or boot if I want ..but it's painful and I've a long road back...at least 6 months which kind of caught me by surprise.
    My niece (she of the lipfillers) is back from Czech Rep after getting her ears pinned.
    And, I have noticed one of our regular posters has shut his account in the last week....and for once,it ain't me!
    I'm going to tayto park on Monday to ride the rollercoasters....so if ye hear of a fat bald Kerryman dying of a coronary, you'll know to laugh long and hearty

Been a little quiet on here recently, ...found out from the hospital I was actually really lucky...break was worse than I thought...it's healing and I can move around without the crutch or boot if I want ..but it's painful and I've a long road back...at least 6 months which kind of caught me by surprise.
    My niece (she of the lipfillers) is back from Czech Rep after getting her ears pinned.
    And, I have noticed one of our regular posters has shut his account in the last week....and for once,it ain't me!
    I'm going to tayto park on Monday to ride the rollercoasters....so if ye hear of a fat bald Kerryman dying of a coronary, you'll know to laugh long and hearty

It can’t be the smell as we’ve all had our yearly shower :(

Just back from the hairdressers, booked a cut and colour on a whim with a new salon, total waste of money, they didn't even use the straighteners on it. She knew I wasn't really happy with it as I was half heartedly saying it was grand, f*** it anyway, I want my money back lol. Their card machine wasn't working so I had to go to the garage for ATM ,bought a coffee to break the notes, worse coffee ever and I'm not fussy as I love all coffee, plus my fingers were sticking to the ATM and there was no sanitizer.

Tldr...****e hair do, dirty atm, awful coffee, I should have stayed in the bed.

DD, I'm the opposite of you re straighteners. The hairdresser always wants to run it over my hair and I never let her! Prefer my kinks (now now!) and frizz!

Vile ATMs. Long before Covid I've always thought they were a disease hazard.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    DD, I'm the opposite of you re straighteners. The hairdresser always wants to run it over my hair and I never let her! Prefer my kinks (now now!) and frizz!

Vile ATMs. Long before Covid I've always thought they were a disease hazard.

Oh I've plenty kinks and frizz too Sardi lol. Mine is so thick that I love the straightener at the hairdressers, I don't even use a hairdryer at home ,just let it dry and stick some styling product in it, it looks just like when I do it myself ( well, a little bit better in fairness), I feel cheated.

Can you see when someone closes their account if you're on your phone?

Heading off to meet my dad for coffee, my favourite person in the world, at least I'll have a laugh with him and no matter what I'll say he won't be offended, just as well because I'm like a briar today.

Oh I've plenty kinks and frizz too Sardi lol. Mine is so thick that I love the straightener at the hairdressers, I don't even use a hairdryer at home ,just let it dry and stick some styling product in it, it looks just like when I do it myself ( well, a little bit better in fairness), I feel cheated.

Heading off to meet my dad for coffee, my favourite person in the world, at least I'll have a laugh with him and no matter what I'll say he won't be offended, just as well because I'm like a briar today.

I'm the same. Brush it, comb it and stick a roller in my fringe (damned attractive look, that!) My arms would drop off me if I tried to blow dry it and the way the hormones are behaving, there's no way in hell I'm pointing hot air at my head! I know what you mean, though . When you've paid for a blow dry you want to look like your money's worth. Enjoy your time with your Daddio.

Who's left us now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

You will see "registered user" gone from under their name. "New Red" closed their account the other night not sure if there's someone else.

I'm the same. Brush it, comb it and stick a roller in my fringe (damned attractive look, that!) My arms would drop off me if I tried to blow dry it and the way the hormones are behaving, there's no way in hell I'm pointing hot air at my head! I know what you mean, though . When you've paid for a blow dry you want to look like your money's worth. Enjoy your time with your Daddio.

Who's left us now?

NewRed but I have a feeling he will be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's another scorcher here, I somehow didn't succumb to heat stroke after cutting the grass last night.

A bit of weeding later today and the place will look relatively civilised.

It's another scorcher here, I somehow didn't succumb to heat stroke after cutting the grass last night.

You should get a lawnmower man. No heatstroke for me!

You are being extremely productive Leg!
    I'm missing the sun because my office is like a cell but I did get a free samitch so now I have 2!
    That's 1 blt and 1 chicken and stuffing. Lovely bread. Yum yum.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I actually like the misery though! :p

Like in the film................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Garden...or lady garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Like in the film................

Mrs Robinson?
    Stop...you're giving me ideas....

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Mrs Robinson?
    Stop...you're giving me ideas....

Not Mrs Robinson but it may interest you all the same :p

Advertisement