Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Yep, the community is in danger of dismantling and drifting away if the site stays as is.

I can't see boards being happy with how the site is now running...and even with the promised upgrades....I cant see there being much of an improvement... The "hold tough, it'll get better" brigade have gotten less vociferous as I believe even they see it's a complete mess.

I live in hope more than expectation as they say

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m sick of all the ads on it tbh

morning all 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Morning all,

Kitchenside with a coffee, another muggy night

Hope everyone is ok, have a good day one and all

PS: The new site is appalling

Morning lads, deskside, nice and cool in here ,on my second coffee, finished today until Monday, tf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Morning all 🙂

Deskside, trying to get my mind into work mode. Coffee not helping so far. Not really cool here either...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,039 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm getting very frustrated with the new site too, it's not going to plan at all.

It feels like we're ships in the night rather than in here together.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I agree , it's very odd , just like random strangers dropping comments here and there instead of the comfortable homely feeling that was here before .

Coffee time here .

That's what's most concerning to me to be honest, the general shift in tone and seeming isolation in here over the last couple of days. Normally, you could always count on the Wherer's thread for some assorted madness, innuendo, shenanigans and other stuff at almost all times of the day. That seems to have fallen off completely, which is a bit disquieting to me.

That being said, the weather certainly has had an effect on many people and is likely keeping them away from here as well. Hell, I'd be on boards a lot less in this kind of heat if I actually had a social life... 😶

Oh, and I want Pacman back :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

In your end tho…

am I doing it right. 👀👀

Hopefully it'll settle back to a resemblance of what it was , and soon too!

Too warm for any shenanigans, although Purple Mountain has the pampas grass growing in her garden , no wonder she is quiet of late 😱😱 still being safe wearing her mask though 😷😷

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mater Private hospital, waiting room, had my bloods done and awaiting my CT angiogram at 1.30pm. Lovely aircon in here.

This is a routine test - had it done 5 years ago (when my drinking was still very very bad) and surprisingly all was well. Hoping for a similar result today.

My two older sisters and I get these tests because of a poor family history of heart disease - my dear late mum died of a sudden, no-warning massive heart attack when she was the age I am now (46) - and two short years later my dad had to have a triple bypass, aged 51.

Wish me luck!!

@bubbly - very sorry to hear about both your dad and your dear dog, Alfie. Sending cyber hugs and make sure you have time to grieve in your own way.

Fingers crossed for the all clear, Jupiter!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Fingers crossed Jupiter 😊

Patio side, enjoying the sun with my lunchtime sambo! I am really really liking this weather, it's just the change after the banality of the past year I think. Thinking about another coffee.. Also thinking about going blonde blonde. Hmmmmm, all kinds of important decisions to be made. My little ghosty-head avatar would need a blonde wig :pac:

It's starting to look a bit more familiar and homey in here. Take it handy all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Deskside with a nice glass of OJ and a towel on lap to wipe my brow.

JK, Hope everything goes ok at the hospital.

Don't get sun burnt all.

Laters

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm getting used to the place now. Feels too hot to even post though 🙄

There'd be plenty of that if you knew what the correct pronunciation of your name means in German 😏 🤐 😇 Seriously though, had a really good chuckle there!

@JupiterKid all available fingers are crossed over here

Things seem to be getting better in here slowly alright. Sweltering in my home office waiting for 6pm to roll around...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@Mam of 4 the pampas even died in the heat so ye filth bags will never find my house now 😈

To thine own self be true

Ah no 😱

Will you put a large fishbowl for the keys on the wall instead please , so we can find you 🙌🙌

I remember when I registered here first fado fado, took near a year for me to find my way through properly and get talking to people..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Mrs Happy is away so I am doing some solo parenting and the work from home thing. I don't know how people can do this all the time - heros.

@thomil you have to tell us what Loughc means in German!

@Purple Mountain I can't believe you let the pampas grass die, this will really delay our swingers party. 😔😪😭

Setting the "C" aside, lough is basically pronounced like the German word Loch, which means hole. I'll leave it to your esteemed imagination to work out the rest 😉

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my hands on a waterproof laptop, so I can work under a cold shower for a while my home office is slowly turning into an oven...

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭3d4life

Once again, a bathtub turns out to be more useful than a shower

So ... what you're saying is that @Loughc means asshole?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 That's me amused everything I see him post! "What's the asshole saying now?"

*I don't think you're an asshole, Loughc!*

For the record, those are your words not mine. I won't be going down that rabbit hole...

Besides, @Loughc is too nice of a poster to deserve that kind of epithet.

On a completely different note, anyone know why a Garda helicopter was snooping around Ballincollig just a few minutes ago? Didn't hear anything about any pampas grass being planted around here lately...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

The humidity is unbearable here today. Even with the fan on I'm too hot!

Post edited by Sardonicat on

Ha same here , I stayed in Reality TV for over two years , was petrified to post in AH 🙈🙈

I don't think Loughc is an asshole though, it's just funny how perfectly innocent words or names can mean something completely different in another language.

Apologies to all if I've brought the tone down. 😳

• Advertisement

Bringing the tone down would imply that the tone in here was ever "up" in the first place 🤪

Nah, don't worry, I was just trying to reply in kind, meaning joking. I know you don't think that way. Should have added some emojis to emphasise the tongue-in-cheek nature of my post.😳

I blame the heat. That's my story and I'm sticking with it! 😇

Advertisement