Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Hope you are all keeping well :) Alfie is going to visit his cousins today :D

Happy Monday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

kowloon wrote: »
    You need a good quality trenchcoat so you can lunge at people in the park.

Ah don't tell me she's back at that again??!!

Yeah they kept her trench coat last time after they released her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mongolia.

That's within by restrictions limit.

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Home office, deskside, busy working away.

Went outside for a smoke a little while ago and saw the first wasp of the year. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

NewRed2 wrote: »
    Ah don't tell me she's back at that again??!!

Yeah they kept her trench coat last time after they released her.

I shall not be thwarted!

Cold, miserable Monday here so meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Work time for me and not a cloud in the sky :):) I like days like this, should get back around sunrise.

I have about 4 trench coats in my place, can I join the weirdo clan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

@smurfjed: I have some clouds to share here, in case you need any ;)

Deskside at "work", waiting for this day to be over. My stomach seems to be tying itself into knots...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I shall not be thwarted!

Cold, miserable Monday here so meh.

Things will get back to normal, and you'll have a short window where people will have forgotten what your face looks like without a mask. This window will be where the crimes live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had an exciting day.:D Made some burgers. Big 6oz jobs. Then I took the car to the garage for some bulb changes. On my return I served up those burgers on seeded brioche buns to the girls with skinny fries. Gonna have mine later with skin on fries and a garlic mayo dip. Currently watching the "original" Total Recall because soaps drain the soul unless its Fair City. That crap is worthy of an experience in all that is wrong with RTE.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just discovered that my cat likes feta cheese. Little weirdo.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Reckon if Smurf can get the trenchcoat ones among us to ULN then he could not just join but Lead the posse :)
    ( Seems UB is considered the worlds coldest capital, so might be a good idea to bring all your trenchcoats )

The bright spot of my day was getting to Aldi before they sold out of avocados :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Home office, deskside, busy working away.

Went outside for a smoke a little while ago and saw the first wasp of the year. :pac:

My first was hearing a cuckoo today :)

Evening all :) The rain has started here and I’m not long home from my sisters and Alfie got to meet his cousins who he actually got on great with :) A great day was had and I even bought a car An Opel Astra :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I'm a bit cuckoo, too.

I just discovered that my cat likes feta cheese. Little weirdo.

I've had a cheese and onion crisp eating cat and a cake cat, but the only foods they unite behind are chicken and ham.

• Advertisement

Hope the interview went well 4Ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I've had a cheese and onion crisp eating cat and a cake cat, but the only foods they unite behind are chicken and ham.

Most cats I've come across love cheese. Gilbert is a cake cat, the first I've ever encountered. My friend had a cat who loved original Pringles and frequently got her face stuck in the tube (the cat, not my friend)

I was making a salad for my lunch for work and she was under my feet staring up at me meowing.
    The only thing I thought she might be remotely interested in was the feta so I tossed a piece down.
    Hungry chops wolfed it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Most cats I've come across love cheese. Gilbert is a cake cat, the first I've ever encountered. My friend had a cat who loved original Pringles and frequently got her face stuck in the tube (the cat, not my friend)

😂

Some dinner now and on to Lock up with Sylvester Stallone. Up early for Belfast in the morning. Road trip! And with paper work. Woo Hoo!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Quietly hoofing it to market. Don't want to cause a fuss. Laters.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Zot Fathom :)

Deskside, tunes, tae shortly if anyone wants something from kitchen

Zot Fathom :) Deskside, tunes, tae shortly if anyone wants something from kitchen
    One good ZOT deserves another Grem. ZOT!! Have any shepherd's pie? Off I go. Laters.

Yippee or boooooo, depending on which way I want to look at it, work cancelled so back in the hotel :):)

Was kinda cheeky on the drive to the airport, we stopped for a Starbucks and I picked up my first Shake Shack frozen custard, never knew it even existed. It was like frozen yoghurt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

You just dodged a night job ?

That must be a 5-star Yippee ! :)

Plenty of time for Trench cost wearing then ;);

I'm interested in this custard/frozen yoghurt concoction, sounds like it could be amaze.

Night all or Morning all :)

Afternoon really here, thinking about lunch!

Taco tuesday has fallen on 4/20, suddenly all the el paso kits on sale last week make sense!

• Advertisement

Morning all :) Are we having tacos today so Grem ;) I’ll pop the kettle on :)

The boss has decided he wants a walkies now in the rain :D He’s so lucky I adore him :D

@Grem
    Don’t call it ice cream: our dense, rich, and creamy frozen custard is the real deal—and we spin it fresh daily at the Shack!

Our vanilla and chocolate recipes only use real sugar (no high-fructose corn syrup), cage-free eggs, and milk from dairy farmers who pledge not to use artificial growth hormones.

Only 500 calories a cup :):)

550772.jpeg

Oh dear god :eek: I want one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Grem

550772.jpeg

Now that is not kind to an islandbound- er who has not tasted ice cream for at least two years...

Someone was telling me that the tinned condensed milk when frozen IS ice- cream...

@Grem

IMG

Just so we're on the same page here: The hole, that was created by eating, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Boycat has a very sweet tooth and is a total thief. I was once doing mayonnaise eggs with the window open and in came this stealthy paw...

And trifle or cake! Never leave them around..

Cheese? yum? Well at nearly 17 as he is I rejoice in his love of food,

Going under the bedclothes for the day and night now; feeling really ….. yukk… yukkkie

Stay safe and away from the c thing... YOU know. Blessings and peace

@kowloon..... LOL no idea, it’s their promotion photo :):)

Graces7 wrote: »
    Boycat has a very sweet tooth and is a total thief. I was once doing mayonnaise eggs with the window open and in came this stealthy paw...

And trifle or cake! Never leave them around..

Cheese? yum? Well at nearly 17 as he is I rejoice in his love of food,

Going under the bedclothes for the day and night now; feeling really ….. yukk… yukkkie

Stay safe and away from the c thing... YOU know. Blessings and peace

You're back! :)

Dentist waiting room, shaking like a leaf, I'd love a full anaesthetic right now.

• Advertisement

Just back from Belfast. One fecker of a day trip from where I am. Tired.

How’s your dad doing ?

How’s your dad doing ?

Pre Op today. Operation in 11 days.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilled in a post-yoga class bliss, very relaxed, watching a recording of an episode of Sex and The City On The TV. :) Will flick over to the news afterwards.

Wishing your dad well as he gets prepped for his surgery, Grandeeod.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Pre Op today. Operation in 11 days.
    Best wishes Grandeeod.

Exhausted, life seems to be taking more out of me than usual. I believe a custard pot might restore me, hint hint!.

• Advertisement

Exhausted, life seems to be taking more out of me than usual. I believe a custard pot might restore me, hint hint!.
    Passes custard pot for Grem donations. :D

I'm a jack of all trades this evening. Looked after my Dad today. I was settling down towards the leaba earlier when Mrs G headed to it.:D So me and Ms G just had a real chew the fat at the kitchen table moment and set ourselves up for this Friday night to talk about life, Star Wars, Art, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future and why the World is in a mess. This is genuinely priceless stuff. It's a school night and I'm on duty in the morning. Makes life worth living in these crap times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm a jack of all trades this evening. Looked after my Dad today. I was settling down towards the leaba earlier when Mrs G headed to it.:D So me and Ms G just had a real chew the fat at the kitchen table moment and set ourselves up for this Friday night to talk about life, Star Wars, Art, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future and why the World is in a mess. This is genuinely priceless stuff. It's a school night and I'm on duty in the morning. Makes life worth living in these crap times.

These are the things that make our lives worthwhile, aren't they G?
    Friday night will be quality time , enjoy , and best wishes to your father for his upcoming surgery :)

Trying to figure out if I'm just getting lazy here or just getting old and tired , probably a combination of all three :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    These are the things that make our lives worthwhile, aren't they G?
    Friday night will be quality time , enjoy , and best wishes to your father for his upcoming surgery :)

Trying to figure out if I'm just getting lazy here or just getting old and tired , probably a combination of all three :pac:

My eyes are burning with tiredness Mam. I'm so out of practice the last 12 odd months. There was a time I'd do these drives and work at the same time. Despite being tired I really feel great that my Dad is in good spirits and Ms G got the chance to have a chat with me. It's been tough for her. A difficult school year trying to mange starting secondary amid all this covid thing. She just needed her Dad tonight.

Got called to work this morning just after sunrise, so beautiful clear skies.

My home city and where we normally take the mutt swimming.
    550863.jpeg

Will be the Worlds tallest building by the time it’s finished. Over 1000 meters high, the original plan was 1852 meters, but that changed :)
    550864.jpeg

• Advertisement
Advertisement