Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

I'm sorry for your loss Night Owl. I remember your gran had an amazing milestone birthday a while back.

Like Grem said don't hold back the tears.

I'm "up North". It's a tale of two halves in this little town. One pub is like heaven on earth in It's pre Covid-ness. People sitting at the bar, loud music and even a DJ for the night.

Then you go in to the chippers and we have to go back outside and ring them with order and they will call us back in.

Also there isn't a shop to be found past 6pm on a Sunday.

It's nice all the same though 😊

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's a funny ould world. I still can't get over putting on a mask to go INTO the bank

It is Grem. Can't even do a bit of robbing! 😆

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement

How do i still have another night to do?? 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a nice evening watching "Ralph Breaks the Internet" on Disney Plus with the OH. I ended up having a really nice sleep afterwards until 5.10am came and I had to get up feeling like a total and utter zombie. Just sitting in the lobby area at the moment of where I work after devouring half a chicken fillet wrap, a banana and a flat white coffee, still feeling totally zoned out 😵

Quick trip home this morning. Small mercies eh?. Cuppa and bed in short order.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, getting started up for another work week...

On the plus side, I finally booked flights to Holland to see my big sister and her family. Haven't seen her in 2.5 years thanks to Covid. Really really looking forward. OH is in good form, feeling a lot better than he did on Friday when he had that health scare. Was pampering him all weekend!

Deskside, trying to source a smidgen of motivation 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I feel that fossilised might be more appropriate 😆

😂😂😂

First day today with the new Iphone and its bigger than the old one. First day also with new work trousers which have slightly shallower pockets than normal. No biggie but add them up and you had a Monday morning with phone exiting pocket prior to exiting the house and dipstick me driving all the way to Dublin for work and then none of my customers able to ring me.

So then you make the call (pun intended) do I stay and work or go home for the phone but it's bad either way really. So I decided to stay. Within minutes I had massive sheet going wrong with a machine and lost an hour with it jammed.

So I got that sorted and decided to de-stress with a sarnie in the canteen and checked my BOI 365 thingy as normal but they locked my account despite it being the correct pin for sure. So then I'm on to them and 25 minutes on hold and she tells me "Oh yeah that can happen". So I'm asking why, why when its the right Pin? And shes saying ah well, it happens and I'm thinking why did I get out of bed today?

So I'm all p!ssed off and one of those days so I head home to find my phone and I get home and find it and decide screw this I'm tipping down the road for a few craft beers and I'm leaving and my dog starts whining to come with me so i bring her and I let her in the passenger door and I go to open the gates and when I look around there she is, the white fluffy head on her with two paws up on the steering wheel and the big eyes looking back at me. Like she's driving my van now 😂 I hadn't got the phone out quick enough but it was different gravy. So I started laughing and the stupid crap from the rest of the day just melted away.

People can let you down. A dog can pick you up.

Dogs, worth their weight in gold and more!.

Cross face here.

I bought these beauties for a wedding I'm going to next month and I love them. Alas they are a bit too tight around the middle. Google tells me leather shoes can be stretched.

Has anyone here ever tried to stretch shoes?

Can you wear them and break them in? What size are they? I have big hooves 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

As someone who has long but wide feet, I feel your pain.

You can buy wooden shoe stretchers and leave them in for a few days.

Alternatively, take them to a cobbler (if you can find one in existence!) and they could do same for you.

Another tip I've heard but never tried is to very lightly dampen newspaper and stuff them into the shoes and leave them in the hotness for a few days.

I hope everyone else is well 😘

To thine own self be true

Cobbler locally?

If not you can probably cobble together something yourself, i'll go look

https://www.for-sale.ie/shoe-stretcher

They are a size 5. I also bought them in a 6 but they are too big. 5.5 is what I need but they don't stock them.

Google does have loads of tips, everything from sticking them in a freezer to bringing them to a cobbler. It's a bit risky though because of it doesn't work I'm stuck with a pair of shoes I can't wear.

It would also be like taking the price of them and throwing that money in the bin 😬

• Advertisement

Cobbler shouldn't be risky at all.

Auto Cobbler Sport is my name 😂😂

But Grem if he makes a hames of them I won't be able to return and I only have 15 days to do so.

I have to make a decision. Cobbler or return.

If you return you have no shoes and less time to find some?? I don't know i don't really get into these quandries 🙄

Two weeks now , christ it went fast...! So happy for you! I'm staying a feckin million miles away from the whole shoe advice thing. But I'm very happy for you and your big day. You're one of the good ones Diam. Oh PS - I have some flip-flops here only worn twice, if you need me I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Lol, I think it's not her own wedding, Red.

Jeez Diamonds, take them back if that's still a possibility! I assumed you were out of return time.

For the sake of taking a risk and worrying about it, just return them. You'll get something that fits like a glove.

To thine own self be true

:D Its not my wedding day Red. Those shoes are a whole other drama. Gas thing is I never ever wear fancy shoes.

But thank you x and shure I might need to take those flip flops off your hands 😆

PM I think they have to go back. Silly hobbit feet. Himself said "They are for French feet. You need shoes for hardy Irish feet". Indeed 😛

Haha, my feet are like spades, it's lucky i'm not into haute couture!

Ah hang on a second here.............. It's not even your wedding??? And all this about shoes?

Look, I have gone to weddings, no idea what shoes I wore. If its a good wedding you wont have any shoes on at all by the end of it and nobody will be looking at your feet thinking, are they 5mm too wide.

I mean, for a minute there I thought it was your own wedding so I could understand. But no, as much as I love you Diams I think I'm going back to the flip flop advice.

Or get a really long dress. If the dress is long enough then nobody even knows you have feet!!! You see women at these weddings all the time, looking like floating footless cakes on legs.

I have been helpful now haven't I? Go on, People feel free to ask me for more fashion tips like these!!! I am the Gok Wan of Boards baby!!!

(was that his name?)

• Advertisement

Nearly sure that was his name

Advertisement