Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ah it won't be build the ark bad!

I fooking hope not!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

From Tuesday on, there's supposed to be 10 days of rain so it's good for forest fires but bad for sunworshipers. :(

No !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

From Tuesday on, there's supposed to be 10 days of rain so it's good for forest fires but bad for sunworshipers. :(

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's so beautiful up there isn't it , a perfect peaceful getaway , until the above in your post happens!
    It's just dangerous for everyone , twice last year injured people had to be airlifted out as the ambulances couldn't get through on the road .
    Anyhow, Costa del Home is always good when the sun shines!!

A fabulous place that you can escape in Mam. It's both appreciated and abused at the same time, but mainly appreciated. The sunny days draw in the arseholes, sometimes. I've been hiking in mountain ranges since I was 14 and seen lots of stupid stuff, but today was an eye opener. It reminded me of the Wicklow Mountains. A nice place to drive through if that's what you wanna do. But if you have no clue about the place, then acting the bollix like blocking driveways and falling into loughs and rivers and expecting rescue services to pick you up because you haven't a clue is utter scutter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nearly time to get the fcuk out of here, full moon in full blast here..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning :)

Deskside, trying to wake up. Guess that full moon did have an effect over here as well.

On an unrelated note, where's all that fur in my place coming from all of a sudden? :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It was a really large and beautiful full moon this morning. Got called to work at 0230, so caught it just before the sunrise.

What’s the deal in Ireland these days? How far are you allowed venture from your home ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, coalface, looking forward to lunch at 1.30pm and a quick walk in the glorious sunshine.

Then an appointment with my consultant up in the hospital at 3pm. Pretty routine (I meet him once a year) but hoping all will be well.

smurfjed wrote: »
    It was a really large and beautiful full moon this morning. Got called to work at 0230, so caught it just before the sunrise.

What’s the deal in Ireland these days? How far are you allowed venture from your home ?

You can break free anywhere within your own county or a 20km radius!
    If you go further, the ankle bracelets start beeping.

Anyone else receive a notification that you received a Private Message but when you check there’s none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Delayed notifications have been causing The Hamsters grief for some time now.
    I got a notification yesterday for a post that had been made last Monday :D

( https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058177267 )

I'm in d'office.

A Totally Grand Day out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm awake noooooo

In the Outpatients Dept at Blanchardstown hospital, waiting to be called to see my consultant.

Stunning sunshine and warm weather out there today. :)

Good luck, hope no issues.

Massive full moon heading your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

smurfjed wrote: »
    Massive full moon heading your way.

Pull your pants up and just fly the plane!

That made me laugh :D

Out and about with the OH for a drive out to Malahide and Howth. Sure why not? :)

All good with consultant earlier. My bloods are excellent- continual improvements over the past 5 years - he just wants one more set of tests in October and then he'll be discharging me. :D

*Proceeds to wipe coffee from his screen and keyboard*

I should know better than to drink coffee while reading this thread :rolleyes:

:D

Trundling to the coalface, moooooooon night.

• Advertisement

Awooooooo! ;)

Full moon :) or is it a Smurf Moon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Autosport wrote: »
    Full moon :) or is it a Smurf Moon :D

Not a Smurf Blue Moon until August :)

Home.
    That is all.

Not a Smurf Blue Moon until August :)

Home.
    That is all.

It might be a bit pink with the sunburn and all ;):D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Howl at the pink moon. Whole new perspective here.

We shall see the (w)hole of the moon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Where are we going? Double entendres!

I'll give you one? :pac:

An interesting day folks. Ms G is infected with hay fever. Eyes like slides. Bought pills and a band and kept her out of school and indoors. Same again tomorrow. Even the cat is banned from her room. Thankfully the weather changes tomorrow and the pollen count will drop. Me and Mrs G headed out to get a few bits and bobs as a Monday morning is dead in places like Home Base. Spotted a chap power hosing nearby. Asked him to come have a look at the gaff. So we bought paint and got the base of the house hosed. Ready for painting once the weather improves. The amount of crap that came off.:eek: Looking forward to finishing off outdoor things and hopefully getting some weather to really enjoy it. This has to the earliest and most organized we have ever been in terms of outdoor stuff.:D

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    An interesting day folks. Ms G is infected with hay fever. Eyes like slides.
    Wishing her well.

Hayfever, dreading it.. Sending best wishes to Ms G. Mask wearing on bus to and from work, the thoughts :eek:

We have spring tree pollen from a massive nearby forest.

I tend to get it later in the year from plants i haven't managed to locate :confused: Few showers tomorrow, hopefully calm the effects

We get 43 inches rain average per year. How's Ireland where you live? More? Less?

We are about the same, smidge more iirc..

• Advertisement

Fathom wrote: »
    Wishing her well.
    Hayfever, dreading it.. Sending best wishes to Ms G. Mask wearing on bus to and from work, the thoughts :eek:

Cheers! Living in the stix presents these problems. It was only two years ago that she really got it. But we have a big lawn, loads of grass cutting and managed for nature bits. No surprise she gets hit bad. Some dose, but she's looking forward to rain and a moderating pollen count.

I feel Ms G’s pain, hay fever is a pain, last weekend was the worst :(

Autosport wrote: »
    I feel Ms G’s pain, hay fever is a pain, last weekend was the worst :(

I feel so sorry for her. Just hoping she sleeps tonight. As for school, feck it! It's been a crazy year anyway. On duty.:)

Alone at the kitchen table eating strawberry cheesecake and watching the hand that rocks the cradle. All quiet upstairs.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Alone at the kitchen table eating strawberry cheesecake and watching the hand that rocks the cradle. All quiet upstairs.

Oh good :) Hopefully sleep so.. I had mango cheesecake earlier, delish

• Advertisement

I must get a lemon cheesecake at the weekend, even the pack of two mini zesty! ones in Dunne Stores will do me

I must get a lemon cheesecake at the weekend, even the pack of two mini zesty! ones in Dunne Stores will do me

Get 2, treat yourself :)

Now I want cake :D

Awwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooo Tooooooooooooooooooooooooosday

Does anyone else think there is often too little of the biscuit base in cheese cake?
    I'd like a 50-50 split of base and cheese.

I love the biscuit base too and agree. Hmm, wonder if i can convince the OH to make another biscuit cake soon....

Does anyone else think there is often too little of the biscuit base in cheese cake?
    I'd like a 50-50 split of base and cheese.

That'd be perfect I agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Gooooood Mornin After Ouuuurs!
    tenor.gif

Wake up, wake up, wake up!
    giphy.gif

HAPPY TUESDAY WHERERS :pac:

Haha that's better than a coffee for the daycrawlers here!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning DB nice to see you pop in.

I’m having my porridge and contemplating the meaning of life.
    My manger's job is currently being advertised and I’m not sure I want to apply, have enough going on, find it hard enough managing the people I do have without taking on more, work hard enough as it is, I already worry about work and find it hard to switch off, but part of me is worried about the person who may get it if I don’t give them a run for their money.
    All I want to do is eat cake and travel when we can :pac:

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Gooooood Mornin After Ouuuurs!
    tenor.gif

Wake up, wake up, wake up!
    giphy.gif

HAPPY TUESDAY WHERERS :pac:

I need that. I slept in this morning. Got ready in record speed :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement