Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In the coalface looking out at the fog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

In town for a few hours......not a happy chappie.....bloody hate shopping......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah E, Coffee on the go, husband asleep. I'll be there in 10 xxx 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Chancer 😋

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work time again. Tired still after an unexpectedly long Friday but small problems really, hope all here are well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

All well Grem. Sorry for the work trundle again. Will you have Christmas off?

@cj maxx Mr E got up for a while but back to bed again. I hope he is just tired. Coffee still on the go including a nice festive brew.

@Autosport does Alfie have a Christmas outfit?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Elyvande I don't ever have it off not that I mind tbh. Town looks crazy tonight, glad to not be part of it..

I say there will be some sore heads tomorrow Grem. People seem to be packing in their celebrations to the one night tonight. Mind yourself there..

Yeah it's got that feel about it alright. I'm far away from that particular madness though.. Have to say what's going on with a company locally is worrying.. No info forthcoming is the concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Had the same experience yesterday when I was in Cork. People were already sh*tfaced at 6 PM.

Anyway, Homeside now and finally in the Christmas mood. I have all the food I need in my fridge and pantry.

Now sofa side with a few spiced cookies and a coffee, all four candles on my advent wreath are lit. I'm definitely in the mood now 😀

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The UK are expecting an announcement tomorrow. I was chatting to my friend who lives there yesterday. She saw lots of cars outside houses yesterday and people carrying in presents, in anticipation of being jailed tomorrow with restrictions.

So it seems this weekend is party central in many places.

To thine own self be true

I'm going to try and grab the last few bits after work tomorrow, hopefully get most of food shop done Wednesday and grab the last few fresh bits early Christmas Eve. I really just can't wait to finish work on Tuesday,going to chill out and it will all just fall into place, hopefully.

Heading to the leaba. Work tomorrow. I just miss the informal relaxed coffees with friends and colleagues - nothing wild. I found myself looking at rug making kits online - someone please stop me!!

And I'm here thinking that sounds nice...we're fecked Elyvane. ☺️😄

I'd say some fun had clearing pubs tonight.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling in front of the TV, watching Love Actually with my OH. It’s better than I remembered from the last time I watched it.

Also found that I missed three people on my card list so,will have to do a final post out tomorrow. 🎄☃️🎄☃️💕

off to the leaba shortly as work beckons tomorrow.

’Night all! 😴 🛏

Night night to ye both, and to everyone mind the potential fog in the morning. Already very bed here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

All fine here, I think the last time I was on here we were "close contact" of Covid, but all was fine after going for the test, so much so we haven't been in contact with anyone since, both working from home, we get the shopping delivered, any family or friends we talk to them through the window, both got our booster shot now also, keeping ourselves safe

I have this odd feeling that it's inevitable I get covid now. Going to be looking for booster during week..

I always thought rug making kits were something you did in January after a wild, wild Christmas when you and your bank account were fecked. Ah well..

@Gremlinertia I hope you get your booster. I got mine on Friday.

Currently deskside - nearly there folks…. Take care out there.

• Advertisement

Well I'll be inquiring in gp and local chemists tomorrow

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, trying to clear my desk of things to tie up and get finished off ahead of the Christmas break.

Work I'll be taking home for Christmas includes a paper I'm co-authoring that needs editing down the word count in order to get accepted for peer-reviewed publication. Always the same!!

Also heading out into town after I finish here to do some late Christmas shopping.

And away to work again.

Homeside. The first of two company Christmas gifts just arrived today. The second one is still dawdling around in Francev thanks to the "wonderful" workings of UPS. And to think that those guys were once industry leaders...

Ooh pressies though

I know, right? This company drives me up the wall sometimes, but they definitely try to take care of their staff. Oh, and those are just the gifts from HQ, the ones from one of the regional sales teams I work with arrived last week. My liver hasn't quite recovered from that yet 😜🙃🍹

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Fcuk me I got the moderna booster yesterday and I’m as sick as a small hospital. And to compound matters the kids are close contacts from school. Christmas just turned into damage limitation.

Our company wouldn't give us the steam off their piss as the saying goes..

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. One of the first companies I worked for back in Germany tried to charge us for tap water! Labour court tore them a new one, but yeah, that set the tone for the following years...

• Advertisement

You got a T shirt? 🤣

Advertisement