Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Salthill back in the day, wish i'd been there for it..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside horizontal, watching a film on Netflix with the OH.

Will be an early night for a Saturday night as my OH’s dear mum’s first anniversary mass is tomorrow morning over on the other side of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,880 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I started watching a film ' Momento ' . Then remembered I had wasted time watching it years ago. Switched channels quickly.

Sitting watching boxing and playing lingo on my phone as I kill time before the cup final. I'm a child at heart as I look forward to Liverpool winning a cup. 😀

Oh weekend in the country nearly over for me, back to the smoke and work early tomorrow morning. Sigh 😞

• Advertisement

So the virus finally got me, after all the vaccinations, the booster and being super adherent to protection measures over the past two years with masks, hand sanitisers, hand washing etc. 😢😒

Felt a bad head cold coming on last night and took an antigen test this morning. I have Covid. OH has no symptoms and has tested negative but had to cancel going to his mother’s anniversary mass.

Will have to book a PCR test and will self-isolate at home for 7 days. No breathing issues or loss of smell/taste thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Feck, sorry to hear that JK. But I’m glad that you managed to attend your doctors appointment before having to isolate.

I watched it all @Princess Calla , bit weird but I liked it, maybe watch it all some day you're not in the mood for anything too complicated.

Glenroes are kicking in here after a lovely weekend, few drinks Friday night, hair done yesterday and a bit of browsing but didn't buy anything, a picnic and a trip to the coast today, feeling very relaxed now,that will probably change after about 30 mins in work in the morning.

Mind yourself JK, hope your symptoms will be mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not in the mood for anything complicated is my permanent state of being 🤣🤣

I won't delete just yet. 🙂

Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bugger JK but glad you got lumpy sorted out first. Hopefully it's a mild dose and you get to rest the mentals as work seemed crazy busy for you recently

As for me I hear ye ask? Work trundle quel suprise 🙄

• Advertisement

Omg, enjoy the free week off!

I'm ripping, spent the whole two years of covid at work, no staying home for front line workers.....watched everyone I worked with get covid.....the days I wasn't working that close with them.......Never even got close contact leave😭😭

I know I'll get it in the summer when I'll have to go ordinary sick form work 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Keep well @JupiterKid Use the week to rest and recuperate.

I have the fear tonight. Had a lovely weekend, don't want it to end.

Watching Fair City here. Paul Brennan's house has some clump of pampas grass at the gate, the dirty stallion.

To thine own self be true

Hah i think it's no accident paul has the pampas grass 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hide and seek champion 22 😄😄

Hope you don’t feel too bad JK 👍

Hahahahaha ear like a shark fin!

Time to see who has been brushing their teeth over lockdown 😉😀

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’m still wearing the masks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was in Aldi earlier and about 75% were wearing them. Young and old. The ones not wearing them were younger demographic.

I'm ancient so kept mine on 🤣

• Advertisement

I was just in Dunnes, I'd say 75% wearing them also, I wore mine also but it's a habit at this stage. Guess what they're sell over there...big fake pampas, a woman had one in here trolley, I thought of ye all when I saw it 😂.

Le trundle of course, how are ye?.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Did you ever get a cut from a pampas blade? 😲

That's why she's going fake! 😄

To thine own self be true

Just got my new Motorhead mask from the slow boat from China. Will be breaking in over the coming days.I'm planning on going back home soon so can't be too careful.Been too long.

Bedside here, thanking you all for the well wishes over my latest health issue. 👍👍🥰💕

Jeez, I’m using up a lot of goodwill lately what with my mental health crisis last Autumn, cancer scare earlier this month and now Covid...

OH took me for my PCR test at DCU test centre this morning. I was the only one there and was in and out very quickly. I know that the wait for results from PCR can take up to 48 hours but last time I was tested, 5 weeks ago, in Croke Park at 8.30am in the morning they texted me back with my negative result that late afternoon. So wondering if I will hear back tomorrow - hopefully.

Also being looked after by my dear OH, he cooked a lovely dinner but to be safe (he’s still negative) we sat at opposite ends of the dining table. 😁

Hope to do a bit of art tomorrow if I’m feeling up to it. 🖼

Good to hear from you Jupiter, mind yourself well..

Deskside ruminating

Happy to hear your ok on all fronts. And you have good people looking after you, thats what matters.

After watching Rise of the Nazis ,followed by the Moor Murderers. I need to put on Trolls or something for a pick me up!

• Advertisement

I was reading your post. OH cooked dinner and to be safe.........

I thought you were going to say he didn't eat any !! 😀😀

Never jump to conclusions .

Advertisement