Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Spent the day with my two favourite little people, will be in good form for the week 😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's like herding cats in here tonight, grr argh and fml 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just back from an epic evening in a mountain village taverna where we 11 of us ate like an Albanian version of tapas. Loads of dishes of some delicious food. Unreal. An American friend brought a bucket of Sangria and we all got nicely drunk too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sounds amaaaaaaaaaazing, now off to look up Albanian tapas 😉

I hope you had shopska salad witchie!

Loved it ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A well earned night out with Mrs G last night. Food and drink. Some retail therapy today in Dunnes. Enjoying it while we have it. Although a school night Mrs G had a couple of glasses of vino. A few beers for me. Gonna stick on some spring rolls with sweet chilli sauce for a snack. I have some strawberry cheese cake for afters. The world has gone mad. I reckon we should all go mad with it.

Sticking on a double bill of Threads and The Day After. Could be instruction videos at this point.😁 Stay cool all and live life to the absolute fullest. We are here for a good time, not a long time. I am totally done with depressing drama. Reality is the way forward!

Work stress traded directly for home stress, eh gimme a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

For you Grem

Oh I'd love a snuggle with that kitty now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Not sure they would be called tapas now, but there were loads of little dishes of salads, pickled vegetables, dolmus (cabbage leaves stuffed with meat), garlic mash, a wedges type thing, feta cheese, bread toasted with olive oil and then loads of meats that I didn't go near. Was family style with the dishes all spread along the big table and the gang of us sampling everything.

As for Shopska, not sure they do that here but it looks good. The salad was a kinda chopped salad affair with cabbage, carrots, lettuce, olives etc so close!

Didn't sleep well last night from overindulging in such fine fare so am on extra caffeine rations today to try get my work done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, busy trying to get up to speed after being out sick with Covid last week.

Thankfully no classes to give today but plenty between tomorrow and Friday.

I have never been so cold in my life, absolutely frozen all day.🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,162 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Today was the kind of day where the cold would get into your bones.

To thine own self be true

Weather poxy warnings tonight, get snug if ye can people..

Getting ready for work now, coffee for once 😮😂

A warm pub on a cold Monday. This experience may be short lived when one looks at the cost of fuel and electricity. Not to mention incoming price increases in other items.

^ So jealous!

As we call it round these parts.

Monday Club.

🤣🤣🤣

Ah i used to be in a kind of monday club many moons agon, usually mild enough but sometimes it could descend into mayhem, totally unplanned, memories

It's all old boys round these part in the Monday Club although a lot of them have passed away in recent years.

If you're not an old boy and you're out with the Monday Club, then you're labelled as having a graw for the drink.

I could never drink on a Sunday night, never mind a Monday 😄

Our crowd was the bar, door, takeaway, taxi etc staff that would be working fri, sat and sun

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mmm that's a nice looking pint G, what is it ?

Deskside I should be in bed but I don't wanna go!

*stamps foot*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside here, have a very busy day ahead tomorrow with classes but finding it hard to sleep.

Methinks it might be time for another cull of my so-called Facebook “friends”... I made a post this evening about how things might be difficult here with spiraling gas, fuel and electricity prices/bills, but that it paled in comparison to the situation in Ukraine, where people are fighting for their very lives.

Someone then felt the need to attack my post saying that they could care less about Ukraine and that it was rich of me to moralise in my “cushy” situation while people were struggling here. Then others leapt to my defence. I’ve no problem having anyone disagreeing with my views - debate is good - but that was just plain nasty. 😓

I increasingly see the wisdom of my OH not being on social media at all - not just that he’s a relatively private person, but he feels that social media exposes one to so much toxicity and bitterness on the internet which is vey bad for mental well-being.

And as we all know, there is more than enough of that on many of the threads here on Boards too.

Night all! 🙂💤

As an old saying goes, can't do right for doing wrong. There truly is no pleasing all of the people all of the time 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Had the opportunity to visit a Defence Show yesterday as a guest. Some really amazing technology and I was incredibly impressed with the drone technology. Guns bullets missiles aren’t my thing, but I loved the drones.

kinda sad that all of this technology is used in the pursuit of killing others. But at the same time if the Ukrainians had a load of these, that 40 mile traffic jam would be somewhat smaller.

Ooh i'd be so fascinated myself despite feeling the same as you about their 'purpose' the tech and engineering would just have me agog

Twas a simple Heineken. A decent one though.

At the tech desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

One of these unexpected days where a phone call gave me 30 minutes to be in the hotel lobby, now flying as a passenger on a lovely 8 hour flight, tomorrow I shall continue west for another 13 hours.

Cya.

And trundle time approaches but last one until Saturday hopefully

Enjoy the days off Grem!

• Advertisement

Just done at the tech desk. Dinner soon. Lamb kebabs and steak house fries on the board.

Advertisement