Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Two doses make prats of themselves.. In saying that I wish rock had got a proper smack.

😆

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Birds and lawnmowers. The morning sounds through an open window. An OJ and another muffin. Then the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In regards to Will Smith , he seemed to think it was hilarious first , laughing away .... eta- I don't like either W'S or CR anyway. Let them at it .

Glorious day again , windows all sparkling here now , sow some plans this afternoon with two munchkins in their garden so all the equipment is in the car .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Glum bum here.. On first day of leave. Oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hey all! I had a lovely weekend of parties to celebrate one of my favourite people on the whole planet, a lad from Guilford that I met here. He is just the best. So we had drinks and cake on Friday night when it was his actual birthday followed by a glorious rooftop bbq party on Saturday afternoon and evening.

(Sorry for the blurry pic but was several beers in by then)

Then yesterday I was feeling a bit down but 2 of my other favourite humans here invited me out for dinner with them and some others and they brought me a lovely Hydrangea plant for Mother's Day coz they knew I was missing my sons and my own mum.

I really am blessed with some epic people in my life. Even if one of them is a sexy German who allowed me to stay in his place on Fri night coz I couldn't get a taxi home and has been flirting relentlessly with me even though I have told him it won't happen coz I don't like to sh** where I eat and he is in our circle of friends. Sigh.

Today has been mainly boring dealing with banks and trying to get my head into a good place for writing the 3 pieces I need to do this week, but also exciting coz I got a ticket for the Fontaines DC in Edinburgh in November meaning I will leave here about a week before I intended to but stop off with my sister and get cuddles from my niece before my sis and her hubby and I go rock our socks off at the gig! Also got a hotel booked for Rock en Seine in Paris in August when I get to go see Arctic Monkeys, Idles, Fontaines and Inhaler. Yeooo! Now I just need to figure out a not too annoying route to get to Paris. Can you swing by and give me a lift Smurf?

@Witchie delighted to see you've fallen on your feet as it were 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Creative wise, I am on fire lads! Worked all day at the tech desk. Had a few pints too as its Monday and the pub isn't full of dopes. Now I'm having a fab lamb shank and sides while watching a movie. So ready to start making stuff for myself after two years of nowhere. Feck it . I'm back!....in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,890 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Allianz League highlights for the 2nd time. Glorious. Sorry Dubs 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good morning all, waking up in Africa again, Lesotho to be precise. Will Start heading back north today.

Post edited by smurfjed on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Im sure I talk for lots here in appreciating the posts from Smurfjet and Witchie. Love to see how they share their travel notes with us.

Couch side after session with psychologist, so watching a zombie show..

As a Monaghan person, even though an not a GAA fan, I really enjoyed this moment too. 😁

Thanks for the sweet comments about my posts. It's not all rooftop parties and chasing hot guys, I do work too. 😆

Currently, I am procrastinating instead of writing articles I need done by Thursday. Anyone want to write about how TikTok is killing dating? Or how about impact investing tends in Southeast Asia? Perhaps you would like to do a piece on the vintage jewels worn at the Oscars?

Help.

Something doesn't compute, a Monaghan person not into Football?

Though there is the argument that we're really a hurling county 😀

Ha ha...know little to nothing about that either. I am a football fan...soccer that is! 😋

Walking about earlier, bikes passing, gawd I wish I could have one again.

I have been to Anfield a few times , but still CP will always be my favourite . Doesn’t matter who’s playing, or football or hurling.

In this country, Football will always be Gaelic.

Checking out from the tech desk for the day....well hopefully. Gotta get the nod from el bosso.😁 Actually I'm that fired up, I know any problem would be a crappy excuse as right now I'm knocking the ball out of the park. A nice way to be as it doesn't always be that way. Gonna prep some dinner now for myself.

• Advertisement

So dinner is looking like a pan fried chicken fillet, mash, roasted veg and a drop of mushroom sauce. Similar to Sunday and will be dead tasty. Booster jabs tomorrow for us three and a takeaway on the way home!

I probably already asked but what is your mushroom sauce?

Pub side, Guinness is good for you!

A one euro sachet from Supervalu is the sauce. Enjoy the pub and enjoy the pints Grem!

It's a great sauce. Just milled the dinner! In the leaba now chatting to Mrs G about all sorts.

Is that what the young ones are calling it these days?

In the ould snoozer meself after a self care evening of eating crisps, having a hot chocolate and reading. Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My body clock is screwed, last day of a 11 day African trip,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, deskside, one class down and two more to go today...

Then meeting two of my dissertation students. Busy, busy...

@smurfjed

That beer looks real good in the sun.

• Advertisement

Only feel like I'm off work now. Weird.

Advertisement