Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Princess Calla total mood destroyer 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Arrived coffeehouse. Cheers!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Hello from lovely County Kilkenny. 😊

My OH and I are down here in Lyrath House hotel on a three day break. Beautiful tranquil place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I must say that's uncannily like my house and gardens JK. 🤭

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So, you will all be glad to know I got something from the German last night...

A f**kin cold/flu! We spent most of the day in the pub together watching football and chatting. He had been sick during the week and had left the party early on Fri night coz he still was a bit caught up and the smoke was killing him.

I started sneezing last night, and am in bits today. In bed all day.

But have realised he isn't what I need, the germ spreading German or just the GermMan. Have been productive while in bed and lined up a few hotties for dates here and in Corfu next week. 😁 If am better of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,160 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just finished the census form. You'd need a drink after that! Haven't stirred out all day but well stocked up on everything.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Back from a great (but long)day in Bray with all the munchkins and their parents. All into the Aquarium first , they loved it , then out to chase the waves and watch the boats . And it was still only lunchtime by then 😁 our legs are all walked off us ☺

• Advertisement

Just finished it here too , another thing over and done with .

Ag good oul Bray! Many a Summer day I spent there. Lived in it for a few years too. (girl related.😍) Slots, Dawsons amusements and Cassonis chipper. on the front. Bray head for a hike across to Greystones in my teens. Loved it. My first trip on the DART the week it opened was to Bray!

Great memories you have of it G !

My first time there , loved it , fish and chips sitting on the front before we left for home too .

A decent spot alright Mam. Yes indeed I have great memories of it. When I hit my teens and obviously living in Dublin, the DART made it very accessible and then I met a Bray girl.😮 Delighted you enjoyed your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Almost forgot about that, thanks for the reminder 😁

Homeside here and not in a good place to be honest. My mental health has been in a bit of a tailspin recently and I can't seem to find a way to pull out of that. I could do with a few months of paid time off if I'm honest.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Ha , very picturesque spot to meet someone G 😊

Thank you, the kids and munchkins have had day trips together since they were all born , this was my first day trip with them . Anyhow, enough of me blathering on , enjoy the evening 😊

Forget the Census form thomil. Worry and look after yourself. You first and all else second.

Census just done here.

I'd be interested to hear what people wrote in the time capsule. I wrote a message to my kids on the chance they may still be alive in 100 years which is possible considering how people are living longer and longer as the years go by.

I'll throw in a joke aswell but I haven't decided which one to add in yet. 😁

@thomil , sorry to hear that . I agree with@Grandee Grandeeod , make yourself the priority. See if work will organize some time off for you , time to focus on getting yourself to a better headspace.

Look after yourself.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the kind words everyone, but right now, I feel like time for myself is actually the worst that could happen. My self-isolation and hyper focus on the war in Ukraine tipped me over the edge in the first place. I've got end of quarter review time coming up at work, first time since 2019 that this will be in-person, so preparing those reviews will keep me busy for a while, I hope.

Also, I kicked Twitter of my phone and iPad today, that should help somewhat...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

If you do need some time off, I do highly recommend a visit to somewhere nice and chilled, like say, Saranda @thomil...I promise I won't put the moves on you but I will offer friendly chats and some peace and quiet when you need it. I know what it's like to struggle like that. Last week was a bit of a tough one for me too. Just make sure you are ok, talk to someone you trust and start planning a holiday somewhere.

@thomil a colleague of mine was going through a very rough patch last year, really needed a break, so he got on the Ryanair site looked at cheap flights to places he had never been, and headed off for a week. It did him the world of good, got a little break from home, got out of his head, just forgot his everyday. Was only a week, but really helped him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

JK goes to Kilkenny and I’m gone West 👍 Nothing but rain here so far, i certainly didn’t bring the weather with me 😂😂

@thomil you need to look after yourself and if a break away is needed then take one, and something I’ve stopped doing is watching or listening to the news, ((hugs))

Thanks again for all you lovely words. Things are a bit better today. Thankfully I have a great team here at work, which is by the way where I am right now, just to fulfill the purpose of the thread 😉

Anyway, for now, it's just about setting one foot in front of the other and keeping at least some momentum going. I've come too far to give up now!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On the way to work, the west might be awake but it's caught in traffic 🚥

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@Mam of 4 your day out yesterday sounds like heaven. It's such a novelty for those of us not by the sea to get there.

Yesterday was the nicest of a few days, so well planned!

@thomil it definitely sounds like you need a change of scenery. Have you annual leave to take? Definitely look at taking a break, preferably somewhere warm. The serotonin and vitamin D from the sun is an instant mood boost. Leave your phone off and just take a few days of fresh sea, sun air.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

I like how you are looking at this, be strong, we'll always be here for support *hugs

Advertisement