Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Burning the midnight oil here.

Hope all are well. 👌

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Exhausted lads, the cars yesterday were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso on the balcony with the mutt. Best place in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So I sat down at a street table at a little bar and then noticed that 3 guys were sitting in front of me and one of them had a fancy-looking video camera on one of those yokes that looks a bit like a piece of exercise equipment. They kept chatting to 2 overly dressed up girls who were sitting at the table next to me and there was lot's of laughing.

Anyways, am messaging my bestie and sipping me cider when up jumps the lad with the camera and starts filming the lads. Then the girls. He keeps doing takes and giving instructions. I thought it might be a tourist video at first but then he gets the girls to get up, saunter past the boys and one of them drops a piece of paper onto the table in front of one of the lads before they strut off.

They repeated it a few times until they were happy. Then the 5 of them headed off into a building 2 doors down. About an hour later the dudes come out and one of them is now topless and wearing a pair of shorts.

I have a famous detectives name as my surname but even Watson could have worked out what was going on!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Witchie bom-chikka-wow 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sounds like you might end up as an (s)extra in the film so!

To thine own self be true

They asked me to star but I didn't want to put the rest of the cast in the shade with my sexy moves and acting skills.

Greetings from Dubrovnik where I just scratched my itch for Indian food.

Chana masala and naan. Hottest thing I have had in my mouth for 6 months. 😝😃

This looks a bit more dramatic than it actual was :)

@Witchie glad to see that you are behaving yourself 🤪🤪🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch.......spoiled by the chick's today......finally got a nespresso machine as a gift...so thrilled I am now lol lol

Went for a game of squash this morning..First game in nearly 14 years or 4 stone what ever way you want to look at it lol lol......and I won woo hoo.....yes folks I beat my 13 year old eldest chick...it was her first ever game but let's not focus on that lol lol.....I won...

Where has the years gone?

@smurfjed incredible videos, I look forward to more, Cape Town, was that shanty town type stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭thomil

Love the videos, smurfjed! So that's what those airports look like from a non-orbital perspective 😉

Which Nespresso did you get, gifted? A classic one or a Vertuo? Oh, and welcome to the Nespresso club 😉

Deskside here, feeling glum. It's back to work tomorrow and I could really do with another two weeks of time off...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers here 🎉🎉🎉 Mine was spoiled by me today 😂

Love the videos Smurf 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Feck all Father's Day here. I can't remember ever having one, Never expected one and never got one. I did lot's of Mothers's Day things though and today I delivered om Father's day. Maybe I'm just forgotten.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling here in bed, reading a good book and just checking in after a weekend doing a lot of catching up on sleep. 😴

Was swimming in the glorious buff earlier. 🏊 The sea temperature is pretty pleasant now. 👍👍

Night all! 😴 🛌

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

A Vertuo Plus....no idea what the plus is ....never realised you have to order the pods online....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Yes or in Brown Thomas stores. It's a pain in the hoop.

And like I posted in this thread before, the coffee doesn't get piping hot which is how I like my coffee so it's a no from me to Nespresso.

To thine own self be true

Return to work tonight, still, a weekend of races and cars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭thomil

Vertuo simply means it's using the newer larger, and proprietary coffee pods. Vertuo Plus is simply the model designation, incidentally the same model that I have at home. I tend to get my pods at the Brown Thomas here in Cork, gives me an excuse to go in there and see what I can't afford on the day in question 😉 I also use that opportunity to drop off the used pods there, but you can also order a free pickup for those if you don't have a Nespresso store nearby.

Deskside, just reaching the tail end of 1200 unread emails 😵 The joys of coming back after two weeks off...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

I think that he wants driving lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mutt Mobile 😍😍

Greetings from INmusic, Zagreb. The Idles warming us up for the Fontaines DC and The Killers. Excited.

Ooh fcuk me that's a line up

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Evening all, it’s been a while since I posted. I got caught up in a perfect storm at work and at home. The stroppy trio at work have finally been disciplined/resigned/under special measures. Finally some resolution but that was difficult.

I mentioned before that my SIL is Ukrainian. We got her Mam, nieces and sisters in law here to us. I am not going to lie it has been beyond tough. Nothing prepares you for the scale of it. Anyway at three months plus with us her Mam was becoming very unhappy in the city. So I have found them a house with a big garden close enough to an urban town in the midlands. The nieces will join a secondary school in the autumn. The sisters in law have got jobs and the Mam will look after them, get some chickens and grow her veggies. This is what she has longed to do. There are other Ukrainians close by.

And I had a “roundy” birthday last week and got sticker shock at the age I suddenly am. It is only June but I feel like I have done a couple of years so far. My mind is a bit fried and I am looking forward to having the luxury to think.

I hope you are all well. Loving the travels, car stories and videos (and the odd cat gif!).

Elyvande x

@Elyvande great to hear from you, wow you've been in the thick of it.. You deserve a peaceful rest of the year..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@Elyvande - lovely to hear from you, been a while. 👍🥰

Home office at my desk, dinner eaten and back to marking more exam scripts for a Wednesday deadline. Joy of joys! 😬🙄😁🕺🕺

Cracker of a day outside today! 😎 ☀️ ☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Jealous.

Thrash around, shoe gaze and lighter sing alongs. Perfect emotional cleanser and eargasms.

Away five minutes and the crap that's going on here 🤬

• Advertisement

So that was epic. Press pit for opening of Fontaines, then we all got shooed out.

Currently sitting backstage listening to the Killers coz used all my energy at Fontaines. Got chatting with the guitarist from my hometown and a brief chat with the singer. Going go soon though coz am not meant to be backstage but charmed the security guard into let me.

Advertisement