Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Last night's VaxLive concert is now on RTE1..
    J-Lo is the host....51... jesus wept.. menopause never looked so good :D

Wait til you meet me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Wait til you meet me

Well feck ya, just snorted on the bus. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Wait til you meet me

I'm calling your bluff Sardi ..here on the wherer's thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well I had another busy day after an interesting Saturday night where I over did things for the first time in a very long time. Paid the price today.:eek: Ended up having last nights dinner for breakfast at 9am this morning. (Pepper burger, onions, mushrooms and reheated chips.) milled it and went back to bed. :eek: Very very bold boy.:D Brought my Dad for his first out door walk today since his hip replacement op a week ago. Baby steps as they say and he needed the fresh air.

Tomorrow I'll be a good boy and cook a nice roast chicken dinner (two versions going up to my parents) and maybe do some domestic stuff with Mrs G. We all got some takeaway stuff today as I was in no mood to prep and cook.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah G a night like that now and again is allowed ;) We have one planned later in the week :o

Ah G a night like that now and again is allowed ;) We have one planned later in the week :o

As Mrs G said to me this morning......buckled! In fact she told me during the night too after I stumbled back into bed after a pee.:D A long time since I did that kind of boozing. But the chat and music was great.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Grandeeod wrote: »
    As Mrs G said to me this morning......buckled! In fact she told me during the night too after I stumbled back into bed after a pee.:D A long time since I did that kind of boozing. But the chat and music was great.:)

Were you talking to yourself? :)

To thine own self be true

I think i'd like to be able to sneeze on cue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,656 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think i'd like to be able to sneeze on cue.

I won't say what I initially read that as!

I'm off to wash my mouth out with soap. :p

Were you talking to yourself? :)

Mrs G on the dry and me suppin more than usual. After 18 years of marriage, she was enthralling me with conversation and we both forgot what I was drinking.:eek:

• Advertisement

I'm glad i can't even guess :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

On condition that you supply cold drinks and cold compresses so I dont pass out with the heat while I cook....

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen or something...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Go and wash it again !
    Your mind went to the gutter last night too relating to sneeze induced accidents :p

kowloon wrote: »
    If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen or something...:D

:eek:

I can't decide if you're very brave, or very stupid. :pac:

Went for a drive around my teenage stomping grounds, everywhere is so built up now. :(

There were kids meeting up to drink in my old drinking field the other week and it made me irrationally angry that they dared to tread in my territory. I don't mind the illegal drinking at all, breaking quarantine, well kids will be kids, but in MY spot?! :mad:

tenor.gif

kowloon wrote: »
    There were kids meeting up to drink in my old drinking field the other week and it made me irrationally angry that they dared to tread in my territory. I don't mind the illegal drinking at all, breaking quarantine, well kids will be kids, but in MY spot?! :mad:

tenor.gif
    Imagine seeing 2 story houses where you used to see mountains in the distance? :(
    The drinking fields of my day are now securely fenced and gated.

I want to be 16 again, I don't think I made enough of a show of myself at the time. We'll need to ban smartphones though, I don't want to be an unwitting internet sensation.

It's still all fields in my old stomping ground, but then again, it is a farm....

It's still all fields in my old stomping ground, but then again, it is a farm....

You should have a night drinking there for old times sake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

This was me yesterday too..
    Coming put of my local shop, there were 3 car loads of teenagers cruising around the village.
    Old grumpy me was thinking they are flouting Covid rules.
    Nostalgic and wistful me was slightly jealous :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

If I was a teenager I'd ignore all the restrictions too. It's a time to live, have fun, and to hell with the consequences.

We're old and sensible long enough!

I was a pretty serious teenager, was my late twenties when i lost it and went mad around the place!

I was a pretty serious teenager, was my late twenties when i lost it and went mad around the place!

I didn't do outdoor drinking til I was 36.

I didn't do outdoor drinking til I was 36.

Too late to call it bushing? :pac:

:eek:

I can't decide if you're very brave, or very stupid. :pac:

One and the same. ;)

I can still howl if there's moon right?

• Advertisement

Heading into a&e with Grumpy again. Hernia. Same old.

Heading into a&e with Grumpy again. Hernia. Same old.

Feck it anyway :(

Being discharged soon. ED doc has promised to expedite his appointment with surgeon (The operation in private hospital had to be cancelled when he was in hospital with cardiac symptoms and the private surgeon has referred him back to the public system as he doesn't think it's safe for Grumpy to have surgery in the private hospital as it's got no Coronary Care Unit) Sigh. Can't wait for my bed. And a coffee. Oh God, what I'd give for a coffee

Coffee brewing, anything else?? Toast? Hug? Frozen peas??

Coffee brewing, anything else?? Toast? Hug? Frozen peas??

Can I have real butter in the toast please? A hug would be most welcome too.

• Advertisement

Can I have real butter in the toast please? A hug would be most welcome too.

Check and check, here's the coffee ;)

Home. Grumpy fed, tea'd x2 and medicated. About to tuck him into bed. Sipping my coffee. My toast is on. World restored to order. For now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Home. Grumpy fed, tea'd x2 and medicated. About to tuck him into bed. Sipping my coffee. My toast is on. World restored to order. For now.

Big hugs Sardonicat, it must be such a constant worry for you but youre so caring and he's lucky he has you there by his side. Hope the coffee helps and you have both rest and have a good day today. Looking after a parent pulls at the heartstrings in a way like no other.

Coffee time for me too, my sleep is all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Porklife wrote: »
    Big hugs Sardonicat, it must be such a constant worry for you but youre so caring and he's lucky he has you there by his side. Hope the coffee helps and you have both rest and have a good day today. Looking after a parent pulls at the heartstrings in a way like no other.

Coffee time for me too, my sleep is all over the place.

I saw you were the last poster hoping it was ...rotunda :D

Get a curry into ya

I saw you were the last poster hoping it was ...rotunda :D

Get a curry into ya

Theres is something else she could get into her that's also known to "get things started', but if I suggest it, I'd be banned.

Ah the Rotunda... ultimately happy memories of the place tinged with sadness...

Ah the Rotunda... ultimately happy memories of training place finger with sadness...

There's a training place finger ...?

There's a training place finger ...?

I really should proof read....
    Autocorrect will be the death of me

Theres is something else she could get into her that's also known to "get things started', but if I suggest it, I'd be banned.

I tried that but it didn't end well.....ended up in hospital having to explain first to admissions then to midwife then to Dr how things started the way they did.... mortified and on my own as he stayed at home with the older child

Unfortunately that's not an option so ill have to rely on the ol spicy food route which is way less fun!

Princess Calla, that must have been really funny at the hospital, especially having to tell the story to multiple people...at least if your husband was there you could say..ask him! ;)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately that's not an option so ill have to rely on the ol spicy food route which is way less fun!

Princess Calla, that must have been really funny at the hospital, especially having to tell the story to multiple people...at least if your husband was there you could say..ask him! ;)

Go away with the husband talk missy......living in sin :D

Ah they've seen and heard it all before but I could have murdered him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Go away with the husband talk missy......living in sin :D

Ah they've seen and heard it all before but I could have murdered him

That reminds me...had a family friend who used to refer to her daughters partner as her sin-in-law :D

0lddog wrote: »
    That reminds me...had a family friend who used to refer to her daughters partner as her sin-in-law :D

I like it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Kitchenside, making my lunch. Another Monday at the coalface...

The road outside my apartment complex is being resurfaced and the small of fresh tar is a bit...overwhelming. Needed to shut the windows!

Happy Monday all. :)

Now I have it's a sin by the Pet Shop Boys stuck in my head:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Now I have it's a sin by the Pet Shop Boys stuck in my head:)

Now it’s in all our heads! lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Well damn yee all for that ear worm, it's a truly brutal song. That's the afternoon ruined now :pac:

I brought one of my sil's to get her hair cut this morning, with the hairdresser in the barbers , she feels human again :pac:
    I'd settle for getting eyebrows done tbh .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ....I'd settle for getting eyebrows done tbh .

Need a good plucking do you ?

• Advertisement

Need a good plucking do you ?

Tired of good plucking Olddog, fancy a change ;):p

Advertisement