Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

All that, and an ultra competitive 5 year old doesn't help matters. 😂😂

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A touch damp.... Shower intensified so much I couldn't see bus 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting looking out at the misty rain and the trees blowing... it's like an Autumn evening..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

If it wasn't so humid!

• Advertisement

Miserable weather here also, forecast looks good for next weekend 🤞🤞. I finished work on Wednesday and had a great few days off, serious dose of the Glenroes tonight and I'm exhausted but at least it's a short work week, can definitely feel the Autumn vibes though, this year is flying.

I won't give in until october!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evenings are getting darker now 😉😄

I work at night, don't bother me 😁 Alfie looks well and happy

Got one big flash of lightning followed quickly by a good rumble of thunder, no build up, not a peep since. Holy isolated incident batman

• Advertisement

Off to pharmacy for the monthly bag of goodies. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Lying in bed when that occurred....some flash it was

Hah I froze for a second it was so unexpected, not a sign beforehand on radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭thomil

What I wouldn't give for a decent bit of thunder down here in Cork right now. It's been years since I saw a proper thunderstorm.

The last one kept me grounded in Frankfurt for over an hour. It was a weird feeling seeing the end of the concourse disappear in the rain within the space of one gate outside, but being able to see to the end inside...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office - desk fan on as it's rather warm and muggy.

Will be finishing up for the day in a few mins. 😁

That heat was totally unexpected here after the rain this morning, I thought it was just me getting ill (or hot flushes 🙈) ☺️

I was going to suggest that we would head to Turkey for a week Mam 😉, probably be too hot for us.😁

Dentist's waiting room, shaking like a leaf, I'd rather be anywhere else right now.

Duvet you got this, the anticipated element is always the worst

Thanks Grem, all done, had to get anaesthetic to get cleaning done, I find it worse than getting fillings etc done, half my mouth done and it wasn't too bad , I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to going to the dentist. Starving now and I can't eat. 🙄😁

Straw and a smoothie or melted ice cream 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So I had my first interactions with the Albanian healthcare system on Sunday. Woke up in pain, and got worse during the day. Could hardly walk my legs were so sore and swollen. Started to have problems breathing, too, so thought I might be having a heart attack thanks to the pain in my shoulder and back. My sorta accidental boyfriend insisted on bringing me to the hospital. What a **** show.

Took my temp, and pulse. Decided it was my kidneys. Put a cannula in and pumped what I only assume was a diuretic into me so I peed every 10 minutes for about an hour while they ran my blood tests. (Oh and there is no toilet paper in the hospital apparently).

Bloods come back clear and they sent me home telling me to come back yesterday morning at 9 am for a scan.

Told my bestie who is a nurse practitioner in one of the Greater London area A&E departments and she was astounded that with my symptoms they didn't take my blood pressure or do an ecg. She also laughed when she saw my bloods as they hadn't done any renal function tests.

Back I went on Monday morning, standing around for a while, seats are obviously for wussies here, so I had to use the wall to prop myself up so that I wouldn't faint with the pain. Got sent for a CT. While standing in the corridor in Radiography, I could smell cigarette smoke, and then when the Radiographer's door opened, here he was sitting having a ciggie. The top I was wearing had metal beads on it so I asked the technician if that would be a problem and he shrugged. I also asked about my metal allergy bracelet and watch and again he shrugged.

Back to the doc in A&E and he decides he wants to finally get a urine sample from me and more bloods before sending me to get an ultrasound. Back to radiography and smokey Joe comes in and grunts in the direction of the table almost rips my top off pulling it up to start the scan. Pushes me to roll over and then asked me for €40. Back to doc in A&E who tells me I have a kidney infection.

Thankfully the meds make sense or would be seriously worried. If am not starting to feel better by Thursday, I might go to Corfu for a second opinion which is what my mate wants me to do. She is not trying to panic but thinks am on the verge of bigger kidney problems than an infection.

TL/DR: Don't get sick in Saranda or if you do, go to the Intermedica clinic or Corfu instead of the local hospital.

Jaysus. Doesn't sound too reassuring witchie.

How are you feeling now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,093 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a god awful Liam Neeson film on ch5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@witchie, go to CORFU anyway and get checked, no point waiting until you really do get sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭thomil

What smurfjed said, witchie. Get it checked out to be on the safe side.

Workside here. Picked up my new passport this morning before going to work, and regretting it now. Seems my motivation has already used it to flee the country...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@witchie - don't leave such a major health issue to chance - get thee to Corfu and to a proper medical facility where you can get tested properly. Sending good vibes your way. The downside of living in a cheap, underdeveloped country like Albania is a sub-par health service.

Busy working away in my home office, was expecting one of my dissertation students to send me their draft lit review ahead of our Zoom meeting later this afternoon but alas no email or draft from them (I hate having to chase them up, but it usually has to be done) and nothing back from them to confirm our meeting, so I think it will be another no show...🙄😏

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Thanks all. I am feeling a bit better today, bar exhaustion.

I think Friday might be a good day to catch the Ferry and get checked over.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Look after yourself Witchie

Glenroes visiting 😞

• Advertisement

Hope the glenroes leave soon Grem . Take it as easy as is possible on yourself.

Advertisement