Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

Remember the days when this thread would be full of life with a lot of posters at this hour?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Not bad. I'm impressed you're up late again!

It's my turn for a sleep in tomorrow 🙌

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oooooh nice, better be breafast included

Ah now that would be pushing it 😆

• Advertisement

When's your weekend?

Pffft should be part of the package really imo.

I'm off tuesday night

We have been known to deliver breakfast in bed to each other from time to time but it's not a banker.

Roll on Tuesday says you. I really believe we spend too much of our lives on the hamster wheel.

It's feckin lovely if you've managed to have a bit of a late sleep and there's a bit of toast or a bagel there when you wake.. Yup work to live is a pretty horrid way to do things but here we are. Don't get me started on that subject!

What do you think is the reason for reduction in posting/ craic on the likes of this thread on boards the past good while?

Posters getting older and less interested or bored with it?

I don't think it's because of the new platform. I think it had changed before that.

• Advertisement

I think young people just aren't into forums as much unless targeted fan forums and the user interface for this place can be a bit overwhelming

Hard to know. It's not what it used to be for sure though.

I do think participants aging and not being as available for the craic has played a part and also don't think boards would be as attractive to new posters like it would have been years ago.

That's my main thoughts exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all. Have we heard from @Witchie since she went to the medical center in Corfu ?

I don't think so, she had planned on more local tests when we were last posting iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning from Cork 👍 Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend ☀️☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

👍 Yes, trying to make the most of it. 👍

Leaving crap until tomorrow.

I have been on and off boards over past few years. Mainly the computer games forum, but don't have the time to keep up with then with all the other stuff I need to do. Going to stick to a couple of games a year now. That's all I have time for. Or just play Skyrim 😁 now and again.

People get busy and there are more and more virtual distractions to make them more and more crazy. Also their kids are in the same boat. But the amount of time we have has stayed the same.

There is a lot of Irish/Ireland related wisdom/knowledge on boards. It'd be a shame to lose that. I think the forum is being squandered to be honest. Needs re marketing and a new fresh paint of coat. And a decent app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch......I'm sweating like a boiled ham in a pot........I'm probably medium rare at this stage......can't wait for the cooler days again 🥶🥶🥶

Uppa time, work and lightning watch commences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No thunder or lightning here yet, sun is shining all day:evening ☀️☀️

Had a faint rumble of thunder and a rain shower. Nice. And it's gone. Still stuffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭thomil

Still stuffy here as well. A bit of rolling thunder, one notable bang and that seems to have been it. I'm not optimistic about anything actually worthwhile happening down here.

Well, at least now I know how steamed salmon must feel...😬

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Constant rumbling here but the lightning seemed to skip the city

Back to work tomorrow after been off for the last 4 weeks.......I'm not looking forward to it, I've even forgotten the password to my PC 🙄🙄

I'd love to be able to afford to be a stay at home dad.........Our Father, who art in Heaven, Halo be thy name.......I can dream.

Could be a baker!

I no longer want to experience a sauna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭thomil

I know that feeling. My place still feels like a steam bath over here. Having an iced coffee over here to help me cool down...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Stashed a bottle of water in freezer here this morning, utter bliss

• Advertisement

Watching Glenroe. Internally.

Advertisement