Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

😆 good stuff. Hope the rest of the night is as painless as possible.

We spend too much of our lives working. Fact.

I'm off til next Wednesday now. Delighra.

Any music on the go to get you through the shift?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's true 🙄

Not listening to music currently, just some work related meeting, replaying it for any important bits since it was on during the day

Sounds.... exciting 😆

Have the music going here with my favourite playlist at the minute.

Do you find on boards sometimes you're about to comment on a new thread that might be interesting and then you're like hold on, could I be bothered? Happens me a lot. About to comment on the #bekind thread there and then I'm like nay.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Depends where the thread is located, i feel like that be kind thread will run it's course quickly and just have the usual squabbling until then

Yeah same here. Rinse and repeat.

Depends what you're looking for I suppose. With me it's just light-hearted chat in general but the odd time more serious chat with people you know a bit better.

Definitely down in traffic on threads like this.

Heaps of lurking going on I'm sure 😆

• Advertisement

I will probably never leave because of the solidarity, friendship and support i've found on this very thread.. Long Term Illness has helped a lot too mind but here is special and i hope recent new posters continue to see the value in the place as a whole and this thread especially

I know what you mean.

Quite hard if possible at all to reignite this thread to what it once was though I think.

Then again everything evolves to what it is now and maybe it will see more traffic again.

You still get the odd time where it's busy again.

I do think years ago it felt like there were more people on the same page though.

Yeah it's just cycling around every few years is all i think

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

It's very cosy in here, and I thank the posters for making it a little refuge of warmth, kindness and sense.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't accuse me of making sense too often hahaha 😂 have a tendency to gabble on and also mention food a lot...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Isn’t that the purpose? Friendly place with almost no anger where people can just chill and chat.

When do you finish ?

Talking waffle?. Probably never. Work i finish in an hour or so.. How's your venture going?

I’m having a quiet month, have only left home 5 times for work so far :):) very different to the last two years. So now I’m in charge of the Eufy as it battles to pick up mutts hair.

Can you pilot those remotely or they just acclimatised to physical environment?

You can map a room and set it to run at scheduled times. This is probably great for places without dogs and their toys on the floor. But it is fun to watch it trying to get home to its charger like a drunken Irishman :)

Hahaha just what I was thinking of 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all 😊 Happy Saturday!!! Beautiful sunny morning here with a lovely light breeze

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Morning Auto, but 'this afternoon for me.

Have a great day whatever you get up to!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

There you go talking about food again! Mmmm, waffles 😋 😂

@Autosport what are your plans for your holidays ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

So the other day, I farted loudly and then realised my balcony doors were open and my neighbour was on their balcony. I decided to say loudly in my own voice, "ugh, piggy wiggy" and reply in a deeper, northern accented voice "aye, sorry bout that". Today I burped loudly and in case they were outside again, repeated the above.

Now I am stuck doing two voices a lot coz only talking to my partner when they do rude bodily functions would be strange. 🤣🤣🤣 Help!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Late lie-in today in my bed with an annoying heart monitor device the hospital fitted following my echocardiogram tests yesterday morning. It starts bleeping every so often and last night’s sleep with it on wasn’t great.

I have to wear the device for 72 hours over the weekend - no showers, no swimming, have to keep the bloody thing on till Monday morning. 😏🙄

All because of an appalling heart disease history in my family. As you probably all know, I lost my mum to a massive heart attack when I was just 15 (she was 46). My GP is taking no chances as I hurtle towards 50...

@Sardi - you really are an angel to be a full time career to your father AKA Grumpy. 👍👍😊 I really don’t think I would be able for it without being worn out and filled with resentment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

@JupiterKid Hope all the cardiac tests come back clear. Definitely worth the hassle with your family history. I'm so sorry to hear you lost your mother so young and so suddenly. Me and Grumpy are having another good day, so far🤞 . It's worth it to see him relaxed at home. Still utterly exhausted with post covid fatigue, God love him.

@Witchie You should just stand on your balcony, ar§e first, let rip and exclaim "Share that amongst ye!" Tell them it's an Irish blessing and the lucky recipients will have good fortune for 6 months after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Kichen table.....supping tae..... just had a big scone with real butter and loads of raspberry jam......get in there ya dirty yoke ya 😋😋😋😋

Watching the boxing, was offered a ticket but I’m on work standby and the stadium is too far away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Just finished a load of gardening.

Cleared out the shed, one side needs to be replaced, but the rest of the shed is in good condition. I'd need to get a skip and a new shed otherwise. I have a plan to fix it.

Grass all cut. Only did 3 cuts this year cause I'm lazy and cause I wanted to leave it wild for nature and it's been absolutely fine. The grass really didn't grow with all that heat I guess.

Other problems rearing their head again, but have a plan.

The cat has done absolutely no work today apart from finding somewhere to sleep and annoying people until he was fed. He should really be called Boris Johnson.

Advertisement