Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They showed a clip on that recently. Think it was on the program "the way we were" The episode they showed was to do with Christmas trees being stolen. It was the most "Country" thing I've ever seen....they had little to be worrying about 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ah, it's a different version of it. Actually seems like the movie revolves around this song in places, so best to avoid if you really don't like that song. 😝

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Far too traumatised to go near anything affiliated with the accursed noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sometimes I give up 🤯

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just home after a lovely evening out with friends. Have been keeping a low profile in recent months since Mam died so it was nice to get out and meet people.

Obviously I have been lurking here

Good to hear from you @Samsgirl sorry about your loss.. Always welcome to lurk here 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Thanks Grem 😊

Glad you had a nice evening, it can be hard to be kind to ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Work...Office....yuck.....new class starting today.........oh I hope they're OK, not like the last bunch 🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Advertisement

Put yourself in the bold corner and ignore them 😂

18 minutes to "all in all you're just another brick in the wall"

This is my work desktop background.

I find it incredibly calming.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Time to rouse the beast.....

Bowser I love love love that painting, I'll try share mine later if I think of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, getting down to another weeks' work...

OH is still in a bad low and we now have to postpone things etc as a result. Glad to have that cardiac monitor finally off and took a long shower this morning!

Anyone else think that TV adverts were so very much better (and original) back in the 1980s and 90s before stifling PC took hold?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting at home with an electric massager following 24 hours in a metal tube. Sad part was that most of the interesting parts were at night so no photos :)

Mutt by my feet wondering if there is anymore left over steaks :):)

Yes, now I want steak and onions..mushrooms too. And decent spuds. And gravy.

It's all become very narrow minded these days. The irony of that. PC is the death bell for artistic endeavour, certainly any means to make money from same. The free thinkers are not encouraged anymore. Maybe that's what the system wants. Zero resistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Cant you see I’m busy 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭thomil

Hey everyone,

I'm just after starting to dig myself out of the biggest black hole I've been in in years. Over the last few days, I've been dealing with an old injury becoming infected, resulting in some scary high fevers up to and beyond 40°C. I only caught on to the likely issue yesterday, so I spent Friday and the entire weekend freaking out trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. Couple that with very little actual sleep and I was basically a nervous blubbering wreck by Sunday afternoon. Seriously, with the amount I cried for seemingly no reason, I was worried Irish Water were going to issue a hose pipe ban! All joking aside though, by the evening I finally snapped and called an ambulance and thank god I did so. They gave me thorough checkup, talked me down and basically just advised me to stay home, talk to my GP and get antibiotics. So that's what I've got lined up for tomorrow.

All of that on the 10th anniversary of my first full week in Ireland. My parents passed away a month or so either side of my 5th anniversary. Those big anniversaries don't really work out for me it seems...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

That's a rough spot you're in, Thomil. Hope you're feeling a little better and you've got plenty paracetamol on hand to treat your fever 🤒. Good lucj with the GP. Anniversaries can be really tough on us, sometimes in ways we don't expect and those you mentioned are recent enough to be raw still. So be very, very gentle with yourself and know it's OK to be feeling whatever emotion your grief is chucking at you. *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@thomil , good on you for calling for the ambulance, hopefully you'll start to feel better soon. Hugs to you, anniversaries bring up lot's of emotions and memories 🤗🤗

Been at my desk all day.

Going to get some tea and a snack and sit outside for a bit.

This hamster is getting off his wheel. He's been pushed too far !

🤣

Sitting with the cat.

He wants his dinner.

I'm having an existential crisis.

🤣

Work trundle, many football jerseys around, might leave fb alone for the night 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting waiting for said game to start.

Go Pool !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭thomil

Hope you have a quiet shift Grem!

Deskside here, slept through most of the afternoon. Thanks so much for your replies @Mam of 4 and @Sardonicat , they really mean a lot to me 🤗

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

I know fans of both teams, i'll follow the game but skip the slagging

Feck, new bugs on this site again. My post appearing as a new post for me wtf?

Advertisement