Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

@thomil I was sorry to read of you being unwell above. As Mam said fair play for calling the ambulance. Don't overdo the work bit though. Hugs and mind yourself.

Caught between two warring factions: Pool Vs It'd. Tis very tense....

Putting kettle on for anyone who would like a cuppa

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'll take you up on the cuppa. Seeing rescue chopper out over the mouth of the corrib on radar has given me chills

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@thomil how are you doing now?

Sliding cuppa over Grem. Fancy anything with it? A little bit of ice cream and some strawberries?

Beautiful red sky here earlier but it seemed to get dark much earlier, definitely a feel of back to school/ summer over today,thought the traffic was much busier this morning also , I love Autumn but hate the thought of commuting in the dark.

On the couch with a throw wrapped around me, decided to take a day off tomorrow so really looking forward to a lie in. @thomil mind yourself, forget about work and just get some rest, hopefully you'll feel much better soon. x

• Advertisement

Nah thanks, trying to avoid the lovely sugary stuff. Boo. Salad and brown bread here, in fairness taasty af in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

@thomil Hope you’re feeling better and take it easy on the work front.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Big man hugs been sent your way...👍👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Waiting on Klopps interview, then bed , I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I actually said to one of my friends that tonight had a real "back to school" feel to it.

Evenings have definitely got darker , there didn't seem to be a gradual process there, just boom darkness.

• Advertisement

This site is wrecking my head again, half of my last post didn’t upload, my last post was new to me and the evenings are definitely darker 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

We have sparrows that roost in some bushes outside the house.

They disappeared in spring time to do what birds and the bees do I suppose. They don't nest there.

And now they are back for autumn. More everyday. There is a lot of chirping and fluttering until they settle down. It's like they all have a big chat before going to bed.

They have a MUCH better bedtime routine than me.

I need to get some supper and goto bed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Speaking of going someplace. Where is the pandemic? My little university town used to be so good social distancing and masking. Now I standout as one of the few still doing so.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh wtf is with boards, the frustration, posts out of order?

@Fathom i am back to masks on bus and always distancing due to irritability moreso than health 🤣

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,166 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Campus is strictly masking, distancing, and vax boosting. But our university town acts as if the plague is history. BA5 will love them to death.

Oh basically all rules gone here except masks in HSE buildings

Here do you still hear from Swannie?? Just realised it's been a while.

Morning one and all. Kettle on, quick cuppa anyone? Been out for a walk, slightly damp with a hint of autumn. Trying to clear my head of work crap but heading deskside...

@thomil hope you had a good sleep and that things look up for you today...

I'll never say no to tae!

Having T now and it's 1 minute to workies

• Advertisement

BOARDS IS BORKED I AM NOT AMUSED YES THIS IS MEANT TO BE IN CAPS

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in my home office, starting work for another day.

@thomil - plenty of bed rest and paracetamol is in order. Look after yourself.

Anniversaries of loved ones can be very hard. I have also lost both of my parents - my mum over 30 years ago now and my dad in 2015 - so I really empathise with you.

It’s a pain alright Grem, The humidity today is unreal, just back from a stroll 🐶

Well that was a tough morning. Kettle on for coffee, a very very strong one.Why is today only Tuesday???

It's Tuesday and a half now.

Lovely day.

Getting off the arse and going for a walk !

Does boards censor the arse word ? Will check after I post.

Might even get a coffee.

Psychologist appointment was another tough one. Sleep is quite a ways away so walkies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭thomil

Hey everyone,

still around here :) Got back from my GP just before lunch. My GP and I decided that a "Patton" approach to this infection was best: Hit 'em hard, Hit 'em often and keep hitting 'em until the bastards surrender or crumble!

Got two weapons-grade antibiotics prescribed, one external and one internal and I'm off until September.

Not really feeling that much better, to be honest, but I took my first does of antibiotics at lunch, so that's to be expected. Also, I slept so much during the day yesterday that the night was a nightmare. Still on a roller-coaster with my emotions but I'll get there. Grem, I feel ya, both with the sleep and the therapist, been through that mill myself.

To all the rest, thank you so much for just reaching out and asking how I am, whether on here on via DMs. This is a MASSIVE help for me. Hope y'all are taking care of yourselves as well, because y'all are bloody amazing! No Job, no career is worth your or anyone's physical or mental health!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

@thomil

"No Job, no career is worth your or anyone's physical or mental health!"

Definitely!

Getting some tea before taking my next task off the virtual conveyor belt.

Also, going to see if there is anything nice to go with that cup of tea.

@thomil Thanks for the update. Glad you and GP have gone for Patton approach. Rest up and sending a virtual cup of whatever you want. Hopefully you will be able to sit out on your balcony and enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen....my happy place....having a cheese and coleslaw sandwich while munching on a packet of cheese & onion crisps.....just took a rhubarb and apple crumble out of the oven 😋😋😋😋

Advertisement