Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

“Slides plate across”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Kids blood curdling screams next door. And dog going nuts.

Not sure if they are being eaten alive or playing. 🤣

Think it's play. Parents seem non plussed or maybe they've lost the will to live at this stage. 🤣

One big PITA about the nice weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Made a big pot of pasta with pesto, chopped up some chicken and added it too it . Cheap and cheerful and tasty 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

One of my personal favourites is a variation on your cheese theme - grated cheese (strong cheddar, and I mean take-roof-off-your-mouth strong), finely sliced spring onions, and the crisps, natch (can either be in sandwich for extra crunch, or to the side for dainty nibbles).

Was a family favourite packed for long car journeys, back when the kids were young. Blasting the Lightning Seeds album 'Jollification', all windows and sunroof open, everyone singing along ... was fun!

• Advertisement

We are all of a certain age/type round here. 😊

Was just playing "Lucky You" with the not so young kids in the car on Sunday. Jollification is a brilliant album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Taking a boards mini break.

Getting too anxious and hyper.

Time to give the screens a rest.

Have a nice rest of August ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Gifted you can forget that 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table....supping a coffee.....just completed Wordle on the 2nd attempt.....its told me I'm magnificent......

So there you have it....I'm Gifted the magnificent.....struts around empty kitchen while the yoke of a dog is looking at me with a puzzled look on her face 😁😁😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all on yet another beautiful sunny morning, I’m off to Dubai for the next 4 days, training they say, drinking I say :):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tae and a pastry in bed, thanks wifey 😊

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside in the home office, just getting another working day underway. GP appointment at 3pm but it's a pretty standard check up.

In other news - I got a phone call yesterday afternoon and was offered the position I had applied and interviewed for. Over the Moon! 😁😁😎🌈

@Gremlinertia enjoy 😊

@Jupiter36stupid @

@JupiterKid , congratulations 👏🎉

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Delighted for you! Is that going to be along current role or a change?.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It is in academia where in am based career-wise, but a more senior position and thankfully away from the current department where I work which has an egotistical Head of Dept. and an increasingly toxic work environment. Onwards and upwards! 👍️👍️

When I think back to 2015/16, when I was an out-of-work complete alcoholic mess with little to look forward to at the time except an early grave, I have come a long way in rebuilding my life and career in the years since.

Delighted for you so darling, onwards and upwards is right! Hope your OH is doing ok..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

@JupiterKid Congratulations! I'm delighted for you! How far you have come and still going further. Be very, very proud of yourself. Great that you're getting away from the toxic environment, too.

Hope this good news can give your OH a bit of an emotional lift.

Back in work after a few days off and guess what? Surprise surprise I think it's a load of shite 👌😁

• Advertisement

A bit of netflix and medication then some housework, such an adrenaline rush.. Peter Tatchell documentary for anyone curious on the netflix content, window and floor washing for housework.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭thomil

Okay, finally got my groceries delivered just now. Finally something else to drink besides tap water, yay 😃

That was the last of the major tasks for me to do organisation wise. The rest is pretty much run-of-the-mill-stuff, which means...

*looks at infected leg with maniacal laughter

It's all about you now dear. Say hello to my little friend😈

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Bloody hell how infected is it?. From a wound?

Out,enjoying the weather with Grumpy. Yesterday was a tough day. So far, so good today. But fuk me, I'm tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭thomil

Definitely visible. Right knee is swollen and red although things "might" be starting to go back to normal in some part. Not sue what caused it, but it happened pretty quickly. From nearly fine to battling with 40+ struggling to figure out what was real and not in two days without prior warning.

I think it may have been either from over-exertion when the elevators failed in our office building last week (we're on the 8th floor), from a slip and scratch in the bus on the way home, or a combination of both.

Either way, no more calls, visits or similar for the next couple of days... bliss...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Sounds like you were on the way to developing sepsis! Glad it's getting better. Keep a close eye on it, though.

Back home, Grumpy safety back in his recliner. Third load of washing out on line, fourth about to go in the machine and spud about to be thrown in the steamer. Cold drink in order. 😓 😓 😓

Jaysis all I've managed is the floors and the windows. Sardi you've put me to shame 🤣

Hate doing them, blasted streaks etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.

Quentin Crisp

Advertisement