Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

More of a 'you can leave your hat on' type?? :pac::D

I've no real opinion on hats, but the spectacles are always a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I've no real opinion on hats, but the spectacles are always a winner
    ..553389.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Night all :) Tired auto here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Dogs have data privacy rights too! :)

Perse's ears are burning.....
    :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Perse's ears are burning.....
    :D

Your arse will be burning with the hiding she's going to give you for that!!

• Advertisement

Your arse will be burning with the hiding she's going to give you for that!!

I'll be going into hiding for a few weeks anyways ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

She'll hunt you down *popcorn time*

She'll hunt you down *popcorn time*

Nah, she's gonna do a runaway bride..won't have time for me :P

Wut.

I was reclining on my chaise longue. One bronzed leg resting on the other when my "gobhìte radar" stirred in to action. Then I take a look and discover that it's just Shaka. Nothing to see here.

:p

• Advertisement

Hope your night is going well Grem :)

It's going! :pac: You're up early *hugs*

Toilet call :D heading back to sleep for another few hours :)

Oh good, thought you had a long day to put in, night night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

This popped up on my FB this morning.

553395.jpeg

This is my last day, homeward bound tomorrow :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Heading to cork today, to celebrate my grannys 101th birthday :D

Fine age! Celebrate well

Good to see you checking in :)

Mutt :) Oh he was a gorgeous puppy :) Enjoy yourself night owl :)

For you Grem :)

Kitchenside

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, home office, tipping away. Roadworks going on over the wall of the park.

Summer has now begun - and I dearly hope the coming weekend will reflect that after what has, so far, been a very lacklustre May in terms of weather.

Happy Tuesday all! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Summer has begun and the thunder rolls ...

Alternating between lovely warm sunshine and torrential rain with thunder here, currently the latter.

About to finish up a few bits for work and then break out the hoover and mop. Living the dream as always

Summer has begun and the thunder rolls ...

Alternating between lovely warm sunshine and torrential rain with thunder here, currently the latter.

About to finish up a few bits for work and then break out the hoover and mop. Living the dream as always

Did the Hoover and mop yesterday. Having a supremely lazy day today. I seem to be earning my Carer's Allowance on night shift lately and all the broken sleeps have caught up with me today.

Feckin HSE ransomware attack has resulted in Grumpy's outpatient appointment with the surgeon looking after his hernia has been cancelled. Will the thing ever be repaired!?

I'd say you're looking at up to 2 weeks of a delay...not a good time... Kerry patients yesterday & today couldn't travel to CUH for radium treatment

Oh sorry to hear that Sardi. I hope Grumpy's op get rescheduled soon.

Try to have a nap, broken sleep or a killer once it catches up with you.

I'd say you're looking at up to 2 weeks of a delay...not a good time... Kerry patients yesterday & today couldn't travel to CUH for radium treatment

It's an absolute scandal. Serious questions need to be asked and some serious accountability held for the IT systems, the back up protocol and security in the HSE. Is it true they are still running Windows 7 and XP? This is going to cost lives, I fear. I hope your work wifey is ok, Shaka.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's an absolute scandal. Serious questions need to be asked and some serious accountability held for the IT systems, the back up protocol and security in the HSE. Is it true they are still running Windows 7 and XP? This is going to cost lives, I fear. I hope your work wifey is ok, Shaka.

She's all finished her treatment, she's grand...we fell out big time 2 days ago...so mightn't be talking to her for quite a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Is it sad to be excited because I got my appointment for my vaccination?
    Crazy times we're in for sure :)

Not sad at all Mam. A few different friends of mine who got it have all said they didn't realise they were subconsciously waiting for it or at all worried until a sense of relief hit them afterwards. Which I thought was an interesting way of putting it. Hope you get called soon.

Couchside about to head to an appointment to get my eyebrows and nails done. I'm pretty excited about that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Crazy times? Fooking bonkers times! I'm excited about being able to register for mine from tomorrow.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭wildwillow

It gives a great sense of freedon, with a little hint of caution.

Take it easy afterwards for a while.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Crazy times? Fooking bonkers times! I'm excited about being able to register for mine from tomorrow.:D

Mad isn't it?
    Mine is next Monday here !

Wildwillow, thank you , son said Ma , tell them all not to be ringing you on Monday to do this that or the other , you're taking it easy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Fine age! Celebrate well
    Good to see you checking in :)
    Autosport wrote: »
    Mutt :) Oh he was a gorgeous puppy :) Enjoy yourself night owl :)

For you Grem :)

Kitchenside

Thanks guys :) day went ok although is heartbreaking to see her forget who I am etc

Just got the news I'll be getting my second vaccine on Thursday, a few weeks earlier than expected, but yay anyway :)

One very active dog here :D

Good to hear Night Owl :)

Autosport wrote: »
    One very active dog here :D

Good to hear Night Owl :)

Alfie has a face!!!! :pac:

Miserable evening here, I feel an early night coming on.

Oh that he does :D I can really only take his photo when he sleeps as he doesn’t like his photo being taken :) Most of his photos are when he’s walking or lifting the leg ;):D

Sun is starting to shine here now after a day of thunder and lightning :)

• Advertisement

I'm fighting a battle between the oil tank and the weather. The 1500 litres is rapidly approaching 15 litres, but the weather is still insisting on at least 150 litres. Once again I can see the heating being required into June and then a battle to fill the tank before the end of September. We truly are working for the man and our reward is existence.:D As for the weather.....there is very very little to be happy about unless Penny's being open, floats your boat.:D

This not so positive report was brought to you by Channel G news.:D

I'm fighting a battle between the oil tank and the weather. The 1500 litres is rapidly approaching 15 litres, but the weather is still insisting on at least 150 litres. Once again I can see the heating being required into June and then a battle to fill the tank before the end of September. We truly are working for the man and our reward is existence.:D As for the weather.....there is very very little to be happy about unless Penny's being open, floats your boat.:D

This not so positive report was brought to you by Channel G news.:D

It's annoying isn't it?
    The evenings definitely are cool and heat is needed . I try get 1-2 drums a week , keep it topped up , not as much to hand out in one go that way ! In saying that , will get a delivery of firewood in two weeks or so , my stockpile is practically empty :)

It's annoying isn't it?
    The evenings definitely are cool and heat is needed . I try get 1-2 drums a week , keep it topped up , not as much to hand out in one go that way ! In saying that , will get a delivery of firewood in two weeks or so , my stockpile is practically empty :)

I bought the oil cheap last year and filled up. Then I failed to use my drums to top up like I'd normally do. Gonna be a summer of drums and maybe a small fill to keep the show on the road Mam. Its always something. :D I just moan about it for a few mins and laugh my arse off. I'm laughing all day with the things that go wrong. Feck it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Here's a funny story for you cold creatures like myself.
    I was in a house share once and we rented a room on a short let to an Australian girl.
    I sent around a group chat one day to say we needed to buy oil so everyone needs to cough up X euro.
    The crater had no idea and asked if I was talking about olive oil..
    She never had to incur an oil heating bill before.
    We'd have so much more money if we lived in a warm country. There should be a subsidiary grant for heating in northern countries :D

To thine own self be true

I bought the oil cheap last year and filled up. Then I failed to use my drums to top up like I'd normally do. Gonna be a summer of drums and maybe a small fill to keep the show on the road Mam. Its always something. :D I just moan about it for a few mins and laugh my arse off. I'm laughing all day with the things that go wrong. Feck it!:D

Lol , same here G , laugh at the **** that happens , then get on with things :pac:

Purple Mountain, olive oil :D

• Advertisement

We'd have so much more money if we lived in a warm country. There should be a subsidiary grant for heating in northern countries :D

Great story PM. Sure what would a newly arrived Aussie know about nearly all year heating in Ireland? Fook all!:D We heat our homes constantly for at least 9 months of the year. We had Brazilian neighbours many moons ago and my heart went out to them in Winter. I had to bleed their oil burner and then introduce them to drums of kero and the art of dipping the tank. They survived the crazy snow in 2010. Gave me 4 cases of Coors Light for the favour.:D
    Lol , same here G , laugh at the **** that happens , then get on with things :pac:

Purple Mountain, olive oil :D

Ah it's mad what we get upset/uptight with these days Mam. The last 12 months don't come close to what I've experienced in the last 6 years.:eek: I was rared on getting on with things and I'm not even that old to be considered an oul crusty either!

I'm not even that old to be considered an oul crusty either!

Lol, I can nearly work out a lot of your vintage now by your vaccine appointments :D

Lol, I can nearly work out a lot of your vintage now by your vaccine appointments :D

Lol ,.mines in writing here in one forum :D

Mrs G on Friday in the Midland.:D

We all know not to take what you write as gospel, Mam of FOUR :p
    You're probably 29 trying to pass yourself off as a cougar :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Give her a good hug:)
    Couchside watching some tv with a coke.
    Mam, good luck with the vaccine, getting through the population quickly

Do you get a choice in what vaccine you get? I'm sure I read you could and the Pfizer one seems to be the preferred option for many.

Off to check when I can register!

Do you get a choice in what vaccine you get? I'm sure I read you could and the Pfizer one seems to be the preferred option for many.

Off to check when I can register!
    Didn't you say you got yours 2 months ago in another thread when your portal was open??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Not sad at all. I can register on Friday and Mr Sam on Sunday. Feeling that there is an end to all this madness.

Excellent Grandeeod , delighted for her !

Purple , dammit , you see straight through all my ruses :p

Votecounts , thank you , and yes , they seem to be going through the groups fairly quick , thankfully !

Leggy , no option to choose here afaik, the text says which one you'll receive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement