Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That's the thing, takes the weight off even temporarily

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So gad Witchie,

Wish mine could be lifted even a little.. You give me hope

The only place I am going is the gate to leave a parcel out for our wonderful postman to take to thePost Office...Knitteds to Canada to be sold for baby milk for India, Little enough I can do but I can knit,

Oh if the rain holds off a ramble down the lane for blackberries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,168 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil this is my last one, heading back home today.

Miss this guy :):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Feet walked off me, think straight to bed today.

The first day of a five day week ugh. I just want to disappear to a land of bed and food and Netflix. Le sigh

Oh gawd I've a five starting Thursday too 😭

Home is where the heart is.. in the clouds as well!

Not going nowhere nohow,, and If I have said that already; old folk DO that... all done for going..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

@smurfjed Harare? Interesting place, I presume...

Back at work in the home office here. Just going through the 1400 unread emails that came in during my absence! 😵

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Feck all the emails into the bin - the important ones will get back in touch with you!

Waiting for the postman.. IF it is a new one he will not know the system re outgoing mail,,, so if there is no post for me ( long drive to my home) If that is so then I take it back in * rain due) and wait till tomorrow..) ROOOOOOUTINE or whenever he comea again. It is windy but would not have thought bad enough

Post edited by Graces7 on

OK! He came, and left .... hmmm. mail needing action as email today does, BUT the parcel and letter are OFF AND AWAY,, and that is me finished with the world out there.. and exhausted! SO FIDDLY.. Feeeling my age these days.. shorter days beginning to have effect.

Now where is my knitting!!!

I feel like I'm actually in an episode of Glenroe. If Stephen Brennan walks in I'm out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Well, Holy God!

Small triumph today, Home help was running late, so got Grumpy out of bed myself. First time he's been able to do that with help from just one person since he came home. He's gradually emerging from the fog, he even got his flirt on with the carer this morning 😃 .

In other news, I'm cooking up a migraine. Booooooh.

Gonna get the rice cooker going, having spicy gougons, veg, rice and sirachai sauce for me dindins

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, deskside, busy as always on a Monday morning.

Given my notice of my leaving to the Head of Dept and starting the process of wrapping up all my affairs here.

Feels very Autumnal today.

You really are too good are this :):) Place looks interesting and people are very nice, I really hope they drag themselves upwards.

All the lovely folk here! So relieved all is done here as can .... crash ,, with no worries! We get three postal deliveries a week , weather allowing. But really most is done by email these days..

I've decided to christen today national avoidance day or the big hide day. 👍

• Advertisement

I second that motion...

...if I can do so remotely without having to meet anyone face to face 🙃

Love it! Thought you were referring to me at first as that is my lifestyle TOTALLY out here...

National avoidance day is going great. Might have a parade later 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Is that the type of parade where no one shoes up because of the rain?

Dinner nearly ready. Nom nom. Hope Grumpy stays snoozing long enough for me to snaffle it up 🤞

Need a hug ..

I decided to check on the progress of a local issue with a certain law force.. to be subjected to a very personal and unprofessional tirade Thought they were supposed to be objective.. ,,, so I reported them to the relevant ombudsman, Well it explains why a situation here has not been sorted!!!! And submiitted the relevant forms and closed down my email etc, and will take very early night.

Is it just me or is the whole world ANGRY? I just cannot take it seriously any more...

((HUGS))

The world has definitely gotten more short-tempered and cynical over the last few years. You can definitely feel it everywhere. Not sure whether it's the pandemic or the influence of social media, but people definitely have shorter fuses!

On a separate note, we just got an atmospheric power-wash over here. I've rarely seen rain that strong before. I hope that it'll remain dry for the next 20 minutes as I need to get some new bandages for my leg...

Half asleep already.. been a very strange day..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry (not sorry) to be rubbing it in but hello from Italy. Melting here and just heading for aperitif! 🥂

Sure beats what I’d normally be doing on a Monday 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sweet suffering mother of Jesus will someone make it stop????

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

• Advertisement

Oh yeah get it into ya Cynthia 👌🥂

Love Italy. One of my favourite places. Enjoy

Advertisement