Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

Thanks so much @Graces7 ☺️ Your messages really mean a lot to me.

Sitting in A&E, waiting for whatever comes next. Honestly, I was expecting the place to be in total chaos, but don’t think I’ve ever seen a calmer emergency department…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Calm before the storm...wait until the weekend and it will be manic.

Hope you get on well today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mind yourself Thomil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Hope they get to you soon @thomil and sort you out properly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@thomil - take care and please take it easy. As they say, your health is your wealth.

Just about to have lunch at our new hotel just outside Estepona on the Costa del Sol, then hitting the swimming pool and maybe the beach later. We bid hasta manana to Almunecar yesterday afternoon and drove 145km westwards on the amazing A7 motorway via Malaga to stay at this wonderful resort hotel for the next 8 days.

OH was driving the rental car that we picked up in Almunecar yesterday and is pretty unhappy at the way it drives and the fact that the type of car the rental firm told us we’d be getting wasn’t the actual one delivered to the hotel. He is a complete car lover and knows his cars inside and out. The rental car agent was a bit of a chancer, I must admit. He intends to have the car changed at their office in Marbella later today. He’s not a happy bunny!

We were last on the Costa del Sol back in 2005 and plan to revisit Mijas, maybe Ronda and hopefully see Gibraltar for the first time.

Complete scorcher of a day yesterday - 31 in the shade but too hot for sunbathing and we were in transit in any case. 🚘 ☀️☀️☀️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watched Chase the case ( quiz show on bbc2) for the first and last time . Heap of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Last time before I came out here that I was to a and e it was like an old folks club! All sitting round for hours chatting! Last time I was there from here was very different! Red and white bird and high drama... Very safe though. As soon as the 999 lady heard where I was/and what the issue was the chopper was alerted. It arrived as we reached the helipad ( Offshore island)

Hope you get seen soon and successsfully . Blessings and peace from here to there,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hey @thomil ... Hope you get good news !

Visiting someone who's very close on her long term stay in the public hospital today too.

Must say the place was clean, quiet and very relaxed. It does help that it's a lovely sunny day and calm and Tuesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Thinking of you @thomil.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Off to the hospital to visit Grumpy, now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Gotta love dublin pub crawls, passed my class one medical this morning and got vaccinated to hell for my trip. So now it’s time to wander the streets of Dublin City.

Ballybough - Bridge Tavern

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Enjoy your travels @smurfjed and @JupiterKid

Best of luck @thomil and @Sardonicat

Home for the night 👍🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳

Enjoy. The best pubs in the world are in Dublin still.

Bloody cat, caught a sparrow at night time, just now. So either he plucked it out of the bush while it was roosting or it couldn't fly and was grounded. He rarely catches birds. And he has a bright collar and bell.

Did a dead sparrow for milk swap with the cat. Sparrow now in compose bin.

If it wasn't for a myriad of reasons I'd be out on the pub crawl too @smurfjed

👍

Just in the leaba, I'm going out tomorrow night for 2 drinks and grub, the excitement. 🙄

Are you going in the show “The Farmer wants a wife” 👍😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Enjoy Duvet, have one for me 😊

Bed and Netflix here . Exciting life 😊

Never heard of it, it definitely wouldn't be for me, too much hard work. 😁

It was on an ad during MAFS 😉😄 I thought of you immediately

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Had a wonderful day settling in at our new, very classy and luxurious hotel in Estepona. 😁😁😎☀️☀️

Heading to see Gibraltar on Thursday, also planning to meet a good mate who has moved to Seville over the coming days too.

Awww.. I always buried them with a rock atop...But then we have no compost bins or any bins out here..

Far far away on the wings of the wind..far far! to where there is peace and rest..

Really don't want to get up.🙄

👍I'll bury the bird later. Was too late last night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope all y'all are ok there. @thomil and @Sardonicat thinking of ye both

😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone. Apologies for dropping off the radar yesterday and leaving you hanging, but things ended up moving extremely quickly: Seen by my doctor at 10.30, seen by head of department at 12, surgery prep discussion at 2 PM, into surgery at 4 PM and into recovery at 6PM. Night was horrible, but what can you do? From the looks of it, I’ll be in here at least until Friday.

To be honest, apart from the atrocious food, the HSE continues to impress. This isn’t the first time I’ve been in hospital, but it’s the first time I actually feel cared for!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Glad you’re getting looked after 😊

Advertisement