Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

@thomil Whoah! I don't think you you were expecting that! You must be reeling. Hope your recovery is quick. The rest will do you good 👍 so take advantage of it. Sympathy re the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

I certainly wasn’t! I went in expecting a few tests and maybe some quick work with local friends anaesthesia, but certainly not a full-blown surgery.

Either way, I’m on the other side of it now. Biggest issue now is that I’m confined to bed right now, which I hate. Spending all day in bed sounds great, until you have no choice…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I enjoy my bed days!

And any food I have not had to prepare is a treat for me.. But then both the hospitals I have been in have had their own kitchens. and I eat simply... The days will soon pass... Be well!

@thomil , no it's horrible BUT they don't prescribe (and it is prescribed!) bed rest lightly these days so please try and stick with it until they give the green light to get moving again. Don't push yourself, I can tell that's in your nature and its hard for you to do nothing (I'm not afflicted with that disposition 😆 ) Believe me, as soon as its safe for you to start moving they'll be lighting a fire under your ass so try and enjoy the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I remember that summer in Dublin, and the Liffey as it stank like hell.

This will always be home.

Riddle me this, why are Manhattan only sold in pubs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Spar (maybe others) sell that size and other supermarkets sell the larger size. They're very salty so perfect with beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Wow @thomil that was a bit of a mad day, but hopefully, now you will see the end of these leg issues and be fighting fit in no time. Take it handy while you can and heal well.

I am procrastinating all day when I have so much work to do. Am heading to Edinburgh tomorrow to babysit my wee dote of a niece on Saturday while my sister and her hubby go to a wedding. Then on Sunday and Monday I get to meet up with 5 of my friends from my time in Albania who are all in the 'burgh at the same time. Looking forward to it!

Speedy recovery @thomil, I hope this clears it up once and for all.

We're going to send @[Deleted User] over to help, she's a very gentle nurse ...

• Advertisement

I’d take it in a heartbeat if it got me out of here faster. There’s something wrong with my phone & tablet charger and I can’t get out of bed to figure out what’s going on. I’m isolated enough as it is, I don’t need this type of BS on top of it. Honestly, I just want to go home as soon as I can, as good as the staff are…

@thomil ...jeez, that was unexpected, probably better in a way, done and dusted and hopefully a speedy recovery. x

Leggy, I'm just waiting for Mam to return my lycra nurses outfit , think she has my thermometer also..🤔😁

@thomil what was the operation for?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,917 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@[Deleted User] , that's the last thing @thomil would want to see walking into his hospital room , me in Lycra! That'd be a massive setback!

Hope you're out and about soon Thomil. Is there anyone that can sort out the charger for you?

Infection in my right leg. Been dealing with it for a month. Turns out that there was a massive cavity underneath the skin with all kinds of nasties. I’ll spare you the details. That was operated on and cleared out yesterday. Now it’s all about getting the wound to heal…

Thing is I can walk just fine, but they want me to rest in bed for I don’t know how long…

Is the wound packed? Extreme caution required here because you don't want a secondary infection to start, or an ulcer.

What do you mean by packed? Apologies but my English medical vocabulary isn’t where I’d like it to be. They opened the cavity, removed all debris and inserted antibiotics-drenched gauze to kill any remaining bacteria.That’s supposed to come out tomorrow, together with the drainage tube…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Wrecked.

Did not sleep very well last night.

Today has being trying to get 1 thing done while doing 3 other things at the same time.

That's packed, as in gauze packed into the wound. I'm sure there's a correct medical term but I don't know it.

That sounds like a really nasty infection, you need to follow all advice because an open wound is a welcome sign for bacteria.

You're lucky you got it checked again, that could have lead to septicaemia.

Wrecked here too. I have a slightly upset stomach and actually got sick in my mouth out of the blue when sitting on the loo taking care of the other end of things.

Apologies for the visual images that's going to conjure up! 😛🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I was just about to say watch out for sepsis.

You don't have to answer but how did you pick up the infection?

@Princess Calla Honestly, I’m not quite sure. I know that a day before I started feeling sick, the elevators failed in the building where I work. Our offices are on the eighth floor and I’m not used to walking up and down that many flights of stairs, so that would have put quite a bit of strain on my knees to start with. In addition, I had a fall in the bus on the way home when the driver had to hit the brakes. It wasn’t even a big fall, but I must have grazed my right leg somewhere. My suspicion is that the combination of an already stressed leg and a small influx of bacteria due to the fall was enough to trigger this whole escapade. Some previously undiscovered damage from the fall back in Munich might also have had an effect.

On a more positive note, the charger situation is sorted, at least on my phone. Note to self: Your next phone will be a foldable…

You better rest up! I don't want to get all Nurse Ratchett on you! You need to rest to clear the infection, as others have pointed out, you're at high risk of developing sepsis. It sounds like you got pretty close already.

All sounds heading towards healing, thomil... Good news,,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Jesus that's some dose! I remember you mentioning the fall alright.

As others have said, rest up and look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thomil I'm rooting for your speedy and full recovery.

You must have got an awful fright.

I'm all up for the Cork hook up when we're all back on track again 🤗

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

What's going on in here? I hope you're leaving enough room for the Holy Spirit!

• Advertisement

Jesus, I’d be up for a few spirits right about now, holy or otherwise 😏🥃

Might not play too well with the antibiotics though💉💉💊😵‍💫

Advertisement