Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil delighted to hear that you got home, did they at least give you a packed meal to go ?

Complete change of scenery, listening to monkeys as they climb through the trees throwing fruit to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It's quarter to Friday.

😝

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am so discombobulated, I'm off tomorrow to add to the confusion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just in from.out with Grumpy. Lovely to get a bit of fresh air into him. He's back to his usual snoring. Time to get his dinner going.

Very sleepy myself today. I stayed up late to watch the last 3 episodes of "Our Friends in The North" and am now contemplating the terrifying fact that I was the same age as the main characters in episode 2 when I first watched it and I've caught up with them in the final episode now. On first viewing it the word I would have used to describe them was "old".Time waits for none of us. I don't feel like I've reached my final episode, tbough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Thanks all 🤗 Just made it home an hour ago. Paperwork took longer than expected and they didn’t want to let me go without a confirmed outpatient appointment. That meant I stayed over lunch, nothing packed here @smurfjed 😉

@Leg End Reject Not sure, but I‘m seriously thinking of changing mine to Step and a Half 🙃

Now, to evict the contents of the fridge, dispose of that rotten DropChef parcel that arrived just as I was being carted into the operating theatre and get my prescription and a few essentials. After that, it‘ll be sweet Foxtrot Alpha until after the weekend!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I'm heading out shortly for grub and 2 drinks, no mind for it but I'm making myself go as I'm going to grow roots on the couch if I don't motivate somehow.

Much nicer day here today, I was frozen solid yesterday but sunny and warm atm, all the seasons this week.

Delighted you're home @thomil , I'd have no problem resting for a few days , that would be my ideal life.☺️😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Really happy to hear that you are out of hospital and planning on taking it easy at home, Thomil. 👍👍😊

Our flight from Malaga was delayed by over an hour last night and we were stuck in sweltering heat waiting to board at the departure gate after checking in and getting through security. OH was very annoyed and I was worried he’d let rip at the ground crew when we did finally board but he held his tongue after I calmed him down. 😁 Once onboard, flight went smoothly but we didn’t land in Dublin until 1.45am and were shattered after a very long day. As soon as we got home at 3.00am we went straight to bed and got up at 2pm after a much needed long slumber.

Have still to unpack my stuff and had a ton of work emails waiting for me this afternoon - stuff to still wrap up with the old job, and starting off at the new job where I will have to hit the ground running. 🏃 🏃

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

@thomil have you any friends or neighbours that could do a shop for you?

You're bound to be weak and disorientated for a few days.

If you need to extend your cert past Wednesday, don't make any apologies.

To thine own self be true

Take away tonight @thomil and get a shopping delivery tomorrow.

Glad you had a lovely holiday @JupiterKid . You both badly needed that break.

@Gremlinertia , booby hugs. Hope things calm down for you soon.

• Advertisement

I‘ve gotten the essentials in and I‘ll put out a large SuperValu delivery order either later today or early tomorrow. The weird thing is that I feel absolutely fine. If it wasn’t for that cavity in my leg where the infection was, I‘d be fully back to normal. As it is, that thing is packed with some silver-laced long-lasting gauze and wrapped up tight to facilitate healing.

@Sardonicat Nah, no takeaway. Pulling something out of the freezer for tonight and will only be cooking quick meals until next week. I did need to fill up on some essentials today, such as milk, bread and some other small stuff, as well as pick up my antibiotics from Boots. The bus ride home was much more strenuous than the shop, bloody college students and pensioners 🤬🤬🤬

I am pretty tired admittedly, but I think that’s more due to the three snoring machines in my room and the antique hospital bed I was on since Saturday…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

@thomil if I was close to Cork I'd have volunteered as chauffeur to get you home, hope you sleep well tonight.

Welcome home @JupiterKid, no heatwave here!

Romantic or nightmare, what do you think ?

Those Gorillas sure have come a long way since that movie with Sigourney Weaver. They have their own rooms now with mosquito nets !

😝

Taking a boards break.

I'm going round in circles here and everywhere.

Have a good weekend.

👍

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

@Mam of 4 just polished off a dunnes choc chip muffin.

@smurfjed nightmare!

@thomil hope you're feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Waiting for pizza and garlic bread.....

I've decided that tomorrow night I'm getting a Satay fried rice, prawn toast and prawn crackers. Haven't had that in well over a year !

@Sardonicat enjoy .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It was very delicious!

When I got into the car today it was very toasty. I can still pick up wifi in the car from the house. Camping in the car is looking like an option 😂 house is Baltic 🥶🥶🥶

• Advertisement

They're well worth the €2.50 , glad you liked it!

Hope you warm up soon 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 17,046 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I opened the ESB bill online earlier. I'm still shook.

Yea I think camping out in the car with a hot water bottle and 3 duvets might be on the cards this winter to keep snug 😏

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hey how do you know all that!!!! No luck and I rattled a jar of dry food... Next time my neighbour calls I wll get an update.. But with the breakdown in the weather if he is a stray he may well come in from the wet anyways.

Please let the working day go fast today 🙏

@Ilovethe bonesofyou2 Been there, done that /hugs. Hang in there, every minute gets you closer to the weekend 🤗

Couchside over here. Was woken up by the doorbell. My employer has sent over a care package to help me recover 🥹

I guess I can scratch chocolate off my shopping list 😉 Seriously though, apart from the sheer mass of chocolate, it’s just nice to get little pick-me-ups like this 😊

Also, it’s remarkable just how much better you sleep when you’re in your own bed, don’t have three people snoring in the same room and don’t have new mystery patients wheeled into the room in the middle of the night…

Ah so sorry.. I am greatly in credit with ESB amazingly. And deeply grateful for the free ESB in the months to come for some of us.

Welcome home thomil.. Yes you will enjoy the peace after hospital... Rest up a while

• Advertisement

@thomil that's lovely! Nice to know you're appreciated. Hope that leg is elevated and your ar§e is firmly planted on something soft.

Advertisement