Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

thomil wrote: »
    Hey, don't stop me now! You know as well as I do that it's a kind of magic.

That being said, I expect some sort of reaction and am currently waiting for the Hammer to Fall. You could say I'm Under Pressure :pac:

My inner Freddy says I'm going slightly mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) Beautiful sunny morning here and of course the boss is ready for his walk :)

Happy Hump Day!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Up with the lark, well for me that is.. Feels like another suncream day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Up with the lark, well for me that is.. Feels like another suncream day.

Good afternoon Grem :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Streeeeeessssss.

Finally getting into the shower, having been up for hours. Don't know who needs a mood tranquilizer more - me or Grumpy. I might suggest tossing a coin for it.....

How's Limpy Gimpy today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Deadly craic in work earlier.
    I'm gonna change names here just to play safe...

So we're all sitting around stopped for a cuppa and the news is on the radio. It comes on that "Drew Harris has said there could easily have been a loss of life following last night's gun attack in Blanchardstown........"
    All of a sudden Trish blurts out "I'm always telling yee about the sea gull issue in Dublin and none of yee ever believe me".
    So there's a brief silence and then Peter speaks up and says "What the fcuk are you talking about Trish? What has seagulls got to do with anything here?"
    And she replies "sure yer man said it there now on the radio there could have been someone killed after another gull attack"

Oh the laughs, one of the lads lost half a mouthful of his scone laughing :D

One of the others explained it to her eventually after. Fookin magic though. She'll need a few days to live that one down :pac:

In fairness to.her, I've seen gulls swooping down on people on O'Connell St. Brazen feckers with no fear.

Even more stress here. Off for an emergency appointment with the opthamolpgist in half an hour. Someone decided it might be a good idea to tell me he had double vision since he woke up an hour ago.

Can I have valium and boobie hugs, please?

Home. All is well. Nothing of any concern detected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Home. All is well. Nothing of any concern detected.

He's on the poitin on the sly? :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

All's well, went to my workplace and hung around for 90 minutes to see if I could make anyone nervous....it worked :D
    Home now, and the walk didn't kill me for once.... have another x-ray on Tues and then the decision will be made on surgery or no.
    I think I'll have some wine tonight .... United game on tv

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, working away.

Very productive morning so knocking off early and taking a long walk in the park. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Be right back

Killarney (tis good to be back)

He's on the poitin on the sly? :D

No, but I'm not far off it at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lovely sunny day, does wonders for the mood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting in the car in the evening sun , it's gorgeous here now . Roll on sunny warm days .

The Living Years on the radio , great song lyrics .

• Advertisement

I'm in bed with the curtains closed :p

That sounds awful but I'm just bollixsed tired. My head is all noisy. I do have a glass of raspberry gin and pink lemonade beside me though. One of those ready made cans from Aldi. It's like a fizzy drink! :D

Aren't you handy with gardens Leg? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

All you lovely lucky people in the sun, it's cloudy and chilly here. Hiding out inside.

To thine own self be true

I'm in bed with the curtains closed :p

That sounds awful but I'm just bollixsed tired. My head is all noisy. I do have a glass of raspberry gin and pink lemonade beside me though. One of those ready made cans from Aldi. It's like a fizzy drink! :D

Aren't you handy with gardens Leg? :p
    I can arm wrestle a lawnmower if that's any use?

All you lovely lucky people in the sun, it's cloudy and chilly here. Hiding out inside.

I've no doubt it'll cloud over here too PM , I'm now home with the heating on ..

I can arm wrestle a lawnmower if that's any use?

Alas if it were only that simple. We have the most shameful back garden on our road. Neighbours have swinging chairs and flowerbeds and decking. We have weeds growing up through paving slabs and two manky auld plastic chairs.

You can weed! :D

• Advertisement

Alas if it were only that simple. We have the most shameful back garden on our road. Neighbours have swinging chairs and flowerbeds and decking. We have weeds growing up through paving slabs and two manky auld plastic chairs.

B_H, at your service. Clearing, composting & planting. Look no further, I'll undercut the cousins any day and most of your garden furniture won't up on the black market.

I can weed, but you'll need to kill the weeds and replace the sand between the paving slabs. Keep on top of any weeds that regrow then.

If you're not into gardening start planting in planters and pots, a mix of evergreens and seasonal flowers etc. Forget the decking, the weather here is too wet for it. Nice garden furniture, some lights and bits and bobs and just add alcohol then.

I type this with a side eye on my own garden, so maybe seek more expert advice ... :p

I can weed, but you'll need to kill the weeds and replace the sand between the paving slabs. Keep on top of any weeds that regrow then.

If you're not into gardening start planting in planters and pots, a mix of evergreens and seasonal flowers etc. Forget the decking, the weather here is too wet for it. Nice garden furniture, some lights and bits and bobs and just add alcohol then.

I type this with a side eye on my own garden, so maybe seek more expert advice ... :p

Weeds are the most resourceful opportunists this side of the legal profession. Especially those tap roots (dandelions), I have a bone to pick with them. Tried spraying and burning, they keep regenerating. And then the dreaded moss, disperse organic cleanlawn (tm) on the grass twice yearly to keep it at bay...washing powder set down on driveway patches, followed by a sweep/high powered blaster within days. Rockier gardens tie better with shrubs, conventional ones there's scope to create bedding for flowers. Hit your local garden centre - petunias, begonias, geraniums and violas are ready for liberation from confined boxes. When planting keep away from lawn fringe and space apart six inches as they expand over summer. Mix in fresh compost, finishing up sprinkle handful of slug pellets so leaves won't be pockmarked with bites. Windowsills and any other useful space for displays - trays, pots and hanging baskets for a touch of colour. Water these every two days during dry warm weather. That's all I know, which is the square root of f-all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Absofookinglutely.:D

I brought my Dad out for a walk and then back to my gaff and made him eggs, beans and chips with bread and butter and a mug of tea.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Absofookinglutely.:D

I brought my Dad out for a walk and then back to my gaff and made him eggs, beans and chips with bread and butter and a mug of tea.

How's he getting on G ?
    All positive I hope ?

It's bad when you're planning in your own head that hopefully the weekend will be a great time to cut the grass again :eek:
    Tis still wet atm .

BH can tackle the weeds, I'll tackle your bush

You'd be fairly harmless with all your ailments though. :D

You'd be fairly harmless with all your ailments though. :D

Nothing wrong with my hands.......yet :D

Nothing wrong with my hands.......yet :D

Hang on until I get the voodoo doll back out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭thomil

This thread is back to its old form, I see :D

Republic of Balconia here, enjoying the sun with a cold beer.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Super chilled in bed, after a long walk in the Phoenix Park, basking in the splendid warm sunshine. :)

Whilst on my sylvan sojourn, I phoned my aunt to check on my uncle who had a stroke two weeks ago. I had last called her a few days ago. Good news and a good prognosis for recovery, but it will take time.

Ambient music playing on the headphones post wacky baccy smoking... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    How's he getting on G ?
    All positive I hope ?

All good! Over three weeks in and walking without crutches, slowly, but getting there quickly. Thanks for asking Mam.

That's great news G , he won't know himself when he's fully recovered and free from pain , a new lease of life for him :)

Enjoying last of the sun here...
    Today is my late father's anniversary, so I took my mother out for a walk; we went to the end of Dun Laoghaire pier and as a random inappropriate treat each drank mini bottles of champagne with straws out by the lighthouse, looking over at Howth and laughing at mad stories about him. It was lovely. And we giggled all the way back home :) Don't know where I got her from :pac::pac::pac:

Such a lovely way to remember his anniversary, and celebrate the wonderful memories ye have Cali :)

Shaka!! *fans self*

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Beautiful full moon tonight, so I’m expecting this thread to go wild :)

Just back from a Brazilian BBQ restaurant, all you can eat BEEF :):)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Beautiful full moon tonight, so I’m expecting this thread to go wild :)

And that explains a great deal about why today is going the way it is. I'm still up for valium, if anyone has got any.

And that explains a great deal about why today is going the way it is. I'm still up for valium, if anyone has got any.

I have one but it's a shìte dose.

I feel rotten. Sore jaws, sore head, sore ears and worse of all no appetite for my wine.

I dare not think it. I must not think it. It couldn't possibly be.......I couldn't possibly have finally succumbed................................................:(

• Advertisement

I feel rotten. Sore jaws, sore head, sore ears and worse of all no appetite for my wine.

I dare not think it. I must not think it. It couldn't possibly be.......I couldn't possibly have finally succumbed................................................:(

Pregnant?!
    Oooh wouldn't it be luverly!

B_H, at your service. Clearing, composting & planting. Look no further, I'll undercut the cousins any day and most of your garden furniture won't up on the black market.

The cousins Bertie??

Pregnant?!
    Oooh wouldn't it be luverly!

Wut. No. You shut your bad mouth!! *angry face*

Certainly am not preggers. You will end up putting a jinx on yourself. Mammy always used to say Mockings Catching. A mini Shaka from back in the day will end up coming out of the woodwork. "Hi daddy"!

OMG it could be me!! You are old enough to be my dad.

Nooo?! You've been vaccinated, no?

Nooo?! You've been vaccinated, no?

I have been. One shot of AZ back in March.

Its my sinuses acting up I think and I've had two nights in a row with poor sleep. Everything starts to go a bit funny when I don't get enough sleep.

Certainly am not preggers. You will end up putting a jinx on yourself. Mammy always used to say Mockings Catching. A mini Shaka from back in the day will end up coming out of the woodwork. "Hi daddy"!

Go you have a Gimpy Leg?

• Advertisement

Voodoo dolls, grievous bodily harm, injuries, hints at secret offspring or pregnancies, is this the wherer's thread or Eastenders? :eek:

The joys of firing blanks...ain't ever happening :D

thomil wrote: »
    Voodoo dolls, grievous bodily harm, injuries, hints at secret offspring or pregnancies, is this the wherer's thread or Eastenders? :eek:

I AM your Mutha!

I AM your Mutha!

You certainly have the right attitude, Lady Vader...

Go you have a Gimpy Leg?

If I were a man I could say I have a gimpy penis :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement