Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

That's one of the things I miss about Germany: an IKEA in every major urban centre. We used to have semi-regular family trips there: Stroll through the showrooms, followed by lunch before hitting the downstairs area and the clearance/bargain bin area, usually the most dangerous part of the whole trip 😁 We NEVER got out of there empty-handed and 95% of my first flat's furniture came from IKEA. Ahh, the good old times...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I tend to fly solo....the idea of it being a family affair makes the blood run cold.

Plus small car so will need the passenger seat free to put stuff in between passenger and driver seat.....way too lazy to remove kids car seats and fold down backseat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

There would be the occasional flare-up of tensions alright, running the gamut from diplomatic hostilities to WW3, so I get where you're coming from. But my mom would never let dad into IKEA alone, with good reason, and both needed someone to do the heavy lifting. Hell, I got free food, entertainment, and quite a lot of stuff for my flat out of the deals, so why not? 😁

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

My fat ass read that as flapjack and I drifted, Homer Simpson style, to the land of Flapjack, where buildings are made of gingerbread and sweets, and MDF furniture is Medium Density Flapjack ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

As the day goes on , being found under a pile of flapjacks is the more likely outcome....or at least flapjack crumbs!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Think the winter coat is needed today. It's been a wild wild west kind of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lovely day in the east. Long walk today for me. Little Sugar Loaf to Great Sugar Loaf and back. It was either that or go crazy at home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyone going near a mountain here today would want their head examined, totally different weather either side of the country! Heard the rescue helicopter coming in from the islands earlier, hairy run I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Been wild in Kerry, too. Incredible thunder and lightning this morning. Fairly calm at the moment but the showers are biblical when they hit

Was a beautiful day in Wicklow. One heavy shower. That last picture is looking west. Clear skies 😝

Next time I'm bringing a real camera. My phone just doesn't do it justice.

• Advertisement

Bowser they are amazing photos, phone or not. We shall all expect more pics in future 😊

Thanks!

Wind picking up here now...

Time for a cup of tea and hunt for chocolate in the cupboards.

On the way to work here.. Tip toe through the thunder showers

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Dinner with the OH at L'Officina Dunne & Cresenzi restaurant at Kildare Village outlet after a late afternoon of shameless retail therapy. 😁👍🌈

Bitterly cold wind blowing out there today! 🌬🌬🥶

Made it to work dry! Wonders shall never cease. Lotto deities smile on me please..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lol 😂

You're like me, (or I'm like you) , if someone said they got a takeaway I'd be asking ooh what'd you get 🤣🤣

Sure we have to know!!

Proper drooling at the menu here, gimme all of the ravioli

• Registered Users Posts: 14,060 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

‘Watching ‘ crocodile Dundee 2 , load of *****

That brings back the horror of pre internet, two channels days!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I am in my snoodie! 😁😁😁

Also rocking pjs, fluffy socks and a dollop of sudocrem on a carbuncle that has erupted on my forehead. I'm sure I've never looked more attractive.

And I thought I was having a bad Saturday night 😑

Oh dear, a rampant carbuncle appears, now what??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Dosed with some form of lurgy so my dad is making me a hot whiskey then am away back to my bed.

Have sent about an hour today not in bed.

So, I found the OHs chocolate. It's milk chocolate with salt and nuts in it. And nuts cause me to break out in a rash. Only been happening this past few years, and before covid.

Also, salt in chocolate.

Time for a divorce.

No more nuts!! Where's me placard?

Worse!

Made a big bowl of cornflakes with loads of milk.

Had to go do a couple of things.

Came back and the cat had his face in them. Won't be having those.

Having toast and butter now.

• Advertisement

Ah if you left them to go soggy sure they'd be no good to ya 🤣

Advertisement