Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I hear rain out there. Might be a pyjammy day.

:o

You like chicken feet? :(

Traffic side. Ok everyone read my conundrum.

I'm on a wait list for a new hairdresser. It will be July or August before they can see me for a cut and September for a colour. I'm very grey. Tying the knot in October. Could stick the box colours in until Sept. It's not great for the condition of the auld curls though.

Or. I give in and go to my regular place. Good things do come to those who wait of course.
    These are the issues which plague me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Are you unhappy with your old place?

Are you unhappy with your old place?

I am. They are very nice but the colour is rarely right. The cut is something which I could take more responsibility for. I've been going there for years so I could ask for a different...I dunno..look. not much flexibility with curls though.

Box colours between now and September though. Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am thinking of doing black market haircuts. Its the new bitcoin. Fortunes to be made for those with no skill.
    But in the mean time I am deskside earning my journeyman salary.

• Advertisement

I am thinking of doing black market haircuts. Its the new bitcoin. Fortunes to be made for those with no skill.
    But in the mean time I am deskside earning my journeyman salary.

Journeyman! :D

I am. They are very nice but the colour is rarely right. The cut is something which I could take more responsibility for. I've been going there for years so I could ask for a different...I dunno..look. not much flexibility with curls though.

Box colours between now and September though. Meh.

In that case don't go near the old place, no matter what they do for you it'll feel bad. Perhaps try elsewhere for colour alone?

In that case don't go near the old place, no matter what they do for you it'll feel bad. Perhaps try elsewhere for colour alone?

Maybe. It requires a stylist experienced with curls so I'm limited. I'll keep mulling it over as a nice distraction from my real issues Grem :D

I got rid of the grey hair yesterday!! Woo hoo, feels fantastic. And I also paid one third of the price that I used to pay in Dublin, rip off merchants.
    They did go a bit mad with the highlights, but sure feck it, it's better then grey :)

Dunno about those box colours leggy, I always made a disaster of them, you might be better then me tho

bubblypop wrote: »
    I got rid of the grey hair yesterday!! Woo hoo, feels fantastic. And I also paid one third of the price that I used to pay in Dublin, rip off merchants.
    They did go a bit mad with the highlights, but sure feck it, it's better then grey :)

Dunno about those box colours leggy, I always made a disaster of them, you might be better then me tho

I do make a disaster of them too and always miss bits. Feck it I'll ring my usual place and then I'll have something to complain about after :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mission Tramore has been postponed due to crappy weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Just read on Feedback that Boards is moving to a new platform, some new features will be rolled out in time and hopefully it'll get rid of the glitch!

Time to get packing I suppose. :p
    Boo-urns!!! I didn't like that new format when it first came in, and new and strange stuff makes me confused and angry. (Well...not really, but change for an inferior model isn't ideal.)

I'm here in work by myself (apart from the 200 other people in the building but I'm away from them) so I'm enjoying not have to speak to people anyone for a while... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Diamonds I used box colour until my place opened and I certainly missed bits but they did tell me what colours to use Im a 666 lady ;) so maybe ask your usual place what number of colour they use and buy the box until you can get a new hair dresser :)

Someone who has plagued my life is finally getting theirs comeuppance :D It’s a great day to see them be treated the way they have treated me for so long :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside, not particularly busy, anticipating the mountain of exam scripts to mark early next week.

But I do have 5 days away in a luxury hotel down the country to look forward to later this month - my birthday present from my OH. Yaaay! :)

@Diamonds - one advantage of being a man is that I can stroll in to most barbers for a cut and not have to worry about waiting lists for hairdressers. :D Many of my lady friends have been trying to get their hair sorted after months of lockdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Deskside, not particularly busy, anticipating the mountain of exam scripts to mark early next week.

But I do have 5 days away in a luxury hotel down the country to look forward to later this month - my birthday present from my OH. Yaaay! :)

@Diamonds - one advantage of being a man is that I can stroll in to most barbers for a cut and not have to worry about waiting lists for hairdressers. :D Many of my lady friends have been trying to get their hair sorted after months of lockdown.

JK , one of the best things about being a woman with extremely short hair , is walking into the Barbers also , extra bonus points for it not been an extortionate price either !

I'm diy with my hair, clippers :) smug grins for us ;)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    JK , one of the best things about being a woman with extremely short hair , is walking into the Barbers also , extra bonus points for it not been an extortionate price either !

I work with a woman who does this and she has fabulously stylish hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Morning my beautiful people :) What a glorious morning it is :) Happy Hump Day!!!

Morning walkies done and dusted :)
    Happy birthday! I think ...

Happy birthday! I think ...

No you’re a little early ;)

Break time at the coalface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I work with a woman who does this and she has fabulously stylish hair.

Mam only does it to check out any hot men in the barbers ;)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Work time, so here I am sitting in an Airbus 330 for a 90 minute flight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Coffeeshop.

Mam only does it to check out any hot men in the barbers ;)

I love the reputation I have around here :eek:
    Just as well I don't give a flying feck :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

I'm diy with my hair, clippers :) smug grins for us ;)
    Avoided hair cutting salons for more than a Covid year. Getting long. Had a feathered friend trim ends. Cheers Grem!

I love the reputation I have around here :eek:
    Just as well I don't give a flying feck :p

If I had short hair, I'd be going into the men's salons too to check out the talent :D
    I made the mistake of always taking my lad in on Fridays when he was too young to go alone. That was mart day so it was all the old men so no eye candy but great for the stories!

If I had short hair, I'd be going into the men's salons too to check out the talent :D
    I made the mistake of always taking my lad in on Fridays when he was too young to go alone. That was mart day so it was all the old men so no eye candy but great for the stories!

Haha , somewhat similar here PM!
    Either young boys or the older men , then again , it's not one of the hip trendy barber shops in town . Hmmmm , maybe I'll try one of the other ones , and ask for the hot towel treatment without the shave :pac:

Haha , somewhat similar here PM!
    Either young boys or the older men , then again , it's not one of the hip trendy barber shops in town . Hmmmm , maybe I'll try one of the other ones , and ask for the hot towel treatment without the shave :pac:
    I love when some hairdressers give your head a little massage but it so rarely happens anymore.
    I'm on my way home from work. Today I felt I did 2 days work so.im outside the Italian waiting for a pizza :)

I love when some hairdressers give your head a little massage but it so rarely happens anymore.
    I'm on my way home from work. Today I felt I did 2 days work so.im outside the Italian waiting for a pizza :)

Well , enjoy the pizza PM , you've earned it , and put your feet up and relax after it if you can :)

New MS Paint Your Wagon game sign ups open , if anyone is up for a laugh and a bit of fun then head on over to Forum Games !

(Yes PM, that includes you too!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Thanks mam :D

There are other ways to participate if you prefer not to try your hand at mspainting, but that is fun too (no artsy skills required).
    The game reveals are a hoot!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Thanks mam :D

There are other ways to participate if you prefer not to try your hand at mspainting, but that is fun too (no artsy skills required).
    The game reveals are a hoot!

They are the best laughs ever , Chinese Whispers in word and pic form , what could go wrong there ? :D

New MS Paint Your Wagon game sign ups open , if anyone is up for a laugh and a bit of fun then head on over to Forum Games !

(Yes PM, that includes you too!)

I did see it but I don't understand the wagon reference... is it only open to wagons? :D

Deja , PM is just teasing about having to be a wagon to enter !

(Although PM , yep , I'm a big wagon believe me :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,717 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

lo :o sorry I didnae know ...... ta :D

(mam, yer inbox overfloweth)

Deja Boo wrote: »
    lo :o sorry I didnae know ...... ta :D

(mam, yer inbox overfloweth)

No need to be sorry Deja , PM will explain to you what being a wagon means :)

Ooops , onto it now Deja , thank you :o

• Advertisement

Just bathed my feet in water and tea tree oil. Some moisturiser added now. It was a long winter of covered up feet.:D

Deja , PM is just teasing about having to be a wagon to enter !

(Although PM , yep , I'm a big wagon believe me :p)

My wagon pedestal is mine Mam :)

Humidity exhaustion here jaysis..

Is it safe in here :D

Camera gear re-charged and re-packed with an extra - in the middle. Defo hitting the sea tomorrow to feel that air on our faces. I'm heading via the N77 and M9, but seriously thinking of heading back via the Passage East Ferry, N11 and N81 with a few L and R roads in between. That is surely worth a few beers tomorrow evening.:pac:

• Advertisement

Having a can meself here.. Hopefully some walkies tomorrow

Having a can meself here.. Hopefully some walkies tomorrow

Enjoy that can Grem! I'm having a swift one here before the leaba. The crew are in the hay already. Going on a journey tomorrow as a complete family. We need it!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Enjoy that can Grem! I'm having a swift one here before the leaba. The crew are in the hay already. Going on a journey tomorrow as a complete family. We need it!

Ahh great, do enjoy, don't forget the picnic basket :)

Ahh great, do enjoy, don't forget the picnic basket :)

Drinks and bread and butter in the cooler pack with chocolate. Fish and chips at our first stop, with said bread and butter. The boot box has napkins, plastic cutlery and trays!:eek:

Enjoy Dooleys Grandeeod!

Lord when the kids were younger , we'd go to Tramore for a week , never there all the time , we'd go off in the car to different places too . Dooleys was a must , also Mistys restaurant, gone now though .

Ooh I'd love a good fish and chip dinner, must see if I can persuade herself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling in front of the TV. Very tired after running around on a few errands.

Greetings from hotelside, loaded with drinks, wine prosecco and pints,stuffed with grub, on the Nexium due to heartburn and had to share with the others, mixed crowd here. Stopped for some retail therapy in the way,like drowned rats, looking forward to brekkie already ☺️ dinner booked for tomorrow night as cancelled tonight's due to room drinking ,pished but happy.

Happy road trip day G, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looks like I shall be travelling again next week, would you pick a hotel with this warning?
    Fatal hippopotamus attacks on humans occasionally occur near the lakeshore,

• Advertisement
Advertisement