Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

In work, bored. I think I'll be out of here by lunch time. I don't know how I'm gonna cope when things get back to being busy and I have to finally return to working long hours instead of just going home whenever I feel bored.
    It will be a foreign feeling altogether.
    Sure recently I was in the canteen with one of the lads and we were chatting away and his phone rang and he answered it and said "Sorry I'm on my tea break, can you ring me back when I'm working". That sort of sh!te :D
    I spent the last half hour here at my desk writing out my shopping list for the supermarket later on. A workaholic or what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Boring fact... Hippos kill more people every year than any land mammal...and they can easily outrun a human

Enjoy your break smurfjed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Boring fact... Hippos kill more people every year than any land mammal...and they can easily outrun a human

Yet, I look like I wouldn't hurt a fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭thomil

smurfjed wrote: »
    Looks like I shall be travelling again next week, would you pick a hotel with this warning?

Absolutely! Anything else would be hippo-critical...

Tableside, just finished lunch. Is anyone else feeling pretty under the weather over the last couple of days?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Enjoy your break smurfjed :D

On The Bright Side, I read that, per year, texting while driving in the US kills more than twice as many people as hippos kill in Africa

Home-side, may go Woodies-side shortly

Boring fact... Hippos kill more people every year than any land mammal...

Very boring reply.....I suspect that the land mammal that kills the most people every year is the human :eek:

Still havnt gone Woodies-side :(

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Yet, I look like I wouldn't hurt a fly.

You know...I could....
    but I'm going to take the moral high ground here....
    ah the rarefied air up here...
    I've never tasted it before....so sweet :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ooh thunder!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Winding down work for the day, taking a walk in the Phoenix Park shortly and then my Zoom art class at 7pm.

And the long June bank holiday weekend to look forward to. :) Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A great day out! Very windy in Tramore but still brilliant to be by the sea again. More time today and great views and walks. It's very quiet down there.

IMG-0052.jpg

Of course the fish and chips lunch was first class and we had to dine out of the boot of the car due to the wind.:D

IMG-0056.jpg

I was gonna bring us across the Barrow on the passage east ferry but Mrs/Ms G have done that before so I brought them across the Barrow on Ireland's longest bridge on the New Ross bypass. Spun down for a bite of the picnic at the Dunbrody famine ship. Car park and centre are still there but the Dunbrody was missing.:pac: Bck home via carlow. Mrs G supping wine now and I'm having a beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I love days like those Grandeeod. Sounds bliss.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

That lookS like a lovely day out G. Tramore brings back some wonderful memories for me :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Was down in Tramore at the weekend and it was crazy busy.

Evening all :) Hope you are all getting to enjoy this lovely weather :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just back from my longest run ever, I'm scared to sit down in case I wont ever get up again..
    Im even gone beyond hunger I was going to have a celebratory beer can't even face that !!
    Thrilled though...

The Pixies 'Where is my Mind' is in my cheann..

Autosport wrote: »
    Was down in Tramore at the weekend and it was crazy busy.

Evening all :) Hope you are all getting to enjoy this lovely weather :)

Must have been a weekend buzz. Very quiet today all over.

IMG-0058.jpg

• Advertisement

You couldn’t see the sand, definitely quieter today :)

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Must have been a weekend buzz. Very quiet today all over.

IMG-0058.jpg

Is yer man not running the risk of a wet arse there?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Where did my days off go?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Shopside stocking up, I'd love a week at a sunny beach. Le sigh. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Took the day off. Finally dropped a load of boxes at the charity shop and they were delighted, and I was equally delighted as they’ve been cluttering u the spare room since last October.
    Then I had a coffee and doughnut takeaway and sat on a bench to watch the town go by, followed by a trip the garden centre. Felt almost normal and a nice reminder of what a day off is supposed to feel like.

• Advertisement

Uselessly when I get excited about trips like this, they get changed or cancelled, but I can dream.

Help me out here, which one of these two hotels would you pick?

http://www.booking.com/Share-Sf4jeuu

http://www.booking.com/Share-tqRcZV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,081 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting in the carpark of Circle K services , outside of Athlone , eating McDonalds . Munchkin had to go to Athlone for an eye check up earlier .

Happy Long Weekend folks :)

Deskside, working away after my second jab. Or was that Service Pack 2? ;)

Also, just got invited to a lunch, followed by drinks on Tuesday. In a restaurant. In the city. On company money. I may have done a little happy dance when I got the news :D

Oh, and @smurfjed: If given the option, go for the second one. Looks far classier in my eyes ;)

Well it's a draw so far then Smurf, i prefer the more 'local' feel of the fisherman's cove one. Dinners for work done, hospital visit done, feckin circadian rhythm is borked..

Well it's a draw so far then Smurf, i prefer the more 'local' feel of the fisherman's cove one. Dinners for work done, hospital visit done, feckin circadian rhythm is borked..

I'll second fisherman's cove. About to cut the grass.

Oh cripes, what am i gonna do when boards is read only for two days?. Just dawned on me eek.

Oh cripes, what am i gonna do when boards is read only for two days?. Just dawned on me eek.

Do as I'm planning..post something utterly scurrilous just before and know that people are twitching like mad for ,48 hours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

Deskside

Thank god its Friday :D

That was a long week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Do as I'm planning..post something utterly scurrilous just before and know that people are twitching like mad for ,48 hours :D

Where do you plan to post it? I'd like to see.

Sleepy, a few hours reprieve here from a very angry, confused and depressed pensioner using me as an emotional punch bag as he sleeps in his chair. It seems he has a UTI, so hoping when the antibiotics kick in the confusion and rage eases off. If not, some serious decisions will have to he made.

Well it's a draw so far then Smurf, i prefer the more 'local' feel of the fisherman's cove one.

FFS, I meant Fisherman's Cove as well. I guess that's what happens when you open the second link first :pac:

Looks like that second shot is having some effect after all...
    Do as I'm planning..post something utterly scurrilous just before and know that people are twitching like mad for ,48 hours

Doesn't sound too different from your usual posting style so :D

• Advertisement

oooh the Seychelles, fantastic. I'm fine with either Smurf, long as my room is poolside and the room service is good :) Thanks!
    Off to look for my bikini and snorkel :p

Meanwhile, back in the home office I'm getting antsy. Having sudden incontrollable urge to head into town and experience my very first outdoor cocktail/drinking/milling about experience. Subliminal newscasting getting to me :pac::pac::pac: May settle for GnT and Tayto on the patio instead though.

Took the day off to extend the June bank holiday weekend.:)

Was doing some painting of water colours in past few hours and one of my pieces - Seascape Cloudy Sky No. 2 - I am particularly pleased with. Watercolours can be pretty tricky at times!

11417_lsloyktmcz0svq2z.jpeg

Smurf you can book me in for 2 weeks in the Seychelles ;):D

Happy Bank Holiday peeps :)

Wha5 a glorious day it has been :)

I’m currently couchside deciding on what walkies to go on :)

Back garden smelling the freshly cut grass and listening to the silence. Those who have departed us have gone on their way. Those of us who have remained can enjoy the peace. Having a beer before hitting the leaba.

What a let-down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Night owl gal

In bed and watching 'this is us', a great drama:)

Dog pic :)( even if it is a bit of a cheat :o )

554979.jpg

Someone hold the fort while i sneak off for forty winks ;)

Someone hold the fort while i sneak off for forty winks ;)

Yeah coz you could trust us lot in here alright.... sure what could go wrong? :D

I wouldn't leave any of us lot in charge of a goldfish!

• Advertisement

Alfie is on duty :D

I'm pleasantly pissed, Grem, I don't know what you do, but I'm reasonably confident I could manage.

Sleep soundly in the knowledge all is 8n capable hands ...

I'm pleasantly pissed, Grem, I don't know what you do, but I'm reasonably confident I could manage.

You'll have to talk to Alfie :pac:

0lddog wrote: »
    Dog pic :)( even if it is a bit of a cheat :o )

554979.jpg

Las Palmas???

You'll have to talk to Alfie :pac:

Shhhhh, he's asleep. :p

Shhhhh, he's asleep. :p

That makes two of us!.

• Advertisement

Vegging on the living room sofa, default horizontal position. TV on but reading up myself on the history of motorways. :D

Tuning into DJ Funkybeak shortly to get my fix of his grooves. :cool:

Tonight he’s doing a special set to mark June - aka Pride month. :)

Don't mind her Grem! It would be like trusting a cat to babysit your pet hamster :D

Wow the place is still in one piece, Alfie and LEJ did a good job :):)

Coffee time, it’s 41C outside so not really walking weather.

Gotta admit that I booked the SAVOY and not Fisherman’s cove. Trying to satisfy the tastes of 5 people so the booking recommendation of “Fabulous” beat a “good”. At $650 a night for my room, the place is a steal :):)

smurfjed wrote: »
    At $650 a night for my room, the place is a steal :):)

Cheapskate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement