Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The heating isn't turned down, it's turned off! Over here it's a balancing act of fire, oil and gas across the house. Bed early too. It all helps. Delighted we all bought new heavy dressing gowns a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Think everyone's trying to find the right balance between keeping costs down yet staying warm. Heating on for only two hours a day here , then the solid fuel cooker takes over the heating of the house.

Snoodies and fleece throws all round for everyone ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

i enjoyed the England Iran game last night.

Now it’s sunrise and time to work. Gotta love NA beer :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to rain, it's so quiet that it's hard to believe the morning chaos is a few hours away..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

How's everyone?. Sat in bed in comfy pyjamas reading a book called three hours by Rosamund Lupton @Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Not much happening. it's a cold one today. Blankets/throws are great until you have to move.

Little fella was so excited about being a 'dragon' on the walk to creche 😂🤣🤣

Being a dragon?. 🐉

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just got the solid fuel stove lit. Bitterly cold so staying abed , well clad and not budging but the sky mountains are a sheer glory with the clouds scaling them... A big knitting order came in so.... have to send for more yarn... Opened a tin of beans in mistake for cat food.... so that is lunch sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Breath condensing in the cold?

Miserable dull and cold day here, I'm looking forward to getting home.

• Advertisement

Let's just fly home on the wings of a dragon legend.... if only we could *sniff sniff* 😥😝

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Exactly as leggy said 💕

He was fascinated that "smoke" was coming out of his mouth 😇

I love this age they are abit of craic but also do as they are told (mostly)

Oh lords I think I originally loved smoking because of that 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I was cheering on Wales. My ex-boss is head of the Welsh FA so am delighted for him and the Lads. Also 'Merica sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,065 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

^^^^^^^

Booo

Done for the day. Working from home in this weather is no longer the joy it used to be. Gonna have to look at ways to keep warm at the tech desk. No way is it feasible to use the heating like before. Then there's the electricity costs and if I up the job fee I get undercut. Knew it was coming once the weather changed. I was dreading it. But for now the house is warm for the evening. It's the working day that's cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

@Grandeeod i got a small ceramic fan heater for the room I work in at home and it heats the room in less than 5 mins. I use it once or twice a day for a few mins each time. Then the heating comes on in the house in the evening.

Checking that out now. Cheers P. It's a small room. A few blasts over the course of the day will do.

The evening crew here are warm and snug. They just had soup and brown bread for supper. I'm heading for my dinner. A couple of pan fried pork chops peas and chips. Might dabble in a bit of that brown bread too! Then a movie in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Just laid my large bulk down on the bed, id love to say that ill sleep solid for the night but i know ill be up for a piss during the night and then ill be wrecked in the morning again and the whole dam cycle starts again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bed and Netflix. Our Universe the viewing choice tonight, narrated by the dulcet voice of Morgan Freeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂😂😂😂

Autosport, you are a tonic... lol... Thank you

Morning wherers...I'm on my hols 😁, sitting in the hotel foyer having a ☕ people watching, if I was at home I'd be glued to leaba. My friends are all still conked out so breakfast wont be til at least 9.30...I never want to leave, having a great break.

Enjoy work.😛😛🥂

Enjoy Duvet, have a strong coffee for me, I'm going to need all the help I can get!

My old man used to do that and I seem to remember he could even blow smoke through his ears, He gave up smoking so many many many times..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Time for Germany Japan and some German beer :):)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Busy working away in my work office today - lots of deadlines to meet, students to chase up, work to be marked etc.

Nice crisp and dry but chilly early Winter day out there today. Would love to go for a long walk but deskbound as I have so much to do today...

No plans myself to watch this disgusting spectacle of a World Cup in Quatar, a place which only got the WC through bribery and corruption of FIFA officials, where dozens of immigrant workers, treated worse than stray dogs, died building these stadiums and where minorities such as LGBT are oppressed and criminalised. I know lots of other people who are also boycotting this farce of a World Cup.

@[Deleted User] - enjoy your break away. Much needed I'm sure! 😊

• Advertisement

Tired grem here, another early night in store methinks

Advertisement