Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Just having a little scoot thru the net.
    Local right wing taxi driver dressed in Russian military gear while telling us we're sheep isnt the tastiest thing I've found!

BBC are doing a podcast on the disappearance of shergar.... narrated by Vanilla Ice !!
    I'm in !
    :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Vanilla ice? What in the name of blue sky thinking inspired that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Just making a bit to eat before I go for my 2nd vaccination :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Good luck CJMAXX :)

Just had a shower of rain here , we need the sun !

On a downer here after becoming accustomed to filling out a breakfast menu the last few mornings, Shergar would have struggled with the amount I ate. If I sat here for a month no one would even think of making me a coffee, I'm definitely meant for better thinks lol.

Regards Lady Duvet. 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

On a downer here after becoming accustomed to filling out a breakfast menu the last few mornings, Shergar would have struggled with the amount I ate. If I sat here for a month no one would even think of making me a coffee, I'm definitely meant for better thinks lol.

Regards Lady Duvet. 😂

I'll make you a coffee Duvet !
    Hope you had a great few days , must have been so nice to get away .

Vanilla ice? What in the name of blue sky thinking inspired that..

By all accounts he's very much into the horses and the shergar kidnapping is something he was always interested in..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Smurf my bags are packed and you can collect me anytime today :D

Beautiful sunny morning here :) Lovely morning walk done and now to decide what to have for lunch : Cesar or Naturo :D

Vaccine got around an hour ago. paracetamol laid out , with water ready to go when needed. Take away menu ready to order dinner ,via delivery.
    If its like the 1st shot I've about 6 hours till sleepy time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Argh go to sleep.

• Advertisement

Argh go to sleep.

Start singing "Ice Ice Baby" to yourself

:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Very long lie in today...

Meeting a friend shortly to take him out on a drive with us our new car. :) Shame the weather isn’t on a par with yesterday, but it will be nice nonetheless!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

JupiterKid wrote: »
    ...our new car. :)
    Lucky you! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Las Palmas???
    Exactamente ! :)

2014 trip. Forgot where I put pics but ran into them yesterday.

On the same trip I headed out to Galdar on a Sunday morning ( just to see what went on there...as you do ). Found a fiesta going on in the square in front of the church...What Serendipity ! :)

( please excuse the pics - taken on a very early 3.5" android running gingerbread )

Old dog that looks like a great experience

I managed a bit more sleep and a shower, phew!.

Old dog that looks like a great experience

I managed a bit more sleep and a shower, phew!.

Yes Grem, it turned out to be a delightful day and was the catalyst for some education and getting to know an eclectic group of people :)

Wonder would the melatonina capsules ( 'dulces sueños' ) that are sold in supermarkets out there be any use to you ?

How do Old Dogs travel ;)

Autosport wrote: »

Oldsmobile??

Autosport wrote: »

555045.jpg

Alfie has one on his Christmas list :D

• Advertisement

I'm a sensuality seeker. Plonked in the back garden with a chill beverage and beach read. Sun shimmering low in the western sky, Cesaria Evora lending gravitas to proceedings. Ah Cape Verde, how I long for thee. Excuse me now while I stretch and try to stifle a contented yawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

0lddog wrote: »
    Exactamente ! :)

2014 trip. Forgot where I put pics but ran into them yesterday.

On the same trip I headed out to Galdar on a Sunday morning ( just to see what went on there...as you do ). Found a fiesta going on in the square in front of the church...What Serendipity ! :)

( please excuse the pics - taken on a very early 3.5" android running gingerbread )

Oh man the memories. I knew I'd saw those dogs before. It was 2013. Headed over to Gran Canaria on the ferry from Tenerife. A few nights in Las Palmas and then a long drive (back then) to Mogan, before the new Auto Pista. The random Fiestas are great. But as my daughter was in school in Tenerife, we got to know about all those nearby.

Round one of Chinese food completed earlier in the garden. Round two later, after a few more beers!

Wine and Bridget Jones, couchside. The excitement..ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Stress side. Another blocked toilet crisis just dealt with. Still have things I need to get done before bed. Someone remind me to breathe.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Stress side. Another blocked toilet crisis just dealt with. Still have things I need to get done before bed. Someone remind me to breathe.

I heard the boobly hug klaxon go off, where am i needed??

Get the to Kerry with your dollops of squishy huggies ASAP! You know the way the Batman signal was sent up in Gotham? Well, we should have a boobie hug urgently required symbol:
    *(.)(.)* !

• Advertisement

Incoming!! Boobly hugs, a beverage of your choice and some sh1tetalk ;)

Incoming!! Boobly hugs, a beverage of your choice and some sh1tetalk ;)

Sounds better than good.

Sounds better than good.

I got you :)

Get the to Kerry with your dollops of squishy huggies ASAP! You know the way the Batman signal was sent up in Gotham? Well, we should have a boobie hug urgently required symbol:
    *(.)(.)* !

I'd join in but it would be a small hug lol.

Movie paused here, a bulb started flickering and the shattered all over the place, honestly like fireworks, it's being brushed up as I pour another glass, not able for this ****e tonight.

Movie paused here, a bulb started flickering and the shattered all over the place, honestly like fireworks, it's being brushed up as I pour another glass, not able for this ****e tonight.

Oooh, that sounds feckin creepy.

• Advertisement

Jaysus, cmere, you get a hug too. Not having it easy today eh?.

Jaysus, cmere, you get a hug too. Not having it easy today eh?.

Got a taste of freedom, can't wait for things to open up more. My first time watching Bridget Jones and I loved it, awww.☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,308 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Got a taste of freedom, can't wait for things to open up more. My first time watching Bridget Jones and I loved it, awww.☺️
    How have you escaped this long never seeing it?

To thine own self be true

How have you escaped this long never seeing it?

Genuinely never seen it, never watched Titanic either. There's a film on RTE now that I have seen , going to watch it again but it's harrowing imo.

Last beer! Then part two of the epic chinese takeaway that I didn't pay for.:eek: Salt and chili chicken earlier and an incoming beef in garlic and chilli with the leftover chips. Sure why not folks.:D Starving! Again! A nice evening with company after the "company" did a real decent thing to be here.

Genuinely never seen it, never watched Titanic either. There's a film on RTE now that I have seen , going to watch it again but it's harrowing imo.

There's nothing harrowing on RTE tonight. I can show you harrowing.:D I'm now balancing food and drink as I run the line between a dirty takeaway and the last can of beer. A really epic place to be at this time of night. Communards playing in the background.:) Easy to do a bank holiday weekend Saturday!

There's nothing harrowing on RTE tonight. I can show you harrowing.:D I'm now balancing food and drink as I run the line between a dirty takeaway and the last can of beer. A really epic place to be at this time of night. Communards playing in the background.:) Easy to do a bank holiday weekend Saturday!

Good call with the Communards, haven't heard them in years. The Royle family on here now, couldn't watch that movie again. Very angsty tonight, wouldn't mind get dressed up and heading out, I swore I'd never be bothered doing that again but I'm bored.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the sofa, nothing particular on the telly in the background...

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Chilling on the sofa, nothing particular on the telly in the background...

Much the same. So desperate I'm watching Bullseye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My trip has started with its first change, now on an Airbus 330 heading home, so will have a late breakfast with the mutt and lunch with the missus. Tomorrow I shall head to my 2nd and 3rd countries.

• Advertisement

Looks like a nice morning ahead. Motogp at noon for me..

Nice morning walk done, now back to bed for a snooze :)

Happy Sunday!!!

Ahhh the sun is out again! Great few weeks of weather. Working all weekend, but then I'm off for two full weeks!!! Woo hoo
    Off doing nice things next week with 3 friends, we have had our away trips cancelled 3 times over covid so cannot wait.
    Dinner, drinks, catch up and hopefully sunshine :)
    Hope everyone having a.good weekend

Edit, auto, very early walkies! You will Have to invest in black out blinds for Alfie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Last beer! Then part two of the epic chinese takeaway that I didn't pay for

Mate are we gonna see you popping up on CrimeCall soon? A big dirty can of beer in one hand and a half-eaten barbecue spare rib in the other hand..... Wanted dead or alive for not paying for his Chinese grub?

Or did somebody else just pay the bill for ya?

Please say its the first one....... :D

The takeaway bandit strikes again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

The takeaway bandit strikes again!

sure there isn't a Chinese or chipper in the country safe with him around.

I wonder was that fish and chips in Tramore the other day "free" as well.... Hmmm.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

There's free food?

What are the breakfast options?

Walk number 2 done :) Nice and sunny morning and nice to get out early and enjoy the birdsong :)

Where do I put my order in for breakfast ;)

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ahhh the sun is out again! Great few weeks of weather. Working all weekend, but then I'm off for two full weeks!!! Woo hoo
    Off doing nice things next week with 3 friends, we have had our away trips cancelled 3 times over covid so cannot wait.
    Dinner, drinks, catch up and hopefully sunshine :)
    Hope everyone having a.good weekend

Edit, auto, very early walkies! You will Have to invest in black out blinds for Alfie

Nah it’s grand we get out and enjoy the walk and just listen to the birdsong and then come home and back to bed :)

Enjoy your time off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Looks like a nice morning ahead. Motogp at noon for me..

Stretched out on the bean bag in the glorious sun in East Clare, I want see the motogp but it seems a shame to be indoors...hmm the complicated decisions in my life !!

Advertisement