Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Bloody Freezing over here as well, even with the sun out. Slept like hell so seriously grumpy over here and an upset tummy doesn't help.

But hey, I got a massive tax refund, at least by my standards, so it's not all bad.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Freezing fog never lifted here all day. Had to make a short trip to pick up some memory cards. For the love of jaysus will people switch on their rear fog lights.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Think I might bring the boot spikes to work.. Soup and thermals ready too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Same in town here G , and the amount of people driving earlier with NO lights at all on , let alone fog lights ffs!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It's unreal, people pure invisible in cars, on bikes, walking drives me nuts.. One of the times I'm glad I no longer drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Don't blame you, it's beyond ridiculous and extremely dangerous. Rant over 😅

Ignorance is not bliss dickheads

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling on the sofa watching the rugby on the TV, doobie just smoked. 😁 🚬

Had a very heavy week work-wise and have another heavy week ahead with marking student assignments and reading dissertations. Met up with some pals at the Botanic Gardens at lunchtime - it was good to hug and catch up after many months. 🥰😊

It is absolutely Arctic out there today. The roads were treacherous this morning with the ice and light snow but the traffic at 8.00am wasn't as bad as I'd expected. Posted a big batch of Xmas cards off and I did manage to get our wreath up on the front door last night. 🎄🎅☃️☃️

Planning on taking it very easy this weekend, especially if there's more early winter snow.

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

So sorry to hear about your cat @Grandeeod

I'm sure she had a good 12 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A balmy -2 and it's only gone 6pm. I'm not leaving the house until Monday morning. There's a serious freezing fog out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

-1 here real feel -6.....I lost my toes some time ago!!!!

Friday night pizza.

Very tasty and good value.

Freezing out alright.

Definitely get/wear a wollen jumper. Nothing else really works. Except down. Down jacket. Nothing else really works. Except emigration. Emigration to Barbados.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Well we made it to Friday, thank feck! Having a G&T and waiting for leftover chilli to warm in the oven. Decided to work from home today and don’t plan going out over the weekend. Hope to use the time to put up some decorations!

It's a real pea souper out here this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've brought my duvet to the sofa along with a hot water bottle 🥶

To thine own self be true

Our place doesn't have internal doors except for bathroom so warmest place is up in bed (i swear this isn't Angela's Ashes 🤣 )

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I’ve the central heating on full blast and it still feels chilly in some rooms here. 🥶🥶🥶

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Same here, it would be unbearable without heating. Another night of feeling like the walls are made of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,057 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This house won’t heat up . Ive a feeling there might not have much insulation in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I have the heating on downstairs and the fire blazing in the sitting room. Warm in there but kitchen not so much.

On the road to Dublin early in the morning for a job. Another parachute gig coz others are in party mode. Same on Sunday in or near Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....just in from town.....in laws called down today and brought 18 bags of turf......sorry Mr. Polar bear but my family need heat and its heating us nicely

To be fair the blame laid at the feet of the individual in the climate stuff is disproportionate in any case, enjoy the fire @gifted

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My neighbour the ferryman is bringing more turf. I stocked with coal eggs before is went up so well stocked. Only place to be is bed! Emerging for food at intervals.

Take care; it looks lethal out there and out here, Tolkienesque.

Hello saturday, hope all that can be are tucked up..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Yup, actually have managed to be in bed a whole hour now and no erruptions from Grumpy. Each night he's been home so far he's waited til exactly the moment my arse touches the mattress to suddenly wake up and try and leap out of bed. I broke the baby monitor tonight, it fell off the bathroom shelf when I was having a shower and now all I can see is a faint outline in washed out light. Thankfully, the sound still works and the reassuring sounds of snoring are ringing in my ear. It's like having a pet wilderbeast.

How about you, Grem, are you working tonight? This cold snap is turning into a cold spell. Mind yourself when you're out and about.

Long may the rest last Sardi. Yup working, luckily only actually outside twice so far. I'll be grand.

Going to bed soon. Hot water bottles in bed. Cat has the spare/box room, which is the warmest place in the house. It's ridiculous. Might see if I can fit a bed in there. 🤣

Cats will always be in the warmest spot in the house. They aint silly. Plus, they are our superiors so the hierarchy demands it is so.

It's so cold I'm thinking he'd make a lovely pair of gloves. 🤣

• Advertisement

Advertisement