Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

@Gremlinertia @Purple Mountain , hope both who are sick feel better soon. These doses seem to be hitting everyone hard and lingering on for weeks, dammit .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Yep, the short days are hard.

Think that's why Christmas is where it is.

Going to force myself to take the dog for really long walks during the days if it's dry over the break.

And going to go to decent Guinness pubs in Dublin to compensate for that exercise. 🙂

I never drink at Christmas except at work Christmas party. This year going to go the other way and have a quick work Christmas party, and have my own drinks in town with a couple of friends over Christmas.

Going to enjoy the slow pints while everyone is rushing around in the sales.

That's my plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sounds like a good plan @SuperBowserWorld . Soft and gentle going when chance allows.

I just made my plan 5 minutes ago.

I am really happy with myself now.

If I had a tail I'd be wagging it.

🤣

I do have hospital visits, but they are the perfect stopping off point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Thanks, MO4. It came on him rapidly last night. He's as thrown down as he was with Covid so it's a pesky dose.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thank Mam, yeah she's miserable but I've everything in for her and house is snug so there's that.. She was probably hoping to do a few decorations this year being our first non covid ruled year at home so will get a few bits tomorrow to help with that.. Meal prep, work, shopping and minding plans written out until fourth of January or so

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

I have about 15 minutes work to do, but thrown down the couch trying to summon up the energy to go upstairs, boot up the laptop, login and do the fecking thing. I may aswell be facing Everest!

These last few days before the Christmas break always feel like trudging through thick mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm gearing up for Grumpy's return from yet another hospitalisation tomorrow. No real Christmas here this year, just day to day survival.

To all those down with a dose or minding someone with a dose, hope things pick up enough to allow ye to enjoy the break. Its gonna be a tough winter with Covid and every other respiratory illness going. I"ve had 2 long doses within weeks of eachother, wondering what next?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

They’re not vampires ! They are immortal until a day comes and they all fight each other , and cut each other’s heads off, until there’s only one left.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Sardonicat all of the boobly hugs your way.

By the way everyone I'll be here all night over 24, 25 and 26 for post company etc, same the nights around new year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

Not at all, just how my life works.

Love baby Jesus in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Oh yeah......I always assumed he was a vampire for some reason, with a bit out a soul so he didn't eat people (I'm not confusing him with Angel 😂😂) .....ah well there's 30 yrs thought process out the window

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Trying to pack for a very early flight tomorrow morning. Feck all done really, so it’s doubtful if we’ll get much sleep “tonight”...

So happy to be going away for the festive season, last Christmas abroad was Fuertevenura in 2019 so really looking forward to Portugal. 👍🎄🎄🎅

Wishing yis all a peaceful and Merry Christmas with as little hassle and stress as possible. 💕❤️🎄🎄🎄☃️☃️

Argos plus local shop have me covered to transform the gaff into Christmas central for Mrs G

Thinking of a sunshine holiday for Christmas...

What's that airborne threat approaching in the pic?

• Advertisement

Christmas tree lights gone here. Probably just one of them gone !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Oh I got very carried away today. My Dad came over to wrap all the Christmas pressies. He does it so well and really enjoys it. My Mam came too after a visit to the Doc. We all had tea and porter cake. But this morning I got treated to breakfast from a local deli after I did the Doc run. A nice breakie with my parents at their kitchen table.

Me and Mrs G went out for a few drinkies tonight. Nice. Watching Jingle all the way now and sleepy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just a little meme from this Wherer to all you guys over the Christmas season. 💕 🎄🎄🎅 🥰

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil how are you doing this morning? Did you arrange a visit to the doctors about your leg?

Has anyone tried DNA testing ? I purchased 23andme years ago only to be told that I’m Irish from Ireland, but now they are offering health traits. Got an offer this morning to upgrade as a Christmas special. So now I have 65 health reports to work my way through. I wonder if these will encourage me to make lifestyle changes.

Off to the gym :):)

Not sure if this is a good idea.

Not only are you giving away your DNA information, your are giving away same for any children. This information could be stolen and/or used against you/them for insurance cover, job selection, subliminal advertising, ... blackmail ...

The tech can keep improving to analyse this data too. Once the data is out there it's out forever.

In theory if we all gave away this information and it was anonymous then it would be the most incredible resource for creating new treatments and new science.

And as you say, to spot possible health issues. Which could literally be a life saver.

Anyway. Just something to think about.

That's all of them except the finance aspect one and the supportive one for me. 😑

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

My brother, in his mid sixties, found out he had a living father that was previously unknown to him, using one of those genetic thingummybobs.

Now, in my brother's case it's all turned out very well and he's been welcomed with loving, open arms into a huge new family and he's having a great time jetting off all over the world to meet everybody, but I can easily see how it could be very different.

So was Axl Rose involved in Highlander or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@SuperBowserWorld

Makes sense, but at my age I really don’t have to worry about most of those issues. So I see it as a way to help that science which in time may help future generations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I'm not happy to give my DNA information to the companies for their use. My brother has done his as part of family tree research so what applies to him in that regard is relevant to me. He has had correspondence from distant relations, most of whom we knew existed but had no contact. All positive so far but I'm not tempted.

Don't really want to know what's in store for me health wise.

Advertisement