Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Just in from walking the dog. Lovely fresh day. Tis well needed after the sup of porter consumed last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Had a great giggle at the thought of that but apparently Guns n' Roses were approached to do the soundtrack for one of the movies. Like Queen had done for the first one. Had no idea until 5 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Finally got to watch the BANSHEES OF INISHERIN, definitely not what I was expecting as it’s a rather dark movie, but I enjoyed it.

I guess it kinda resembles @Graces7 little island lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Will avoid so. Going to pick what I watch carefully this Christmas. No dark stuff.

Interested in how that film is perceived out there ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just eased through Lidl, Dunne's and SuperValu with no delays. No delays in Burger King either. Had a goo on me for a Whopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Do my "shopping shopping" as I call it tomorrow. Then again, not too much to get , just veg , minerals etc as everything else got , thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Doing mine Friday evening after work.... Hope they have a turkey left. I'll be in the dog house if they don't and the inlaws coming an all this year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couch, tae, pringles and I have lights and tree up

Homeward bound to the OH. Rest of the month off, so heading off on a road trip.

The smell of body odour in here is absolutely terrible.

2.5 days left this year paid work wise.

Unpaid work will continue 🤣

• Advertisement

Like you Mam. I was doing a general shop but opted for a double. Couldn't be arsed next week. I hate fuss and drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Same here G . You'd feel sorry for Retail staff dealing with the throngs over the next few days panic buying, then again next week for the sales , my idea of hell tbh .

Got a refund from Lidl for my DAB radio, because there are no DAB broadcasts in Ireland. Entire place was empty.

Always shop off peak !

In the ideal world I would buy lotto tickets with the refund and win the lottery.

True

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Don't....I absolutely loved working retail at Christmas.

It's such a good laugh. 12 hour shifts followed by a beverage on the way home...to do it all again the next day. I'd love to do it again.

Granted I was a teenager/early 20's but happy memories.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Settled into the lovely hotel here in Sintra, just outside Lisbon. Will post up some pics tomorrow.

Just waiting on some late supper as I was fast asleep for hours as soon as I hit the bed and missed dinner. Was exhausted and more than a bit cranky when we flew into Lisbon this afternoon.

Flight was pleasant with no delays but my OH had a lot ot hassle at the car rental desk at the airport - they claimed they had no online booking from us and only had one car available at an exorbitant price - and by then we decided that we were so tired and just wanted to get a taxi to the hotel...was ripped off by the taxi driver with the fare being more than twice the amount what it should have been...

Anywho, really looking forward to our first time in Portugal. 😊 The people are so friendly, warm and helpful with a few very dishonest types in the mix but this is common in Mediterranean countries from my experience.

Bom noite all!

Post edited by JupiterKid on

@JupiterKid its bloody annoying when places want to rip you off when all you want is a nice relaxing vacation. Hope you have a great time.

Home, so beer time for me. Managed to lose 4kgs during my hotel break, so lots of room in my belly for turkey :):)

Retail staff at this time of year deserve the smile and thank you. As a student many moons ago I was a shelf packer in Superquinn. A very picky set up but great fun. I remember walking out of the shop on Christmas Eve morning as customers walked in! Casuals kept it stocked that day until we came back on the 28th. Different times.

I've been up to Dublin and back this evening and feel a bit sad but that's just me. I hate seeing young kids upset and stressed at Christmas. Loads are. Not nice. Drink and drugs are a scourge on humanity. Getting worse since the pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When my OH and I flew into Lisbon earlier today for Christmas the one thing that struck us were all the young Portuguese adults on that flight going back home to spend Christmas with their families. The scenes of joy and tearful reunions at Arrivals in Lisbon airport reminded me of very similar scenes in Dublin Airport arrivals in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

These were Portuguese emigrants working and living in a high-income, high-cost Dublin travelling back home to a poorer Portugal for the holidays. 

This was the exact same situation in Ireland 30-odd years ago when it was the young Irish emigrants returning home from London, Frankfurt, Brussels and New York - my big sister included - for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Merry Sh1tmas.

I have the bloody dose now 🙄🤒

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Stop stop will ya. The two young fellas are sniffing and coughing here this morning. Ffs

Except we didn't have free global hd video calling back then, insanely cheap flights, hook up apps .. the world's information on our phones ...Also, pretty much everything was banned in Ireland at the time; and.we were really quite innocent and ignorant.

🤣🤣🤣

Right ... Wednesday ... Be good !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Howdy all 🤠 It’s the long stretch now to the big day 🙌🙌

Flu in this house it's a sickener literally.

Kids coming out the other side of it now. My wife has it since last week and of course paddy last me had to wait til Monday this week for it to start. I've never had a flu before it's manky!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

The shortest day of the year.

Just picking out my summer shorts for tomorrow.

😝

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Not seen it but life out here is very ordinary...well, most of the time...lol....lol.... MOST of the time! It does have its moments .. !no banshees anyways. ! We are all far too old for shenanigs! Oh I am the oldest resident and working on a book set here

I have lived in islands before and once I realised that the life I saw from outside was nothing like th real life,, I suppose that is true everywhere but it just is more... concentrated on an island,, Have you read "Lord of the FLies"!?

Advertisement