Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

😁, apt title for the wherers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I could listen to that all day bones. Put a few Eagles tunes on earlier also, stirred a few memories that I didn't want to dwell on, isn't music amazing they way it can just hit you like that...

Haha knew that one would draw you out! 😁 Totally agree @[Deleted User] music can have such a powerful connection with the listener.

• Advertisement

Holy randomtag batman!!

I actually did the @. for Duvet Day don't know what happened there 😂

It's what shows up when you tag me since my unintentional vacation. I kinda like it ☺️😁

Ahhhh random deleted poster naming convention

Oh right that was your random replacement name hilarious 😂

• Advertisement

I have many songs by Blur stuck in my head at the minute..

Rainy morning in the west, those of you with a lie in planned, consider me jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cat has had his breakfast, been out and back in, cleaned himself, gone back to bed and it's still dark and nearly 7:30.

Birds singing. Think they really appreciate the mild winters.

Just had a mini kit kat.

Did not sleep very well.

Time for a a shower and proper breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,056 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Damn you! Ive a craving for munchies now

Porridge, banana, yougurt, tea, toast, juice for me.

My body is crying out for some healthy food after the grilling it got recently.

Got a shower in before heading home, cold rainy one. Feet head and shoulders dry. From ice to flash floods in days.. Luckily my next stop is a hotter shower, back is pinging pain signals like a mad thing.

Yep, Lashing out.

If you were going to go see Avatar The Way of Water, then no need, it's coming to you. 🤣

After a microwave curry and rice ...for breakfast

Damn, you mentioned the C word.

Definitely going for a nice curry this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have just ventured out inspecting the territory - what can be seen for the lowering dark clouds... The cats refused to come with me... They are demanding REAL FOOD not this turkey mullarkey....,,Oh those eyes they turn on...

Just my usual instanf coffee for me.... for now. I had lovely while watching old episodes of " The Bill" , knitting ( lots of yarn given) with a box of Celebrations at my side.

Boy! We old wans know how to live it up!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm bummed cos I missed last night's disco but delighted because it was because I was asleep 😊. Yes indeed, a full night's sleep was had despite a concerted effort by someone to throw a tantrum. The combined forces of my conciliatory tone and carefully timed sedation saw off the threat and I could leave my spot on the crash mat at 8.40 pm. Not a peep for 12 hours.

Now, about that disco...did anyone get the shift?

@Purple Mountain please stay resting even if you are feeling more energetic. It can take a long while to get over Flu.

Getting out of the house before I go crazy or more crazy.

Done with alcohol shenanigans too. Turns my anxiety up to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

When you’re having a crap day at work and one of your co-workers brings you a box of chocolates 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Just back from Dunnes....didn't really need anything but .....they usually have Christmas chocs half price now Christmas is over....I don't buy too much before Christmas (unless they are half price) but I'm well stocked up now .....it's a dangerous strategy as no guarantees what stock is left but when you're not fussy it can be worth it!

For those interested baileys chocs, Belgian choc biscuits, milk tray, and heroes .... should get me to New Year's Eve

I found that with alcohol. Not so much anxiety but definitely depression so I just don't drink anymore. Also I stay away from anything herbal that is increasingly becoming legalised in various countries and some states in the US. It causes me to become catastrophically depressed very quickly. I know some people find it useful for depression and anxiety and while it certainly helps to relax the after effects for me are completely counter productive.

The wisdom of experience! It is all a very individual reaction phenomenon. Some folk are helped; others are not. Like even medication. I stick with prescription pain relief that I know works for me. And it depends on whether we seek to avoid reaction to rather than coping with a situation etc. In my experience that is. Each is different.

The day has lasted more than long enough for me. ( it began in the small hours of course) ... Lovely trifle and a big tin of Roses.. ( Interesting CRASH from the kitchen!)

Goodnight all...

I’m one of the people it helps. Sleeping, appetite and general well being seems so much better after a joint. Plus listening to old music like Floyd. Shine on you crazy diamond CJ 😏

• Advertisement

Yeah , it annoys me that it affects me the way it does. I know a few people it really benefits in different ways. And then there are the others who's lives would be so much better without it. I really wish they'd hurry up and legalise it here and then it would be so much safer to get the dose that's right for the individual's requirements.

Advertisement