Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Grinding my gears on boards instead of taking a break.

Have a quiet and peaceful New Year and see you in 2023.

❤️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Boards and reddit are practically all I bother with this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting here beside my fire pit, it’s probably a bit warm for this but rain due for next week which is rather insane for where I am.

I collect logs throughout the year in order to enjoy this therapeutic relaxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Its lashing rain and very windy here, just home from a shopping trip ☺️ and meeting up for coffee. Cabin fever is costing me money, also 8 shouldn't be even thinking about work next week but I've definitely got a Glenroes feeling at the back of my mind, will chance the euromillions on Friday 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞😁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Gonna enjoy a couple of these and then home for some Lego with Ms G.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Quiet drink here, home to make food and night in is the current plan though Mrs G is pondering out now

Update, home date night it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I’m in bed, was sick during the night, aches and pains all over and a sick stomach. Have been asleep most of the day. With all the bugs going around seems inevitable I would pick something up. Hopefully will be a bit better tomorrow.

As much water as you can bear to keep hydrated and flush too Mrs G still recovering nearly four weeks later with one of these doses

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just stay in bed, you need to rest your way through this dose. And water as Grem says.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

I'm going to sound like a broken record but I can only echo what Grem & Purple have already said. Stay in bed,., rest, and make sure to drink lots of fluids. There's no shortcut to recovery, you need to give your body time to recover. I had to learn that there hard way myself.

Deskside, after the first day back at work. Wasn't too bad actually, very quiet, which is what I'd expected.

Leg is getting better as well. Got another appointment next week, as there are a few thing that the nurses want checked out by the consultant, but the bandage is off and staying off!!!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Placed my fire pit beside Mutts burial site, so this is my way of spending time with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

@Poochie05 I'm just going to echo Grem, PM & Thomil. Really hope you're feeling better soon.

@thomil so glad to hear that leg of yours is on the mend. Hope the positive news continues

Enjoy your date night with Mrs Grem @Gremlinertia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch......missus reminded me thats its our anniversary tomorrow...i completely forgot..again. Gonna have to shoot out early in the morning and pull a rabbit from the hat magic trick....

On a side note, I'm sick **** of having chocolate in the house, it's everywhere...and pringles, i swear the fecking tubes are calling me at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Well home. Lego finished off with Ms G. Sad to see so many complete dipso's spending an entire Christmas in the pub. Kinda ruins a relaxing few pints. Listening to Simple Minds, once upon a time album and another cosy beef casserole on the way. Anyway here's the latest creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks for the advice folks, I am still in bed and plan on staying there! Lots of water being consumed too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm sending a very special doctor over to you now poochie, he'll look after ya! 😄 😎 feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My little time away is coming to an end, I’ll miss certain things but I can’t wait to see my Alfie again 🥰

Hope both @Poochie05 and @thomil get better soon 🤗

Hope you feel better soon @Poochie05 and anyone else not feeling well.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

Get well soon to all those feeling unwell. My sinus infection bit me big time and I had to see a doctor today and am on antibiotics now. The left side of my face swelled up bad!y and my eye closed. I look like Quasimodo. Ah lads I hope 2023 is a better year - steady as she goes and not too much excitement would be grand. Mind yourselves!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Up in the night as my bedclothes went awol and it is VERY COLD.

All blissfully quiet here and no ferries etc the next while. Plenty of Christmas goodies as neighbours called in bearing gifts. We swapped parcels over the gate! They were all wearing warm cabled hats! Hatter to the island I am!. A good place to be. It really is. VERY good..

Just me and my beloved cats..

Hoping all the flu victims feel better soon. A hard thing at this time of year.. And it is a bad one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching news on tv . I’ve realised why I’m not going to bed. I don’t have a tv in my bedroom. Nursing a really sore back ( just above the crack of my arse ) due to falling asleep on the sofa in a bad position.

What position did you lie on?

Edit. It's fine I'm not talking again to you cj.

No TV here at all by choice. I was offered a free one but I watch all I want here online; news etc too.. met ie! In my own time

Ditched TV nearly 30 years ago when I was still in the UK. Even with 2 TVs and 2 videos... I was missing stuff due ot my unusual hours.

I enjoy catching up now with various series. Deep in " The Bill" now and "All Creatures Great and Small". All on youtube

I perforce am bed-based so as now my trusty laptop is open.. Soon I will just close down, light off and zzzzz without the hassle of leaving my warm bed,, Perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

My back and hips would be nodding in agreement, too.

🤨

There are a couple of places in my garden like that; Boycat, Beata, Jacob... The three cats I had when I arrived on the island, all well on in years then. Oh and Scallywag dog..So many treasured memories

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

My last day of work here and to say I’m taking it easy is an understatement 😂😂

Quite right too!!!! There used to be an old Liverpudlian expression that applies.." You're a long time dead!"

A dark, loud day. Think I will stay abed snugged as I am. With a HWB at my back,, Just up for essentials. Dratted gale kept me awake half the night. Knitting, laptop.. Who needs more? Oh and a large tin of Roses within easy reach... Topped up with a box of Celebrations..

Watching Worlds most dangerous roads. This one’s not bad , compared to a few weeks ago when I could hardly watch it.

• Advertisement

I watched one of those once.. OH MY ! I was always a nerveless even foohardy drive though! Watching is far worse then driving... Remembering being passnger with someon doing a many point turn atop a cliff with a sheer drop ..

Advertisement