Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

How's Poochie today?

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Holy crap i missed the 'r' in frizz on my first read, got to thinking pop rocks or lucky dips 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Since covid the area here in general but especially at night has got really quiet, weirdly so.

foxes have been spotted just walking around the paths both in daylight, twilight and at night….there is one outside now squealing and yelping…. Mating season im reading is the reason behind it. Just as well it’s not put out by last orders.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Vixens shrieking, some believe that's where the story of the banshee came from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah that is the wind. Out here it shrieks and screams.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

We had an awesome thunderstorm last night for about 2 hours, so roads here are flooded, glad that i followed my gut feeling not to continue traveling into the mountains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I'll never forget the first time I heard one shriek. It was so like a woman screaming I contemplated calling the guards . Very likely that's where the banshee myth came from. Once you know what it is you would never mistake it for anything else.

Wildly woefully windy... another "home day" .

The most adventurous thing will be sallying forth for fuel. Else snugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The joys of living in a desert :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Small one came in around 6 this morning complaining of upset tummy and then projectile vomited all over the place, 🤢🤢🤢. Poor thing can't handle it all all.

I knew we were getting off too lightly when all around us are down with Flu, Covid, and Bugs. I suppose it will go through the house now.

Serves me right for taking the pee out of sister who had to get a ferry last night in rough seas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thanks for asking. Still achey all over but get some relief from paracetamol. Been pretty much stuck to the bed, although I stayed up yesterday afternoon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Lazy day today, had a very long sleep last night but could use even more. Need to do a big grocery shop to re-stock supplies - but that will be later on today.

When we got back from Lisbon yesterday late afternoon there were a whole load of Christmas cards that came in the post when we were away that need opening. 😊

Very sad to hear of the passing of the greatest footballer of all time, Pele, and fashion designer Vivienne Westwood too, who gave the world the punk image and the leather/denim jacket plus ra-ra skirt combo for women look. She was as important as Mary Quant in developing modern fashion in the late 20th Century. May they both rest in peace.

The last few months of 2022 IMO have been a bit of a mini 2016 in terms of the celebs that passed on. 🙏🕊

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Welcome home @JupiterKid. Your holiday pics were fabulous. Hope the break did ye both good.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Stomach bug has hit me today and I’m dreading flying home tomorrow 🤢 god bless everyone on my flight 😂

Oh dear Auto, hope it holds off on the flight..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Elyvande

@Autosport sorry to hear that. Keep focusing on Alfie. Some New Year's pics of him would be great.

To everyone else feeling under the weather sliding tea and toast over to you all.

Trundle time here again. Spotify getting good usage from me since I joined it

Hugs to everyone under the weather. I'm out of the flu but still suffering with the fatigue and shortness of breath. I'm lucky to get off until Thursday to recover more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Working tomorrow as planned. But the plan has changed. It was meant to be an early start in Dublin and finished by 6pm. Now it's a 4pm start and a late finish. It's one of those jobs that nobody else wants due to party time! I'll take the money!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hugs to you too PM 🤗 it's an awful dose that seems to linger on for quite a few weeks.

Home, where else 🙂

Deskside, where else 😆 i miss :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

OH is coming down with a flu himself - aches and pains, fever, chills, cough. 😢

Have a cold myself but making sure he's comfortable and looked after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

And finally things are almost back to normal at home after a crazy but wonderful Christmas. Only my youngest son and an aunt an uncle still here, the rest have scattered back to whence they came.

Wishing you all a happy new year. X

Well, that's it for another year 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Happy new year to all.

Been so sick with whatever dose is hitting everyone at the moment.

Advertisement