Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I may keep my florence nightengale outfit on so, more care needed for wherers. Cuppa? Hot watter bottle?? Everyone has been down with something recently

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Another damp morning but things quiet enough so can't complain..

Kitchen open shortly for flat 7up and toast for the afflicted 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Up refreshed after a decent night's sleep. Now for coffee Nd batch toast.

Tip to myself. Make your bed , it's asooo much ni er sleep .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So sorry there is so much illness around. Please take care and get better ...

Safe out here from any bugs. I have not been near a person since Christmas Eve... And Ireland does not do Hogmanay.. My memories of Orkney! OH MY! Whiskey flowed like rain.

Cats and I somnolent and snoozy. Last night was chaotic.Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnn!

However you spend it HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside, I have an awful headache since last night, I was hoping it would be gone by this morning as I'm going to see two of my favorite little people late :3 but its not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Flat out here this morning, kids fed. 10k run done, dog walked and all other stuff in between. Now settling down for utd wolves game. Happy new year everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I can't leave boards alone. 🤣

Hope everyone is ok.

Here's some pics of a wet walk in Glendalough on Thursday...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

@SuperBowserWorld great pics, what's the mechanism in the 4th pic?

Something that may have been of use for mining ... there is an old miners village there.

Maybe a coffee machine 🤣

The place looks great in the sun and in the rain.

We only did the "easy" half of the route around the upper lake.

There is a narrow board walk that continues on from the highest point you see in my pic. Well worth doing but make sure you are relatively fit and best to do on an off peak day. Otherwise it's packed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,052 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Yeah , I never thought of that. Have another tv , but can to cast to a tv with no connection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm of no help there CJ , but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you with that.

Son in sick bay here now 🙈 He had a mild dose before Christmas but now it's hit with a bang . Appointment with out of hours Doc later .

In fairness I think half the country must be down with doses this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Officially bored now..... But at the same time, Lazy as sin.

Want to do something but no motivation..... Help!

I'm hoping not to get anything or get it when I have to go back to work !

2 people here have got flu/covid shots for medical reasons.

The other 2, including me have not.

Cat gets his cat flu vaccine every year. Costs a fortune. He says he's worth it. 😃

I do think lots of fruit and veg, cod liver oil, lots of water, sleep really helps against a bad infection. Also, too much alcohol does the opposite.

I just walked out of the house and typing crap on my phone, and calling people in a coffee shop. I've made this 3.50 coffee last an hour. And much cheaper and safer than going to the pub. 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

too much alcohol negativity affects your immune system… since I gave it up I’ve never been as healthy.

Yep, eating well is a huge thing too.

lazy as fûck today… im being made a late lunch.. Pasta Carbonara….smells incredibly delicious l

That's the going price for a regular sit in coffee these days. Was a nice coffee and I got to use the heating and lighting and toilets too. So, I made the most of that 3.50. I'd use their internet too, only I have mobile internet..🤣🤣🤣

Edit ...

Having said that, 3.50 euro for a coffee and a pastry would have had the place packed.

It has been years since I had a coffee out.. well, truth be told it is years since I WAS out! So I am clearly way behind the times.

Oh and before that? It is all coming back! I would take a flask of coffee when I went out. Then sit in a lovely place in the mountains or ocean...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Guess who’s on the train going home🙌🙌 stomach bug held off and not feeling as bad now thank god 👍

Happy New Year Wherer’s!!🎉🎉🥂🥂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Hope you all recover from the bugs that the winter has gifted us. I'm the only one unaffected in the wider family, sons, daughter in law and grandchildren all fighting what is a nasty virus.

I do school runs for the little ones and I hope this holiday time breaks the infectious cycle in the schools. So many children out before the holidays, and many parents not faring much better.

Dropping supplies to various households and running for cover before anyone emerges. Feels like being back in Covid lockdown.

In a very bah humbug mood.. Some medication taken early to soothe the savage beast 🙄

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Getting the dinner ready, taking it very easy as OH has the flu and I have a pretty bad headcold. 🤧 🤒

As per usual, it'll be a quiet night in this New Year's watching Jools Holland's show. OH might get out of bed later to watch the countdown.

I haven't gone out for NYE in many years, well before my drinking had become a serious problem. Too much hassle that youngsters are welcome to deal with! 😁

2022 was a very good year to me - may it continue into 2023! 👍👍

Wishing you all a very Happy, Healthy and Peaceful New Year! 🥳🥳🎉🎈🎉🎈🎉💕

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching Billy Connolly:In His Own Words.

Happy New Year all you wherers , past , present and lurkers . May 2023 be a good year for you all ❣️

Deskside, fierce cold on site, any residual heat well gone, tae and grumpiness for the night 🤣

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy new year to ye wonderful AH folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Made a new friend this year, one of my neighbours cats.

I'm restricted from keeping pets here, but that doesn't mean my landlord can stop me from 'borrowing' one from my neighbour for a few hours :)

Sweet! We have the same deal with out landlord's dog, what a beautiful cat.

• Advertisement

Added sideways 🤬 dog content

Advertisement